Sign in to follow this  
yellowrider120

Latest from 'The House of Fun'!

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/23985804.david-wagner-sees-future-kenny-mclean-centre-back/

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/23985068.david-wagner-believes-goals-will-come-onel-hernandez/

So T Lord Mayor is now a 'top centre half' whilst Collection Point A is 'improving'!! How low does a players ability have to plummet in Wagners' eyes to be dropped from the team? If Argos is now 'improving' then WTH was he like before said 'improvement' began??.

If you thought things couldn't possibly get any worse, they just have.

I sometimes wonder if Wagner is trying to deliberately engineer his own severance package in time for Christmas!

• Sad 1

Believes Hernadez is improving and goals & assists will come. Well we've only had to wait an eternity to see this mythical improvements. 

• Like 2

Onel was previously shipped out on loan as deemed not good enough for us, now he is first name on Wagners team sheet. Shows how bad things have got….he is definitely not improving and to say so is odd. Yes there is an improvement on the awful Watford contribution, but let’s be honest, there should be.

We will soon have a complete squad of scapegoats if these Wagner ramblings continue.

Edited by TIL 1010

15 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

I sometimes wonder if Wagner is trying to deliberately engineer his own severance package in time for Christmas!

What an earth would he do with his time?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

We will soon have a complete squad of scapegoats if these Wagner ramblings continue.

He really doesn't make it easy on himself.

If I didn't know better I would think he's saying these things just to rile up the fanbase

I really wish people would lay off Kenny and Onel. They are two of our most experienced and full hearted players and still have plenty to offer. Only 31 and 30 respectively, they both have another two or three years in them - and we know that at their best they are important players for us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I really wish people would lay off Kenny and Onel. They are two of our most experienced and full hearted players and still have plenty to offer. Only 31 and 30 respectively, they both have another two or three years in them - and we know that at their best they are important players for us.

Exactly this, youngsters compared to some of Webber’s summer recruits. Exciting times ahead. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

And if we didn't have them we'd need new scapegoats. 

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

For a start it is obvious you have not seen Hernandez play this season or you would know that Wagner is well wide of the mark with his comments because if anything sadly Onel is getting worse by the game and as for Kenny nobody is laying into Kenny at CB it is the fact despite signing not one but two CB's over the summer they have fallen behind him in the pecking order. A square peg in a round hole if ever there was one.

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

What an earth would he do with his time?

That would be lovely half time entertainment tonight. The Wagner family on a podium belting out that beauty would warm fans hearts. 

11 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

'When they're at their best'

And thats the issue. Their best was about three or four seasons ago

I can't believe it's 2023 and football fans still take managers pressers seriously.

His job is to get the best out of his team and he obviously feels defending Onel gives him the best chance of getting the best out of him.

Equally Kenny isn't a CB but he is probably our best option at the moment so why not big him up before 2 important games?

Genuinely astounded at the naivety of taking this sort of thing seriously. Both when managers are doing well and when they're doing bad, they say things that shouldn't be taken quite so literally.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

'When they're at their best'

And thats the issue. Their best was about three or four seasons ago

That’s certainly true in Onel’s case but there’s more mileage in Kenny I think. Onel now has no end product at all and doesn’t add anything to the team.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I can't believe it's 2023 and football fans still take managers pressers seriously.

His job is to get the best out of his team and he obviously feels defending Onel gives him the best chance of getting the best out of him.

Equally Kenny isn't a CB but he is probably our best option at the moment so why not big him up before 2 important games?

Genuinely astounded at the naivety of taking this sort of thing seriously. Both when managers are doing well and when they're doing bad, they say things that shouldn't be taken quite so literally.

No - surely that’s not correct, didn’t you know all managers speak 100% of the truth 100% of the time?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

That’s certainly true in Onel’s case but there’s more mileage in Kenny I think. Onel now has no end product at all and doesn’t add anything to the team.

He made the best pass of the game at the weekend, a beautiful through ball to Idah. If Idah had stayed on his feet, it should have been the best chance of the game.

27 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

25 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

He made the best pass of the game at the weekend, a beautiful through ball to Idah. If Idah had stayed on his feet, it should have been the best chance of the game.

OK he did make a decent pass in that game. I forgot about it in the ocean of dross. But surely you must agree he’s looked pretty awful of late ? It used to be fun watching him come on as a sub and electrify the crowd but even then nothing came of his trickery.

If he was that good he wouldn’t have been loaned out and when did he last score a home goal ? Is it four years ?

Edited by ......and Smith must score.
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

The trouble is that he also missed a brilliant chance in the first half - one that he really should have scored. We have now reached the point with Onel that if he has a brilliant chance you just turn around and talk to the person behind you, or get your phone out or something because you just know that he's not going to take it. The whole thing has just become routine. So routine in fact that there are 15 posts about him on this thead prior to this one and nobody so far has even bothered to mention that he missed a one-on-one with the goalie on Saturday. 

(if you would like to score your first goal at Carrow Road in 4 years tonight Onel and shut me up that would be great).

• Like 1

Just now, Thirsty Lizard said:

The trouble is that he also missed a brilliant chance in the first half - one that he really should have scored. We have now reached the point with Onel that if he has a brilliant chance you just turn around and talk to the person behind you, or get your phone out or something because you just know that he's not going to take it. The whole thing has just become routine. So routine in fact that there are 15 posts about him on this thead prior to this one and nobody so far has even bothered to mention that he missed a one-on-one with the goalie on Saturday. 

(if you would like to score your first goal at Carrow Road in 4 years tonight Onel and shut me up that would be great).

I don't think that chance was as easy as people make out. It was a fairly tight angle and he was being rapidly closed down. It was the strike of someone who hasn't scored in a while, but we know he can score. To my mind he's just a bit down on confidence in front of goal - all players get that from time to time.

I can't be the only one who thinks our midfield is way better with Kenny at centre back, can I? 

As for Onel, he's proven to be far below the level required. He shouldn't be anywhere near the squad. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I don't think that chance was as easy as people make out. It was a fairly tight angle and he was being rapidly closed down. It was the strike of someone who hasn't scored in a while, but we know he can score. To my mind he's just a bit down on confidence in front of goal - all players get that from time to time.

“ we know he can score “. Every footballer can score but as an offensive player who can beat players Onel’s records is woeful.

He may be a lovely bloke, tattoo, always smiling, etc, etc but on the pitch he needs to put some smiles back on our faces too.

Hernandez is a truly awful footballer, had a half decent spell in Farkes first promotion winning season, even then he wasn't always a starter. 

Should've been one of the ones to have been released in the summer. Just another piece of dead wood we have the club. Not good enough, like 50% of the squad aren't.

I hate this talk of passion and love of the club blah blah, I'd rather have someone playing who didn't have that but are actually good at football. 

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

So T Lord Mayor is now a 'top centre half' whilst Collection Point A is 'improving'!! How low does a players ability have to plummet in Wagners' eyes to be dropped from the team? If Argos is now 'improving' then WTH was he like before said 'improvement' began??.

If you thought things couldn't possibly get any worse, they just have.

That made me laugh!

I mean 16 appearances, no goals and 1 assist. Not sure how many Championship teams he would get into with stats like that and it seems only gets a look in here because he runs around a lot. That seems to be Wagner's idea of quality.

Only a matter of time until Hernandez gets pelters from the fans, as he really is shocking this season.

41 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

That would be lovely half time entertainment tonight. The Wagner family on a podium belting out that beauty would warm fans hearts. 

"WE NEED A FIFTH WAGNER HERE, WHERE ARE YA?"