Sign in to follow this  
yellowrider120

Latest from 'The House of Fun'!

2 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

"WE NEED A FIFTH WAGNER HERE, WHERE ARE YA?"

Can you see her marching on the pitch to join them? It would beat the actual match for entertainment. 

13 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I can't be the only one who thinks our midfield is way better with Kenny at centre back, can I? 

As for Onel, he's proven to be far below the level required. He shouldn't be anywhere near the squad. 

I like Nunez but I don't think our midfield is particularly better, we just have a CB who can control and distribute the ball now which makes a huge difference. It's no shock our possession and control of games dropped of massively once Gibson got injured.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Hernandez: 364 career apps,32 goals.

31yrs old in Feb. .and Wagner thinks he's getting better.. my god!

#He's just a one in ten! #

49 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I don't think that chance was as easy as people make out. It was a fairly tight angle and he was being rapidly closed down. It was the strike of someone who hasn't scored in a while, but we know he can score. To my mind he's just a bit down on confidence in front of goal - all players get that from time to time.

You stink of someone who doesn't watch football, stop talking complete and utter ****e 

• Haha 1

Just now, wesforprimeminister said:

You stink of someone who doesn't watch football, stop talking complete and utter ****e 

Well....... That's to the point

3 minutes ago, wesforprimeminister said:

Don’t sit on the fence. 

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Don’t sit on the fence. 

Sorry but come on, how anybody can possibly think onel is good enough is beyond me, sick of defending players like him, incredible how he starts every game and contributes jack to the game. Wagner should be sacked for this decsion every game alone.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wesforprimeminister said:

In a strange series of events, I'm going to defend @lake district canary using something he hates for double measure.

The Onel chance wasn't a clear chance. It was a relatively low xG 🙂

image.jpeg.8410aad633926cc0f45fe6238c535852.jpeg

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

In a strange series of events, I'm going to defend @lake district canary using something he hates for double measure.

The Onel chance wasn't a clear chance. It was a relatively low xG 🙂

The natural shot on Onel's chance would have been with the left foot, but we all know he likes to cut in on his right, which he would have done had the defender dived in, but the defender was quite canny, because he held back and forced Onel to go straight in on on goal. If you look at it again and you will see the defender holds back. Onel, imo, was waiting for the defender to dive in so he could cut back and the tameness of the shot was down to that more than anything. Canny defending. 

2 hours ago, wesforprimeminister said:

Sorry but come on, how anybody can possibly think onel is good enough is beyond me, sick of defending players like him, incredible how he starts every game and contributes jack to the game. Wagner should be sacked for this decsion every game alone.

For Onel you can also read Fassnacht, it’s like playing with 9 men

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I really wish people would lay off Kenny and Onel. They are two of our most experienced and full hearted players and still have plenty to offer. Only 31 and 30 respectively, they both have another two or three years in them - and we know that at their best they are important players for us.

Indeed then why sign Two old duffers at CB when we have two already and McLean! Onel is shocking, he’s always had pace and the spirit but his final ball or finish is appalling, so as far as others on the bench must be thinking why haven’t I been given a go from the start, Sainz being my point! It’s a troubled and disjointed squad, I agree McLean has looked at his best at CB but how bad is our squad that McLean is one of our best players!

Edited by Indy

7 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hahaha imagine signing TWO centrebacks and then deciding a midfielder should be our new centreback

Just Wagner things

Doesn't say alot for Webber.  

6 hours ago, Petriix said:

I can't be the only one who thinks our midfield is way better with Kenny at centre back, can I? 

As for Onel, he's proven to be far below the level required. He shouldn't be anywhere near the squad. 

I think the balance looks a lot better in the side overall with Kenny at the back. The midfield is less haphazard and improved ability on the ball + movement in the backline makes it all tie together a bit better.

I don't necessarily think the midfield looks better, though. Nunez has looked OK since he got back in, Barnes adds some organisation, but still too many ill-fitting roles IMO. Not a lot of functional G/A in Onel, Fassnacht, Barnes, Gibbs or Nunez in their current form and Idah won't do anything with no service.

Edit- forgot Placheta & Springett exist. Can add them to the dysfunctional list (though at this point you can count our genuine goal threats on one hand)

Edited by Mason 47
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

He made the best pass of the game at the weekend, a beautiful through ball to Idah. If Idah had stayed on his feet, it should have been the best chance of the game.

That's great put him in midfield then,  because when he goes running up the pitch Saturday and leaves Sara  covering , Ipswich are going to destroy us. 

2 hours ago, Indy said:

Indeed then why sign Two old duffers at CB when we have two already and McLean! Onel is shocking, he’s always had pace and the spirit but his final ball or finish is appalling, so as far as others on the bench must be thinking why haven’t I been given a go from the start, Sainz being my point! It’s a troubled and disjointed squad, I agree McLean has looked at his best at CB but how bad is our squad that McLean is one of our best players!

Wide men / Wingers are there to assist / make chances and chip in with goals ,

he fails at that badly , he has no end product which is what he will be judged on ,

working hard / tracking  players / closing down is a given a what everyone player should do anyway ,

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Petriix said:

Play the same way against Ipswich,  and I think it could be really bad , Kenny goes on a run leaves Sara to cover and both full backs go as well , I think a decent team will destroy us. 

• Like 1