daz

Mowbray gone.

and Sheff Utd likely to give theirs the boot, it doesn't look good for clubs beginning with the letter S.

McKenna should be worried........Scum

• Like 1

A bit surprising as they have a very young team and certainly have no right to the playoffs.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, S_81 said:

And still our 5hite manager remains in post 

You really don't like our club, do you ?

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, S_81 said:

How dare we not sack a manager after we have won three in four

(Yes he should not be here next season I agree but you get my point)

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

(Yes he should not be here next season I agree but you get my point)

He’s garbage. Proved it end of last season. Proved it much of this season. And will prove it again. But enjoy your three in four - all of which were awful performances and lucky wins. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, S_81 said:

He’s garbage. Proved it end of last season. Proved it much of this season. And will prove it again. But enjoy your three in four - all of which were awful performances and lucky wins. 

Some dubious results, a bit of luck can change things and can lead to better confidence and belief.  Another couple of good results/performances next week then sets us up for the Portaloo show down and then who knows?

I'm not banking on it, but if we want something to happen this season, it may as well be with this manager as any.  His success at Huddersfield was built hugely on enthusiasm and passion - if he can get the same kind of momentum at Norwich as he had there, it could get very interesting.

I'm no great fan of his, but if it's working, it's working - and despite the hiccups, it may just start to be working. The passion on show at Bristol was very clear, so lets give him that chance, eh? 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Two sackings in one day,

Lying in the depths of your imagination

On the law of averages, or even without it, it must be our turn soon

7 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Some dubious results, a bit of luck can change things and can lead to better confidence and belief.  Another couple of good results/performances next week then sets us up for the Portaloo show down and then who knows?

I'm not banking on it, but if we want something to happen this season, it may as well be with this manager as any.  His success at Huddersfield was built hugely on enthusiasm and passion - if he can get the same kind of momentum at Norwich as he had there, it could get very interesting.

I'm no great fan of his, but if it's working, it's working - and despite the hiccups, it may just start to be working. The passion on show at Bristol was very clear, so lets give him that chance, eh? 

It’s not working. As soon as we play anyone decent we will lose. Nothing has changed we’ve just played three crap sides. It’s a bit like under Smith when were picking up results whilst playing crap and everyone could see it wasn’t sustainable. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, S_81 said:

I know such a shame 😡... 

The point here is though any potential candidates Knapper's had pencilled in may now get snaffled up.

Sometimes it's better to wait, sometimes not, but if you do have a specific target in mind then it's highly likely someone else will too.

Cooper can't be far off at Forest, that will cause some very interesting ripples.

9 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

Two sackings in one day,

Lying in the depths of your imagination

It could be a Crowded House in the job centre, that's for sure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

If we had lost instead of luckily won those three in four we’d be one point outside the bottom three.

Damning. 

If we'd have lost every game we played this season we'd be bottom on 0 points.

F*cking Wagner. And Delia

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, hogesar said:

A bit surprising as they have a very young team and certainly have no right to the playoffs.

seems a bit out the blue ,

Maybe a fall out ? over Jan spending ? or something seems a bit harsh 

2 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

It’s not working. As soon as we play anyone decent we will lose. Nothing has changed we’ve just played three crap sides. It’s a bit like under Smith when were picking up results whilst playing crap and everyone could see it wasn’t sustainable. 

So can I clarify Jim:

1. Do you think that Webber assembled a squad that should be pushing for promotion rather than being mid table?

2. Which currently available manager do you think would help us attain said promotion?

For my part, I am not a big fan of Wagner as a manager, but I don't think that rushing to a quick sacking is necessarily the best solution - it is more likely to lead to a rushed appointment and the lack of a pre-season makes it harder for a new manager to implement his playing style.

11 hours ago, S_81 said:

You must have been gutted we won

I genuinely think this talk of changing the head coach is so short sighted.  Knapper will need a plan, a strategy, set some realistic timescales, and recruit people to make us genuinely better.  Until he is ready and is clear on that plan and strategy we are much better sticking with Wagner than chasing a quick fix.  Currently Wagner is not going to get us promoted and also looks like avoiding relegation.

On top of that he clearly fostering a positive culture, he is good with the media / fans and until the injury to Sargent seemed to have assembled a real sense of belief, and a decent run of results.

Edited by Newtopia

37 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

seems a bit out the blue ,

Maybe a fall out ? over Jan spending ? or something seems a bit harsh 

They're on a bad run, and I think they originally wanted a younger,  "progressive" manager (what that actually means, I have no idea).

But like I say they're a really young side so you've got to expect some inconsistency in my opinion.

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

If we'd have lost every game we played this season we'd be bottom on 0 points.

F*cking Wagner. And Delia

What about Winnie?

2 hours ago, Badger said:

So can I clarify Jim:

1. Do you think that Webber assembled a squad that should be pushing for promotion rather than being mid table?

2. Which currently available manager do you think would help us attain said promotion?

For my part, I am not a big fan of Wagner as a manager, but I don't think that rushing to a quick sacking is necessarily the best solution - it is more likely to lead to a rushed appointment and the lack of a pre-season makes it harder for a new manager to implement his playing style.

1. I think there is enough in the squad that it should be top 6, even with the injuries we have had. There are deficiencies in the squad but some of the selections and tactics have made it (and certain players) look worse than they are.

2. I have no idea if it’s realistic but I would have tried to get Potter. If he ends up at one of our divisional rivals that will be irritating. I would hope also that Knapper might know of some young, highly rated coaches that we might be able to approach.

I like Wagner as a bloke and who can’t help but feel pleased for him when we pull a result out of the bag like Sunday but his way of playing is so dependent on having all of the right personnel fit (and even then I’m not sure it now wouldn’t be exposed by the better sides) that it’s not going to work. The main problem, as ever, is in the midfield and that appears to be his blind spot. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

1. I think there is enough in the squad that it should be top 6, even with the injuries we have had. There are deficiencies in the squad but some of the selections and tactics have made it (and certain players) look worse than they are.

2. I have no idea if it’s realistic but I would have tried to get Potter. If he ends up at one of our divisional rivals that will be irritating. I would hope also that Knapper might know of some young, highly rated coaches that we might be able to approach.

I like Wagner as a bloke and who can’t help but feel pleased for him when we pull a result out of the bag like Sunday but his way of playing is so dependent on having all of the right personnel fit (and even then I’m not sure it now wouldn’t be exposed by the better sides) that it’s not going to work. The main problem, as ever, is in the midfield and that appears to be his blind spot. 

I don't disagree with much of this. There is a current of opinion which says that we have poor players, but generally, when fit, which I disagree with. (It always strikes me as strange when some on here say that all our players are useless and that we should sack the manager - if the players are as bad as they suggest, he is pulling a blinder to keep us midtable!)

Like you, I think that our squad is top end championship with out the outstanding players that a couple of the relegation clubs have. A play off place would be par for the course as far as I'm concerned. I also like Wagner as a person but feel that we keep on giving away the same type of goal - repeatedly. Every time is can be described as an individual error but it makes me think that perhaps the strategy is too demanding on some of them, precisely because it cannot accommodate error in the press - which makes the midfield look invisible (although my suspicion is that it is an error elsewhere that has sold them down the river). 

16 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He should have been sacked well before the last 4 fixtures.

And none them were good performances.

• Like 1

Of all managers sacked Mowbray would be one I could actually get behind. Plays good football, brings on young players and has excellent knowledge of the championship. I dunno but if we are to be destined a mid table championship team we could do a lot worse.

Edited by Ulfotto

9 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

He should have been sacked well before the last 4 fixtures.

And none them were good performances.

Wagner should have been sacked after the Plymouth loss but I've just accepted he will be here until the end of the season regardless of if we manage to get a good run going or lose every single one of our remianing games.

Well, maybe if we lose 6-0 to the binners he might get sacked but I just can't see it happening given all that was said at the AGM

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

18 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Sorry, but utter delusion. A prime example of the kind of happy clapping that is holding us back