KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Bristol v Norwich****

17 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I actually liked Sibierski 😂

I seem to recall him scoring a header which was really smashed at him (maybe a cross maybe a clearance I can’t recall) that he knew nothing about . 
My other memory was about his hairstyle. 
Not  much else I’m afraid 

33 minutes ago, unique said:

Three points it may be, but so thoroughly undeserved.

That suggests Bristol were significantly superior. They weren't. Both teams were equally mediocre, so a winner created by the brilliant determination and skill of one player was always likely to be a deciding factor, if there was to be one.

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Love a last minute winner and to be fair if either team deserved to win it was.

Who was it?

The suspense is killing me.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Love a last minute winner and to be fair if either team deserved to win it was.

Some of our CBs need to look at themselves when a midfielder steps in and we look more defensively solid.

I also think we look at lot better on the ball when Nunez plays.

The only thing that's made this win feel even better is watching @The Real Buh have a mental breakdown live on the pinkun forums about it all 😅

The weak minded will swing like the breeze but the fact is I’m right.

it was a poor team today, the fact some are distracted, like a child is distracted with a set of car keys, is embarrassing 

but not as embarrassing as Wagner celebrating with Idah. That was flat out embarrassing.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

About a minute into a game at Wimbledon he told Ian Butterworth that he'd be lucky to have both his eyes by the end of the game. Sorry, but you have to draw the line somewhere and I don't want people like that playing for us. 

You'd have to be a bit naive to think this sort of thing wasnt said all the time to intimidate opponents , especially in the 80s

....granted the Gary Mabbutt elbow was poor

....but I'll still standby the fact we let him go a bit too early....and a Fashanu/Fleck pairing wouldve been quite something

22 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

You do know the away fans chanted “you don’t know what you’re doing” at Wagners subs right? 

This is the issue when he’s not earnt any trust in his decisions though. I thought Rowe and Barnes were both pretty poor today, certainly worthy of subbing even if they weren’t recovering from injury. If fans were being objective they’d probably agree but seeing your top scorer yanked when you need a goal gets that sort of reaction when you’ve been poor. I don’t blame them for that.

6 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

The weak minded will swing like the breeze but the fact is I’m right.

it was a poor team today, the fact some are distracted, like a child is distracted with a set of car keys, is embarrassing 

but not as embarrassing as Wagner celebrating with Idah. That was flat out embarrassing.

It was more the fact you refuse to celebrate and hate on Idah because...he's not Grant Holt.

That's pretty embarrassing too, to be fair.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

A provably poor manager streaks towards a provably poor striker to celebrate extending his employment 2 more games.

Its embarrassing.

I wasn’t watching - do please tell me he didn’t actually streak ?!

• Like 1

Just now, hogesar said:

It was more the fact you refuse to celebrate and hate on Idah because...he's not Grant Holt.

That's pretty embarrassing too, to be fair.

I’m clearly talking about the type of player, or has that gone over your head as well.

I know, let’s start him next game.

like we have already

And he’s failed 

late goal though, jingle jingle check out those keys lol

• Haha 1

Although I want Delia out asap after the mask slipped during the AGM, I am happy we won. I think there are about ten or twelve teams in this league who are equally poor and all of whom could go down, and that we, as a divided club, would probably be the flakiest in a relegation dog fight. Also, I think the current owners are going to dig their heels in and removing them will be difficult, so my first concern is that when they are finally dislodged we are still in the second tier.

It was a bloody awful game, though, littered with errors, by two very poor teams.

19 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

You'd have to be a bit naive to think this sort of thing wasnt said all the time to intimidate opponents , especially in the 80s

....granted the Gary Mabbutt elbow was poor

....but I'll still standby the fact we let him go a bit too early....and a Fashanu/Fleck pairing wouldve been quite something

I'm not naive. John Fashanu meant it. A truly disgusting man. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A win is a win. The boys stuck at it poor at times but they never stopped battling. 2 decent 20 minute spells both halves and let’s be honest Bristol goal was totally undeserved. Will celebrate a win and credit to Idah too took it well. Not my favourite player but let’s give him some love. Even Maclean made us look better at the back and I was shocked at lineup. If only they could get midfield clicking ..let’s see what happens over next week ..paper over cracks maybe but taking a step back quite chuffed at result  OTBC 

5 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'm not naive. John Fashanu meant it. A truly disgusting man. 

Not to mention how he ditched his brother because it spoilt his ug-ug he-man image.

46 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I think it unlikely that we're now going to go on and dominate English football for the next 25 years being honest.....

Typical 20%

• Haha 3

On a positive note,  if only we had beaten Watford it would have been 4 wins from 4 and we would be 7th. I know the squad is not great,  nor is DW a great coach but we do have some reason to be just a little optimistic. 

Players coming back from injury too, so this season still isn't lost. I still want a new manager though,  as DW hasn't proved he is good enough

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Wirecanary said:

A win is a win. The boys stuck at it poor at times but they never stopped battling. 2 decent 20 minute spells both halves and let’s be honest Bristol goal was totally undeserved. Will celebrate a win and credit to Idah too took it well. Not my favourite player but let’s give him some love. Even Maclean made us look better at the back and I was shocked at lineup. If only they could get midfield clicking ..let’s see what happens over next week ..paper over cracks maybe but taking a step back quite chuffed at result  OTBC 

Were you at Bristol watching or ?

1 hour ago, unique said:

Daylight robbery.

Wagner clearly thinks Idah has kept him in a job.

Three points it may be, but so thoroughly undeserved.

Surprised there's fans who genuinely think like this.

Thought we at least matched Bristol today and to be fair to Wagner, his substitutions won us the game. 

47 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

#worststrikerevertoplayforus

12 minutes ago, Ian said:

Surprised there's fans who genuinely think like this.

Thought we at least matched Bristol today and to be fair to Wagner, his substitutions won us the game. 

I'm not sure about that. I thought they shaded 6 at least we hung in there and didn't keep giving it away cheaply today. That was an improvement on Watford.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

I'm not sure about that. I thought they shaded 6 at least we hung in there and didn't keep giving it away cheaply today. That was an improvement on Watford.

That's fair. We had two absolutely glorious chances in the first half, can't really remember them having too many clear cut chances.

I was cutting worktop at the same time however, so might have missed some.

Am I the only one who thinks this. Wagner told.....unless you win you are gone hence the celebrations at the goal. We were awful and the winner just papers over the cracks. He should still be gone

10 minutes ago, Ian said:

That's fair. We had two absolutely glorious chances in the first half, can't really remember them having too many clear cut chances.

I was cutting worktop at the same time however, so might have missed some.

Always remember - measure twice, cut once…:-)

You’re not too far wrong, we did limit them to few decent chances; imo we were pretty good second half, though had appeared to settle for the draw when we got the winner!

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Adam showing some nice touches. 

That’s what his girlfriend said

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

He’s Simeon Jackson when we need Grant Holt

We need a consistent leading man that will get us goals and lead the line, not some guy who scores splurgy last minute winners.

Come on! Given how bad it’s been this season and how terrible the people running the show is. You cannot tell me you haven’t got a buzz from the Hull, Cardiff and Bristol goals! I cannot believe you are using that as a stick to beat one of our young strikers! 

1 hour ago, Pyro Pete said:

That result was even more ridiculous than Ian Wright's coat earlier today.

GAbR4hEXcAAyhIc~3.jpg

Looks more like Winnie Mandela

4 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

No Jim . It means that Norwich won. No conflict. If you are honestly conflicted my friend you ain’t a City fan. 

If you didn’t jump out of your seat when that went in I’m not interested in anything you have to say. 

I did jump out of my seat, that’s the point. You can’t help it. However the issue comes from the fact that you know the board will only act when absolutely forced to and I still do not think anything we saw today demonstrates Wagner should still be in charge.