Right the gloves are off. Surely can’t be any S and J supporters left after tonight’s comments. Time for the whole ground to vent their feelings at next home game, maybe on 82 minutes, though if we’re behind again most supporters will have gone home by then.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Right the gloves are off. Surely can’t be any S and J supporters left after tonight’s comments. Time for the whole ground to vent their feelings at next home game, maybe on 82 minutes, though if we’re behind again most supporters will have gone home by then.

What did Wynnie say?

When posters on here used to attack Delia, I was always one of those who would speak up in her favour. Not any more. The last two and a half years has convinced me she needs to go as soon as possible. The way she allowed effective control of the club to go into the hands of the Webbers was either an incompetent dereliction of duty towards the club she claims to love or a cynical way of maintaining her position and keeping herself as the club's media figurehead.

Did Delia Smith really say this?

(it was on Twitter)

"Our fans pushed Stuart out of the club, they are trying to do the same to David, we cannot let that happen. Ben Knapper agrees, David Wagner will see the season out regardless."

Astonishing!

Did the nodding dog beside her agree (and I'm not talking about Ben Knapper?)

Let's see if this rings true if we get thumped by the Binners.

6 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

(it was on Twitter)

"Our fans pushed Stuart out of the club, they are trying to do the same to David, we cannot let that happen. Ben Knapper agrees, David Wagner will see the season out regardless."

Astonishing!

No she didn’t. That was a tweet from a spoof account. She did however say a few things that were not a million miles off it in respect of a section of our fan base. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

When posters on here used to attack Delia, I was always one of those who would speak up in her favour. Not any more. The last two and a half years has convinced me she needs to go as soon as possible. The way she allowed effective control of the club to go into the hands of the Webbers was either an incompetent dereliction of duty towards the club she claims to love or a cynical way of maintaining her position and keeping herself as the club's media figurehead.

I was always quite bordering on support and saw the club as a stable unit through those particularly weird years of club ownership through Al-Fayed to Marcus Evans and others.

The Times (?) quote about bequeathing the club to Tom Smith, and especially the statement that the fans could "take it or leave it," pricked up my ears.

Perhaps a few of the extreme critics on this forum also penetrated my views, as OTT as they often seemed to be. 

As a "country" supporter and devoid of the comfort zone which envelops Carrow Road and its great facilities, it is probably best to observe rather than involve for the most part, however. 

Surely after last night's performance, the end should be sooner rather than later for the pair of them. Give them their honorary seats in the director's box if nothing else.

I absolutely hate the "Little Old Norwich" label as well.

Edited by BroadstairsR

I've watched a few clips from the interviews and I've got to say something about her tone is really off in these. She just seems frustrated, dismissive and just adding to the general mood music from the club in recent years that us know nothing fans are an annoyance to be tolerated at best. It isn't a great look at all.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, king canary said:

I've watched a few clips from the interviews and I've got to say something about her tone is really off in these. She just seems frustrated, dismissive and just adding to the general mood music from the club in recent years that us know nothing fans are an annoyance to be tolerated at best. It isn't a great look at all.

It’s not a coincidence that this is the way the club has treated fans in recent times - as a bunch of ungrateful moaners. This came through regularly in Webber interviews and I think permeates the upper echelons of the club now. Listen to how she speaks of Stuart. Clearly completely in thrall of him and many of her comments you could imagine coming directly out of his mouth. Echo chamber. 

• Like 1

Just seen the video of her last night, now I've never been a fan of hers, I've actively wanted her out since the night she embarrassed herself vs Man City and made it very clear how she felt about the great unwashed, but I've never actively hated her......until now!!!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tricky974 said:

Have we really got to wait until the 6th of Jan 24 and just not renew his rolling contract

I don't really understand how this works.  If he was sacked today, wouldn't the compensation amount just be between todays date and 24th Jan? Thats about 8 weeks. Surely that wouldn't be too expensive, compared to say if he had 18 months left his a contract.

To paraphrase Delia…

She has “no idea, no IDEA!”

Time to go, I am afraid. Delia came across as an angry, nasty and condescending person. 

I really don’t care about the club that I have supported for 40+years. Which is so sad.

Ps I am one of the quiet majority at the games. It doesn’t mean that I am happy. It just means that I am apathetic about the club. I just don’t care. 

Hopefully we can get a new broom in soon and start again.

#DeliaOut #ZoeOut #WynnieOut

Edited by yellow_belly

I have always been strongly pro-Delia/MJW and think they have been fantastic for our club and have not (up to now) been one of the supposed 20 perecenter whingers, but surely even the most ardent DS/MJW fan can see the problems caused when they are not strong enough to stand up to Sporting Directors. Total control is what Webber had - or so it appears to me (please correct me if I'm wrong) - yes, there is a board, but it really looks as if board members basically let him have free reign. 

I believe that DS/MJW got into bother with McNally over the sacking of Hughton - that they tried to have some control and it led to conflict - eg: poor timing of the sacking - so they decided to give the next man total control over football matters, which is how they managed to attract Webber - by giving him total control. To start with that may have been fine, but in the last two and a half years, nobody can truthfully say that the way things have been going at the club have been working well, on or off the field. 

The denial of the governance issues by DS/MJW simply makes it look like they are not atuned to what people see is happening. Yes, we can't all see what goes on behind closed doors, but we can get a general idea. Even if it is just down to seeing which players are brought in and which coaches are brought in is a big part of that - and in no way was Dean Smith ever going to be good manager for us. It remains to be seen if Wagner is going to do anything - but it doesn't look promising.

My understanding of the rolling 12-month contract is that, essentially, you always end up paying a year's salary if the club breaks the contract. So no difference in compensation if we were to sack Wagner today, 24/1/24, or 24/1/30...

48 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

It’s not a coincidence that this is the way the club has treated fans in recent times - as a bunch of ungrateful moaners. This came through regularly in Webber interviews and I think permeates the upper echelons of the club now. Listen to how she speaks of Stuart. Clearly completely in thrall of him and many of her comments you could imagine coming directly out of his mouth. Echo chamber. 

I said in another thread it feels obvious to me that she blames the fans for Webber resigning. She clearly would have kept him for longer and that resentment is showing.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Satriales said:

I don't really understand how this works.  If he was sacked today, wouldn't the compensation amount just be between todays date and 24th Jan? Thats about 8 weeks. Surely that wouldn't be too expensive, compared to say if he had 18 months left his a contract.

1 minute ago, Grando said:

My understanding of the rolling 12-month contract is that, essentially, you always end up paying a year's salary if the club breaks the contract. So no difference in compensation if we were to sack Wagner today, 24/1/24, or 24/1/30...

There is some differing of opinions on this.

In some walks of life a rolling contract means a contract that renews on a set date. I used to rent a flat where we had a 3 month rolling contract- it didn't mean I always had 3 months left, it just meant that every three months it would roll over unless someone said otherwise.

In football it has generally been taken that a rolling contract means the manager is always due a years compensation if sacked and the club would be due a years compensation if poached. 

I don't know what type Wagner has but I'd lean towards the latter based on what I've read about similar contracts for other managers.

• Like 1

Delia took the mike and mentioned she was a cook (laughter from the faithful) 

Then went on about making an omelette, halfway through her rant I think the sherry must have kicked in as didn’t have a clue what she said or talking about

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

I said in another thread it feels obvious to me that she blames the fans for Webber resigning. She clearly would have kept him for longer and that resentment is showing.

That's Exactly how i saw it ,

But she has not calmed the fans she has angered the fans ,

that has put Wagner and Knapper under even more pressure ,

She talks of Negative fans etc her words have flamed the situation not calmed it ,

When Preston roll in the winner Carrow road will turn toxic ,

i would not begrudge Delia and MWJ if they would have  just sold the club and retired ,

Let the new owners worry about finance and go and count your money ,

you not helping matters at all now 

I’ve never been particularly for or against DeliaMWJ, and absolutely nothing has changed.  Are people really so thin-skinned that this matters to them - is she only allowed to say nice things?

Really, when there’s all the crap going down elsewhere in the world, does it matter that Delia thinks some of our supporters are whingey?  And is she actually all that far wrong?  And aren’t we entitled to be? 

Placatory comments might have of course been more sensible, but I imagine she’s as frustrated and peed off as everyone else 

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’ve never been particularly for or against DeliaMWJ, and absolutely nothing has changed.  Are people really so thin-skinned that this matters to them - is she only allowed to say nice things?

Really, when there’s all the crap going down elsewhere in the world, does it matter that Delia thinks some of our supporters are whingey?  And is she actually all that far wrong?

Placatory comments might have of course been more sensible, but I imagine she’s as frustrated and peed off as everyone else.

It totally matters and epitomises a chief element of the disdain between some fans and some members of the NCFC board. 

• Like 1

She's always been a nasty piece of work. Hopefully a few more will see the light now. But of course there are plenty who will always believe the sun shines out of her backside regardless.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Really, when there’s all the crap going down elsewhere in the world, does it matter that Delia thinks some of our supporters are whingey?  And is she actually all that far wrong?  And aren’t we entitled to be? 

Placatory comments might have of course been more sensible, but I imagine she’s as frustrated and peed off as everyone else 

She is perfectly entitled to have her say and I'm sure you'll encourage those that spend their money supporting her business to have the same entitlement.

Going by the direction of the club and its standing in the community, I'd say she is pretty clueless.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

(it was on Twitter)

Astonishing!

Weirdly, that would've been a seriously funny listen!!! 😅

She makes you laugh saying Webber put his head out of the door and said he has never heard such bad language hasn’t he heard bad language at any of his other clubs. Then MWJ says they were probably drunk when they signed the deal is that a fit and proper person  for the EFL. Let’s hope the crowd show their anger at the next home game.

9 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

She is perfectly entitled to have her say and I'm sure you'll encourage those that spend their money supporting her business to have the same entitlement.

Going by the direction of the club and its standing in the community, I'd say she is pretty clueless.. 

I suppose it depends if they are part of the 80% or 20%?!