TIL 1010

You're Getting Sacked In The Morning.

I find it incredible (but not surprised) that Wagner hasn’t been sacked, not just for the run of defeats, but for last night’s performance & for the lack of football identity. I genuinely don’t think Wagner has a clue what style of football he thinks is best suited for the players at the club, he keeps chopping & changing players, trying to put square peg’s into round holes, sure he can mention that we’ve picked up injuries, but which team hasn’t. Apart from the squad which was relegated to League 1, I can’t remember a Norwich team so disorganised, clueless of what they should do with the ball in so many situations during games. Why wait for the obvious inevitable, just get rid of Wagner. 

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Top corner said:

I find it incredible (but not surprised) that Wagner hasn’t been sacked, not just for the run of defeats, but for last night’s performance & for the lack of football identity. I genuinely don’t think Wagner has a clue what style of football he thinks is best suited for the players at the club, he keeps chopping & changing players, trying to put square peg’s into round holes, sure he can mention that we’ve picked up injuries, but which team hasn’t. Apart from the squad which was relegated to League 1, I can’t remember a Norwich team so disorganised, clueless of what they should do with the ball in so many situations during games. Why wait for the obvious inevitable, just get rid of Wagner. 

The board bottled making the decision after Sunderland, and before Knapper's arrival. Their lack of bottle has put Knapper under unnecessary pressure. He's not daft, he knows Wagner needs to go. But equally, from a moral stand point, he can't just walk into the club and sack him without giving him a chance. What message does this send out?

The current mess, and the continued inevitable damage for the foreseeable future, is all on Delia, Zoe and the board. How they've allowed it to get this bad, and sign off allowing it to get worse, is absolutely shambolic and they should hang their heads in shame. Delia, in particular. Norwich fan, my ****. No Norwich fan would sign this off. We'll be a laughing stock in a couple of weeks, all on their watch, and they don't care at all. 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

2 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

The board bottled making the decision after Sunderland, and before Knapper's arrival. Their lack of bottle has put Knapper under unnecessary pressure. He's not daft, he knows Wagner needs to go. But equally, from a moral stand point, he can't just walk into the club and sack him without giving him a chance. What message does this send out?

The current mess, and the continued inevitable damage for the foreseeable future, is all on Delia, Zoe and the board. How they've allowed it to get this bad, and sign off allowing it to get worse, is absolutely shambolic and they should hang their heads in shame. Delia, in particular. Norwich fan, my ****. No Norwich fan would sign this off. We'll be a laughing stock in a couple of weeks, all on their watch, and they don't care at all. 

Told you all along Delia is Ipswich. What has happened, or hasn't, just proves it.

With MA in town they must have discussed Wagner's future surely? Trouble is if MA doesn't really know, and he doesn't, and says I'll leave it up to you guys, Delia confirms her support for Wagner, Zoe doesn't really care as she's non football and will probably seek a new challenge soon and Adams is a wet lettuce. I'm not surprised nothing will get done.

Knapper will start on his 5 year strategy and decide in 6 months time Wagner and his croanies are not what is required, meanwhile the players get lambasted by the fans and the vicious circle continues.

We probably can't afford to sack Wagner and his team.....and without that financial input from MA I really think we'd be up sheet creek without a canoe ....or a paddle....

21 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Told you all along Delia is Ipswich. What has happened, or hasn't, just proves it.

You act like this is some big secret. Delia has made it clear she thinks that the 'East Anglian Derby' shouldn't exist and that there's nothing wrong with supporting both sides and that we should all shake hands, hug and be best friends.. 

3 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

We probably can't afford to sack Wagner and his team.....and without that financial input from MA I really think we'd be up sheet creek without a canoe ....or a paddle....

At this moment in time, I’d take anyone already on the books as his replacement. So stick him on gardening leave and see what Joe from the club shops got. 

7 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

At this moment in time, I’d take anyone already on the books as his replacement. So stick him on gardening leave and see what Joe from the club shops got. 

Doris the tea lady was approached to take over the coaching role at Carra but she has already applied to be a waitress in the prospect of a Hooters at Carra....Doris sez and I quote...."That's where the money is and the tips are exceptional...so if serving in Hooters is good enough for our Delia... then it's good enough for me"....

image.jpeg.f8be59257f5ae255bd8445386fb97a70.jpeg

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, For the future said:

They won’t sack Wagner as they have not got any money until we sell our best players in the January sales window 

Trouble is they'll have even less money if season ticket holders start to walk next year.

I can see Tzolis being sold in January providing we can do a deal with Fortuna. That should be enough to pay his 1 year salary.

I really haven't felt as low about my club since the league 1 relegation. It's really as if the board don't give a toss about the supporters. Last night was awful. Onel should never pull on the shirt again. Fassnacht as bad. Gibbs up front. McLean centre half. I have no faith in Wagner at all. Why oh why has he not been sacked today. We need a boost before Sunday

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, canarycop said:

I really haven't felt as low about my club since the league 1 relegation. It's really as if the board don't give a toss about the supporters. Last night was awful. Onel should never pull on the shirt again. Fassnacht as bad. Gibbs up front. McLean centre half. I have no faith in Wagner at all. Why oh why has he not been sacked today. We need a boost before Sunday

This does feel like a start of the journey to League One again. It took a few years to get there last time but this is the same head in the sands NCFC as we saw then. Only this time the demise of the Worthington squad is now that of the Farke one.

We just need to hope we find another Lambert as it certainly isn't the current clown. 

This starts to feel very like 2000-2001 when Delia’s favourite Bryan Hamilton was in charge - had no clue, brought in all sorts of mediocre aging players and spouted total rubbish in his post match reviews. He was only relieved of his duties when League 1 started to loom on the horizon. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

This does feel like a start of the journey to League One again. It took a few years to get there last time but this is the same head in the sands NCFC as we saw then. Only this time the demise of the Worthington squad is now that of the Farke one.

We just need to hope we find another Lambert as it certainly isn't the current clown. 

I had a conversation recently which had a similar thread to this. It feels like an accelerated version of the Worthy-Grant-Roeder years; arguably five seasons compressed into two or three. 

I don’t think it’s hyperbole to say relegation this season is not inconceivable at all. 45 points was the safety mark last season - current trajectory of performances, results and injuries could easily make that a difficult total to get to. Just imagine, we have a disaster of a Jan window, cash in on Rowe, Sara or even Sargent… 

I knew I shouldn’t have had Stilton before bedtime 

Edited by mrdi
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

eh ?

We cannot afford to keep Wagner. Gunn was replaced when McNally looked at his methods - turn up on Saturday, wave to the crowd and err, be friends with Delia..... and that was it. Flint Knapper will have watched recordings of previous games and seen the glaring flaws. Will have noted how many of the squad are out through minor injuries and will see the bizarre substitutions and line ups.

The only plan last night seemed to be one of hoofing the ball forward in the hope Idah would run on to it. He did once, then shot from a narrow angle rather than knocking it back to a City player just inside the box. One of the myths is the new manager bounce. As if his 'magic' works from day one. It is usually more a case of the new manager telling the players to go out and play, how they see fit. Wagner is more a hindrance than any help. And the thought there is some hidden managerial ability that he has hither to kept secret and will be now be unleashed is farcical.

Tell the players Wagner is gone, give them a couple of days break before driving down Saturday and then let the players sort things out Saturday evening. You don't stop being a decent player overnight. But you can become frustrated and lose motivation when you are being constantly asked to do what you know is not right.

At this stage, all that is needed is for someone to tell the players " you are better than these results, so go out there and prove it". Over loading the players with instructions, and the latest buzzwords is all too often counterproductive. Football is quite an uncomplicated game, It is usually those who have not played it that want to overcomplicate it.

In this, I am reminded of the US space mission who spent millions developing a pen that could write upside and in a gravity free environment...............................................the Russians used a pencil.

• Like 1

i imagine MA is not to happy 

walking out onto pitch in PL to this ! 

the price of what he has to pay will not be going down and would not go up if doing well so i imagine the better we are doing the better it is for Him 

I'm thinking we must have someone lined up as a replacement who isn't available to start as yet .  so we're keeping him in place until available as its easier than a caretaker maybe more hope than thought . 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, mrdi said:

I had a conversation recently which had a similar thread to this. It feels like an accelerated version of the Worthy-Grant-Roeder years; arguably five seasons compressed into two or three. 

I don’t think it’s hyperbole to say relegation this season is not inconceivable at all. 45 points was the safety mark last season - current trajectory of performances, results and injuries could easily make that a difficult total to get to. Just imagine, we have a disaster of a Jan window, cash in on Rowe, Sara or even Sargent… 

I knew I shouldn’t have had Stilton before bedtime 

I think there will be more than 3 teams worse than us. Luckily the league is so poor the teams below us can't string any form together.

15 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

i imagine MA is not to happy 

walking out onto pitch in PL to this ! 

the price of what he has to pay will not be going down and would not go up if doing well so i imagine the better we are doing the better it is for Him 

He doesn't have to pay anything though. The money he has already loaned to the club will be converted to shares because we can't afford to pay it back.

5 hours ago, vos said:

I can't see how Knapper a young and fairly inexperienced Sporting Director can just walk in to the Club and sack the Head Coach. 

Knapper is 36 so he's not that young. Webber was 33 when he arrived and appointed Farke

I agree Knapper is new to being a Sporting Director but surely we appointed him as we felt he could do the job. 

He should be the one deciding who's head coach. It's about the most important part of his job.

12 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I think there will be more than 3 teams worse than us. Luckily the league is so poor the teams below us can't string any form together.

I’d like to think so too. Wednesday are pretty much dead in the water already for sure. Got a feeling that QPR might scuttle out of trouble, not for the first time. It’s definitely not a foregone conclusion. 

5 minutes ago, Chichcan said:

Knapper is 36 so he's not that young. Webber was 33 when he arrived and appointed Farke

I agree Knapper is new to being a Sporting Director but surely we appointed him as we felt he could do the job. 

He should be the one deciding who's head coach. It's about the most important part of his job.

Agreed, plus it will be Norwich City sacking Wagner as signed off by the owners and BOD not Ben Knapper.

Looking at the players we've sold/loaned out/let their contract run out recently when the team looks so lackluster is terrible.

Tzolis, dowell, cantwell, rashica,Byram, Krul, Mumba.

Any of these would have  improved our match day squad and given us options.  We seem to have deliberately stripped this squad of creativity and talent to replace it with an aging squad of journeymen on long contracts who will only decline over the next 2/3 years.  I'm not sure what manager would want to come in and deal with it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Haus said:

Looking at the players we've sold/loaned out/let their contract run out recently when the team looks so lackluster is terrible.

Any of these would have  improved our match day squad and given us options.  We seem to have deliberately stripped this squad of creativity and talent to replace it with an aging squad of journeymen on long contracts who will only decline over the next 2/3 years.  I'm not sure what manager would want to come in and deal with it.

Webber's final middle finger to the club, along with the small matter of 96 million.

33 minutes ago, Haus said:

To be fair, Rashica didn’t want to be here so good riddance to him. Cantwell was carrying too much baggage. The rest, I agree with though. 

2 hours ago, non-scoring strikers said:

Knapper has only been in the job a week or two but the longer he’s leaving Wagner in post the more he’s looking like a chump.

Losing respect daily. Already.

I said on his first day that he simply had to sack Wagner to maintain credibility as a “data man” - tbe longer this takes the weaker he looks. It doesn’t take brains to work out what needs doing at this stage, the tactics, results and substitutions speak for themselves 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

He doesn't have to pay anything though. The money he has already loaned to the club will be converted to shares because we can't afford to pay it back.

This is my understanding and I might be wrong as I do not know full details 

I think or thought some of loan was going to be repaid when we got last of sky money ? 

anyway this is how I think it will work out 

total guess by me and figures are examples only 

say the club is valued at 80 million 

MA say has loaned 40 million so far to get full control he has to loan another 40 million 

owners can only put in so much per year FFP so that is why Delia and mwj have spread over 3 years 

MA loans another 20 million per season until

he has paid another 40 million (80 mil total)

then he has paid going rate for club  Delia has made nothing and hands over shares 

nobody benefits other than club 

only problem with that is they are loans so far so what happens if he wants to pull out or someone gets cold feet who knows 

like I said that is totally guesswork 

Edited by norfolkngood

I can only imagine that both the stowmarket 2 are suffering from Dementia it can be the only explanation for him still being in a job?