TIL 1010

You're Getting Sacked In The Morning.

Wagner reminds me so much of Lambert had success at one club and will never reach those heights again 

Every club who hired him wanted the Norwich city Paul Lambert but he just could not repeat it ,

Wagner is the same had success at Huddersfield and since then Nothing in fact long l runs without winning are becoming common 18 at schalke ! 

he will bounce about clubs when he leaves here just like Lambert has done all wanting that Huddersfield Wagner 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Exactly. This is a nothing season and there's absolutely no strategic benefit to bringing in new manager now to be tarred by the prevailing negativity.

A squad refresh under a new SD with a clean slate in the summer with a new manager with a clean slate and a full preseason to prepare is what the club needs.

I'd say the exact opposite. Bring one in now. Make some moves in January and six months to build a team and style with a view to next season. Even you admit we won't go down, so what is the point in keeping wagner on??  

7 minutes ago, Canario said:

I'd say the exact opposite. Bring one in now. Make some moves in January and six months to build a team and style with a view to next season. Even you admit we won't go down, so what is the point in keeping wagner on??  

Totally. Having a Head Coach with no skin in the game knowing he's going to be sacked in the summer really is quite a bizarre idea.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Totally. Having a Head Coach with no skin in the game knowing he's going to be sacked in the summer really is quite a bizarre idea.

Yep. No motivation at all. You can't have that filtering down to players. They are not good enough to win in first gear. If they arent 100% up for the game then they will lose

Their is no intention of sacking Wagner -when there is a big love in with Delia and co- so I afraid you all going to  have to live with this dross of a team

46 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Wagner reminds me so much of Lambert had success at one club and will never reach those heights again 

Every club who hired him wanted the Norwich city Paul Lambert but he just could not repeat it ,

Wagner is the same had success at Huddersfield and since then Nothing in fact long l runs without winning are becoming common 18 at schalke ! 

he will bounce about clubs when he leaves here just like Lambert has done all wanting that Huddersfield Wagner 

They are both examples of the stars aligning between a managers style, key players fitting that style and producing their best and a fair amount of luck.

The best managers can recreate that, some never can.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Justin time said:

That’s an awful amount of luck.

It's called right place right time. There are even well known managers at top flight clubs that totally failed elsewhere!

What we need is a manager that can work with what we've got, not what we haven't in the short term. Play to our strengths not our weaknesses. Its much easier to shine if you have big cheque book.

Farke was often criticized when it was going pear shaped for never really having a 'plan B' and ended up in the same 'try anything' mess that Wagner is now in. We got relegated without a even a whimper.

Lambert bailed before we got found out etc.

5 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

They are both examples of the stars aligning between a managers style, key players fitting that style and producing their best and a fair amount of luck.

The best managers can recreate that, some never can.

Snap 😉

6 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

He's not going to be sacked because it's very unlikely that changing the manager in isolation is going to improve our fortunes for this season and Knapper's tenure will be poisoned before he has had a chance to get his feet under the desk. In all seriousness, if people can't just get behind the team to get results and simply try to appreciate them getting results when they do then they need to stop going for the rest of the season for the squad's benefit and for their own benefit.

6 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Fcuk me it's the fans fault now!

I do wished we'd gotten behind the team more, yesterday, if I'm honest.

I don't think anybody ever thinks it's the fans fault... EVER.  But at certain times yesterday, I couldn't help but feel a tad uncomfortable stood in the away end.

Booing our own subs coming on? How much confidence does that give Fisher or Gibbs as they enter the field? I get the booing was a message to the manager, but it hardly inspires our young players coming on, does it? Calling for the manager's head as soon as the score was 2-2?! The game wasn't lost at that point.

As soon as that second Watford goal went in, the team heads dropped, the crowd heads dropped, the crowd turned, and there was an inescapable sense of doom about what was going to happen. A vortex of inevitability.

2 hours ago, Canario said:

What "moves" do you suggest?  There's no money unless we sell Rowe or Sara - two of our best performers this season.

Unless it's loans you're talking about? And I'm not entirely sure how loans build a team and a new style.

I thought they were booing Idah coming off tbh.

Maybe it was different in the ground but I thought it was inevitable the moment their first goal went in.

3 hours ago, sonyc said:

Our form in the last 10 and even 15 games is 18th!

Add to that in our last two games the second half has been virtually unwatchable dross.

• Like 1

I can't see how Knapper a young and fairly inexperienced Sporting Director can just walk in to the Club and sack the Head Coach. However Wagner has to go now and it is up to the Board, and to make it clear it is their decision. We should temporarily appoint Adams and take our time to find a replacement who should have some 3 months or so to get organised for next season. Meanwhile standards in the  Championship are so poor relegation issues should not come in to the equation.

I am very surprised how poorly Wagner has performed and it is quite frightening to see how the quality of the squad has collapsed over the past two seasons or so. His team selections are confusing, substitutes poorly used, lack of a midfield, and no sign of any clear tactics. Last night we scored two early nicely taken goals, partly as a result of poor defending. But thereafter instead of playing with some confidence and positivity we just sat back and there were several occasions when the whole of our side were just simply trying to defend in our own penalty area. Paddy Davitt described Barnes as playing in the sweeper position towards the end of the game.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Osborne17 said:

I do wished we'd gotten behind the team more, yesterday, if I'm honest.

I don't think anybody ever thinks it's the fans fault... EVER.  But at certain times yesterday, I couldn't help but feel a tad uncomfortable stood in the away end.

Booing our own subs coming on? How much confidence does that give Fisher or Gibbs as they enter the field? I get the booing was a message to the manager, but it hardly inspires our young players coming on, does it? Calling for the manager's head as soon as the score was 2-2?! The game wasn't lost at that point.

As soon as that second Watford goal went in, the team heads dropped, the crowd heads dropped, the crowd turned, and there was an inescapable sense of doom about what was going to happen. A vortex of inevitability.

Horrible isn't it. But that's the way it is and it will only get worse. Wagner is hugely unpopular but the players are always going to get it in the neck first, justifiably or not. Wagner has no medium or long term future here and I feel it's now down to the senior players to lose the dressing room on his behalf!

This manager has managed to establish the fact that any alternative, and I suppose I'm talking about a caretaker role couldn't possibly be worse for the team.

It's ok to say that with neither promotion nor relegation being realistic we might as well stick with the man, but that would involve a half season of continuously confused selection and tactics with players like Saintz and Gibbs and others not progressing as they should and with deteriorating support and an increasing bad atmosphere at games.

Pointless.

At least a temporary appointment from within the ranks or otherwise would generate some excitement.   

7 hours ago, Herman said:

It's just gone 9am. I assume there is movement at CR. 

4.30pm and nothing has happened.🤨

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

4.30pm and nothing has happened.🤨

no will there be any movement on Wagner this week  or next. I really do believe there is to much of a love in -with the board

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

We invested virtually nothing when Lambert was promoted and he secured a 12th place finish in the Premier League It wasn't just a bad season, it was our worst points tally in nearly 120 years. It was a tremendous act of loyalty to Daniel Farke not to sack him then and one the club is paying a heavy price for.

So what are you saying the club could have done better on? If it's not sacking him after that free-hit Premiership cash-grab, the club bounced back and got promoted again winning the league and breaking a record I believe, so Im not sure how the club paid the price then.

If you're suggesting we should have sacked Farke before the end of that season, well, we tried that 11 games in with Smith and that was catastrophic. And he had £60m of new players to work with, which any mid-season replacement for Farke wouldnt have had - they'd have had the same bunch of kids and 3rd tier German players Farke had.

So Im not sure how the club is paying a heavy price due to Farke? Run me through your thinking here 🤔

50 minutes ago, Mike w said:

Out now Wagner, get the tea lady in, she cannot be any worse

I will take over from Wagner, get the players in for a little chat to have an exchange of views, then tell them I was right, we do it my way by going to Mousehold to do some running up and down the hill starting at 7am the next day and everyday until they get the message that soft underbelly will have no further part to play at NCFC.

I’d just like to confirm he was not sacked this morning. Probably won’t be sacked for a while. This is Norwich we are talking about they will inevitably drag this out as long as possible to self inflict the most damage and pain on the fans. It’s called the Norwich way. 

Isn't it the AGM soon? They're probably sorting party frocks out for that and pretending there's nothing to see here with a major Attanasio **** kissing exercise.

Football and the fans has been secondary for a while now at NCFC, but we'll all be 'special fans' come season ticket renewal time.

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Isn't it the AGM soon? They're probably sorting party frocks out for that and pretending there's nothing to see here with a major Attanasio **** kissing exercise.

Football and the fans has been secondary for a while now at NCFC, but we'll all be 'special fans' come season ticket renewal time.

You've got to be incredibly dumb to hand them your money.

12 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

I agree, he needs to go. Time is up. But do you honestly think that things would improve under a new head coach? This squad is dire and even our best players are no better than average. 

I said much the same in another post and got lambasted with 12 replies telling me I was wrong.

20 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Which is approaching fast down the track.

37 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Shambolic that there's been no announcement today, Knapper Out.......

....We want Webber back?! 😉

• Haha 1