cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Hornets V Canaries*

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

Four absolutely abysmal goals defensively 

I think I might have meant the second goal. Rage and beer have clouded my recollection. Not the deflected cross, that was just unlucky. 

Edited by canarydan23

53 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

The absolute f**king state of you lot.

This forum is getting worse, not in conjunction with the form of NCFC, more with the people who actually seems to be enjoying it.

Jesus Christ.

Well, this aged about as well as our two-goal lead…

Edited by mrdi
  • Haha 2

Just now, Harry53 said:

We need Gunn back.  Long was at fault for both goals

As much as i agree he is crap , i don't think he could do much about the second goal.

Reluctant to critice a City manager, but if he cannot see what is blindingly obvious, that even the commentaters can see it aftere 0 mins then he has to go. The plan seems to be ignore any marking and try to hoof it pass Watford, and that's about it.

Onel, a one trick pony. Idah, a no trick donkey. And again I have to questiin this 'double ytraining marlarkey as yet another player 'breaks down' Hwang.

1 minute ago, unique said:

On what grounds is Hernandez getting pitch time?

360 career appearances,32 goals.One goal every 11.25 games. And he's a winger. And people love him. All thats wrong with Norwich.

Fassnacht the problem for me. He's giving no cover to Stacey, who is constantly trying to defend against two players. Also Long is a bit ... er...... When's Gunny fit??

At this juncture I should like to point out that I've always rated Hwang (see my posts if you're interested). He's one of the few players we've got with real class.

2 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

We need Gunn back.  Long was at fault for both goals

I think Long is ****, but I don't think you can blame him for both goals. A jammy deflection, in part caused by Stacey turning his back which you teach 8 year old to not do, was to blame for one.

The other, 8 year olds would have saved.

Edited by canarydan23

10 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Roeder had a brain condition to explain his PR awkwardness. Despite some of his oft quoted remarks i understand he wasn’t a bad bloke. 

That's literally the opposite of what I heard.

Just now, mannings bandy legs said:

360 career appearances,32 goals.One goal every 11.25 games. And he's a winger. And people love him. All thats wrong with Norwich.

He just annoys me now when i see him on the pitch.

For the first part of that game we out-Watford'ed Watford. We were strong, hard working, we ran more than them, we got at them and got the ball forward quickly. But then we got sloppy for one passage of play, our L1 quality Gk didn't save a simple long shot and then after that we fell to pieces again and stood off them and gave them too much respect and that allowed them to build momentum and score another easy goal.

It's baffling that such an experienced side can be so mentally fragile and lack a killer edge like we do. The club has been criticizing fans for losing faith after going a goal behind or getting too carried away after a good start but is it any wonder when the players do the exact same thing? 

1 minute ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Why do we look so bad again now? 

When did we look good?

16 minutes ago, percy varco said:

Not looking for a scapegoat. The deflection was minimal. The ball still got to its intended target

The ball would not have reached the intended target without the deflection; Batth would've intercepted that quite comfortably. The deflection took the ball on a different trajectory so it looped over Batth and right onto the striker's head.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, unique said:

On what grounds is Hernandez getting pitch time?

Because he makes TikToks, loves the club and the city and simpleton fans seem to equate it to him being a good player or some sort of "cult hero"

So much for our new defensive resolution. Didn't last long. Perhaps we are too 'attacking' tonight? 

For a team that's meant to be more 'organised' it's amazing how easily Watford get the ball into dangerous areas.