Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

There is a message to the club on this forum

We're almost unanimous about what is needed - a very rare thing for this forum. That message should be loud and clear to the club - things need to move faster.

You can't sit on this and say, it's going to take however long it takes, you have to take action now, even if it is just getting a caretaker manager in.  Many more weeks like the last few and you risk losing fans completely. You've worked so hard to build the club up and there have been some great times, but it is surely clear that action is needed now, not in a month, six months, or three years.

As I say, the single biggest message you are getting on this forum - and it is usually a hive of disaggreement and arguments - is that you have to act now.  Apathy has taken over from anger - as demonstated at the match yesterday - people need uplifting - and the present situation is having the opposite effect - and it's been going on for too long.

Something needs to be done - and as soon as possible.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

We're almost unanimous about what is needed - a very rare thing for this forum. That message should be loud and clear to the club - things need to move faster.

You can't sit on this and say, it's going to take however long it takes, you have to take action now, even if it is just getting a caretaker manager in.  Many more weeks like the last few and you risk losing fans completely. You've worked so hard to build the club up and there have been some great times, but it is surely clear that action is needed now, not in a month, six months, or three years.

As I say, the single biggest message you are getting on this forum - and it is usually a hive of disaggreement and arguments - is that you have to act now.  Apathy has taken over from anger - as demonstated at the match yesterday - people need uplifting - and the present situation is having the opposite effect - and it's been going on for too long.

Immediately if not sooner. How can the supporters be expected to "get behind the club" when the owners cannot act?

"getting behind the club" is turning up game after game. What more do they want? 

18 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Be brave Lakey and say it clearly, even you want Smith & Jones gone. 

20 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Ah, Yes Minister's 'Politician's Logic':

Something must be done.

This is something.

Therefore we must do it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Not all if you read through, there’s still some who remain content.

I'm enjoying these rants and discontent....Takes my mind off yesterdays performance....and the other poor displays.....

25 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Smith and Jones want Smith and Jones gone

They could if they did what they said they would do and give part of the club to Tom. None of us know his personality or philosophy. But I would wager it wouldn't be too much different.

I'm starting to think, Why bother ??????

Why should I care when the people being paid to care most obviously don't.

If my local bakers constantly served me horrible, mouldy bread I wouldnt go back. If the local pub served horrible bear and put on a Chas and Dave act on every night, I wouldn't go back.

Why, oh why do I put myself through this misery, if the custodians and paid staff cannot be arsed.

Edited by Wibble
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wibble said:

If my local bakers constantly served me horrible, mouldy bread I would go back. If the local pub served horrible bear and put on a Chas and Dave act on every night, I wouldn't go back.

Why, oh why do I put myself through this misery, if the custodians and paid staff cannot be arsed.

It’s why I gave up my season ticket. I’ll buy one again once I see these problems are rectified. Just not sure when that will be!

The apathy taking over from anger comment is spot on, and probably the biggest damming fact of everything. I actually think the pretty much deafening silence yesterday throughout the game is a bigger message than booing and anger. I've actually never ever known Carrow Rd like yesterday. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wibble said:

If my local bakers constantly served me horrible, mouldy bread I wouldnt go back. If the local pub served horrible bear and put on a Chas and Dave act on every night, I wouldn't go back.

Would you go if it was a nice bear?

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, S_81 said:

It’s why I gave up my season ticket. I’ll buy one again once I see these problems are rectified. Just not sure when that will be!

Careful now you'll soon be told you should have no say or opinions whatsoever about the club if you don't attend..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

14 minutes ago, Wibble said:

What’s wrong with Chas and Dave? 😂

I understand that Knapper isn't due to start yet, but whether he is still working at Arsenal or on holiday with his family, he is taking the top role in leading this club forward. He must be watching what is going on, and surely must be in some kind of contact with the board. There must be a discussion going on regarding the manger. Wagner does seem like a nice bloke, but its not working and he needs to go. Not just for the clubs Championship survival, but for his own sanity and wellbeing. Knapper needs to step forward and say this needs to change and this is the manger I would like in, or I want to be there for the recruitment process and decide who best fits the model I want to follow. Webber, needs to stay out of it. As said, even if a caretaker is put in charge ( NOT NEIL ADAMS!) for the interim. Maybe a trio of Hucks, Hoollihan and Drury can steer the ship for a bit 😂

7 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

What if Delia & MWJ are thinking what the hell have we done...

What if things are worse under MA's stewardship? Then what?

How much worse can they get? We are falling into league one as it is and have gone from no debt to nearly 80 million in debt in 3 seasons. Short of the club getting wound up under then Attanasios we can’t drop much lower than we are heading. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OTBC06 said:

I understand that Knapper isn't due to start yet, but whether he is still working at Arsenal or on holiday with his family, he is taking the top role in leading this club forward. He must be watching what is going on, and surely must be in some kind of contact with the board. There must be a discussion going on regarding the manger. Wagner does seem like a nice bloke, but its not working and he needs to go. Not just for the clubs Championship survival, but for his own sanity and wellbeing. Knapper needs to step forward and say this needs to change and this is the manger I would like in, or I want to be there for the recruitment process and decide who best fits the model I want to follow. Webber, needs to stay out of it. As said, even if a caretaker is put in charge ( NOT NEIL ADAMS!) for the interim. Maybe a trio of Hucks, Hoollihan and Drury can steer the ship for a bit 😂

I warned of the appointment of Knapper as taking on someone who has no previous experience in the role he is being hired to do. It’s a lot to ask someone who has never done the role before to hit the ground running and change a culture at a club. Recruitment is always a gamble in any form of business, I hire people to work in my team and maybe 1 in 20 stick it out for whatever reason. It’s hard to find good people these days and I don’t think Knapper is going to be the saviour we may think he is. I will however wish him the best of luck and give him every opportunity to succeed. 

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Careful now you'll soon be told you should have no say or opinions whatsoever about the club if you don't attend..

I’m sure BigFish will be along soon to tell me. Even occasional attendance rules out opinion 

15 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

The apathy taking over from anger comment is spot on, and probably the biggest damming fact of everything. I actually think the pretty much deafening silence yesterday throughout the game is a bigger message than booing and anger. I've actually never ever known Carrow Rd like yesterday. 

I agree wholly with this, the silence had an almost palpable power to it. 

They can ignore the noise all they want, but they can’t ignore the silence. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

What if Delia & MWJ are thinking what the hell have we done...

What if things are worse under MA's stewardship? Then what?

We won't know if we don't try.

8 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I warned of the appointment of Knapper as taking on someone who has no previous experience in the role he is being hired to do. It’s a lot to ask someone who has never done the role before to hit the ground running and change a culture at a club. Recruitment is always a gamble in any form of business, I hire people to work in my team and maybe 1 in 20 stick it out for whatever reason. It’s hard to find good people these days and I don’t think Knapper is going to be the saviour we may think he is. I will however wish him the best of luck and give him every opportunity to succeed. 

It's certainly a massive risk to be taking at a very dangerous time. I'm not too sure from what I've read what his previous experience is, which is relevant to the crucial role he's about to be asked to perform?

I've followed and supported this club for well over 50 years - since the Ron Saunders era - most of these years as a season ticket holder.

I really don't know what to say or expect anymore, it's like the apathy has set in and everyone doesn't expect things to change (for the better) anymore.

It's really sad, I left the game yesterday thinking that I can't renew my season ticket again next season as it's too painful (and expensive) for what we're being served up with.

I'm passionate about this club and always have been but that passion is dying with every dross performance and season that passes by.

I know we're not entitled to a good performance or result every week but believe that us NCFC supporters deserve so much better than the last few years have delivered.

Please Delia, Michael, Mark, Stuart (if you're still here), Neil, Zoe and anyone else with the ability to effect change - do it now before it's too late - Delia and Michael, if you really love this club then do the right thing for the future of it and pass it on to others that can make the necessary changes.

If not, there will be plenty of other loyal, longstanding supporters that won't be hanging around for more of this! 

• Like 1

Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones are without doubt the worst people ever. Another hour has gone by and nothing done.

Surely Attanasio must be thinking of walking away if he's going to be encumbered by these old duffers till 2026.