Ulfotto

Weirdest Match Ever

Can anyone remember a more surreal match than todays. The only comparison is the Colchester 7-1.

In the first half it seemed if we didn’t win the ball high up the pitch they scored.

The crowd were kinda silent on the tv only a few sporadic chants of a Wagner out.

Hwang seemed to be playing anywhere but in the box.

So we were 0-3 down at Home against 10 men and a striker is not brought on. 

The whole thing was totally surreal and just really odd and jarring.

...we've seen games like this before many times when a manager has come to the end and the players have stopped playing for him

Worthington very famously, Hughton

Only have to think back to Blackburn home last season with Dean Smith

Today should never have happened as the board should have relieved Wagner before it got to this, today is on them

This was nothing like Dean Smith end game or Worthy’s. Anger was palpable from the stands then this was just weird.

Some say the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. That basically sums up Wagner tactics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's almost like the majority of supporters have lost faith with The Board and the appalling way that the club is (not) being led.

Edited by TheRock

2 minutes ago, TheRock said:

It's almost like the majority of supporters have lost faith with The Board and the appalling way that the club is (not) being led.

I think that’s exactly where we’re which is why nothing will change this time until there is “real” change. They’ve run out of lives and another new head coach won’t save them.

The 2nd half was definitely weird and I think the fans just sat in silence most of it. There was a brief moment or two of support when Placheta made some effort and decent crosses to the Invisible Striker formerly known as Adam Idah. Sarcasm towards the end though, jeers when we scored and some full on hate at the players as they walked gingerly around the pitch after the final whistle.

Some will be making 'get me out of here' calls to their agents. Good. There's very few I want here either.

From my perspective, and Paddy also referenced this in his column, the reaction was actually in some ways far worse than for Smith, Worthy, et al.  The reaction from the crowd was that they understood we are complete and utter sh*te at the moment and no matter who is in charge we are in the fight of our lives for the rest of the season to avoid relegation  Previously the anger was that the manager should be getting so much more out of the squad but the realisation today was that we have an abysmal squad of weaklings and talentless overpaid types with a few limited exceptions

• Like 1

It’s death by a thousand cuts syndrome. Lots of Norwich fans are so scared of change, even when the evidence that change is needed couldn’t be clearer. 

Game I feel the fans lost hope. It's just not results, but the whole club feels like it is slipping out of control. Timescales on important decisions is critical. Ownership, directors and coaches, all need to look at themselves. Players need to step up and grow a pair. No leadership on and off field. It's becoming too much for fans. There are multiple issues with Norwich City at the moment. We will have good times again. But big decisions will decide how long it will take. If the current majority shareholders really love this club as I believe they do, they need to pull the trigger on many fronts. 

It speaks to the limbo we're in. We know the SD is going so no point calling for his head. We know the manager likely won't be here but much longer but we also know it'll be the new SD appointing him so no point turning on him too much. 

So, as a fanbase, apathy is ruling emotion. Knappet has a lot on his hands and bringing some excitment back is the first thing.

• Like 2

Apathy. There isn’t enough feeling to manifest itself as anger and that should be a real worry to Attanasio because if the consumer base for the product he’s just bought partial ownership of no longer cares then his investment will take a swift nose dive.

This situation is the result of the self-funding model being shown up as a ruse to try and pull the wool over supporters eyes, the “top 26” goal being laughably presented as “ambitious” only to fail to reach that bare minimum standard and the tired and responsibility-abdicating ownership having put too much faith into a man with no love for the club or its fans.

This won’t end at Wagner. The club is rotten up to the top table and a full overhaul is needed. The board can forget any ideas of a timed and lengthy handover process now, that idea is dead in the water. Change is the only solution.

1 minute ago, king canary said:

It speaks to the limbo we're in. We know the SD is going so no point calling for his head. We know the manager likely won't be here but much longer but we also know it'll be the new SD appointing him so no point turning on him too much. 

So, as a fanbase, apathy is ruling emotion. Knappet has a lot on his hands and bringing some excitment back is the first thing.

We’re a basket case of a club right now. It’s that bad it’s slightly funny. 

1 minute ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Apathy. There isn’t enough feeling to manifest itself as anger and that should be a real worry to Attanasio because if the consumer base for the product he’s just bought partial ownership of no longer cares then his investment will take a swift nose dive.

This situation is the result of the self-funding model being shown up as a ruse to try and pull the wool over supporters eyes, the “top 26” goal being laughably presented as “ambitious” only to fail to reach that bare minimum standard and the tired and responsibility-abdicating ownership having put too much faith into a man with no love for the club or its fans.

This won’t end at Wagner. The club is rotten up to the top table and a full overhaul is needed. The board can forget any ideas of a timed and lengthy handover process now, that idea is dead in the water. Change is the only solution.

Bravo, absolutely nailing it there. 

• Like 1

Somebody just needs to do something please god! It’s just so unbelieving frustrating. Why aren’t the Americans stepping in if the Stowmarket 2 and the incompetent, overpaid, frauds they appear to have handed compete control of our club to won’t act?

1 hour ago, Ulfotto said:

Can anyone remember a more surreal match than todays. The only comparison is the Colchester 7-1.

In the first half it seemed if we didn’t win the ball high up the pitch they scored.

The crowd were kinda silent on the tv only a few sporadic chants of a Wagner out.

Hwang seemed to be playing anywhere but in the box.

So we were 0-3 down at Home against 10 men and a striker is not brought on. 

The whole thing was totally surreal and just really odd and jarring.

For all the talk we didn't start like we meant it. We didn't even start slowly because that would have been an improvement. I think that's the worst start I've seen from us at Carrow Road since 2009. 

You can't see the manager coming back from this. I don't think we can let it carry on until Knapper is in situ. I'd act now and appoint a caretaker. 

Strange, weird, surreal afternoon. I cannot remember 20,000 people being so disinterested in the game in front of them. It was as if it was all expected . Giving away cheap goals, the game over after 15 minutes 2 nil down at home and players simply walking about the pitch with no commitment or competence. It was all expected. Even when they had a man sent off, against 10 men, Norwich had no intent , no challenge . I’m not bothering to turn up again until a lot changes with the Club and the squad.

I generally like to avoid the term "Happy Clapper" but I was frankly disgusted by the perhaps 100 people who applauded the players at the end of the game.
Id understand if they had been families or young children but this was adults.... seriously... WTF?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

Strange, weird, surreal afternoon. I cannot remember 20,000 people being so disinterested in the game in front of them. It was as if it was all expected . Giving away cheap goals, the game over after 15 minutes 2 nil down at home and players simply walking about the pitch with no commitment or competence. It was all expected. Even when they had a man sent off, against 10 men, Norwich had no intent , no challenge . I’m not bothering to turn up again until a lot changes with the Club and the squad.

Everyone at board level is guilty of neglegence by allowing that to play out today

Wagner should never have been allowed to be put thrugh that as he should have been relieved last week.....whilst that coward Webber wasnt even at the ground

I didn't go, thankfully, and at one point the commentator on Sky referred to our squad as "chocolate" (as in teapot) and he can't be more right. 

5 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Everyone at board level is guilty of neglegence by allowing that to play out today

Wagner should never have been allowed to be put thrugh that as he should have been relieved last week.....whilst that coward Webber wasnt even at the ground

As many people have said.. in this situation or any other business Webber would be on gardening leave.
He continues to arrogantly peacock around , I do wonder if his behavior will make him unemployable. A decent employer will take one look and not want to employ him due to his unprofessionalism. It might be different if he had made a success of it. But here we are same predicament we were at when he joined, hes just taken us in a giant circle.

17 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I'm not bothering to turn up til at least the QPR game...

Yeah I'm gonna have like 20 days away from Carrow Road in protest.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheRock said:

What's ironic is that this is the first time I've really truly believed that we have a genuinely hopeless manager who is incapable of getting anything remotely approaching the best out of this squad, has us on a course for league one, but now everybody has given up on talking about the manager, the guy who prepares the players for the games week after week, and are more interested in the board just when we're in the process of massive changes on that score.

Surreal is definitely the word. Board changes can't save this season. Management change might. I do think the existing board need to make some decisions on the manager and very fast.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

We are beyond the looking glass now at Carrow road and as a fanbase in general I’d say.

Agreed. The level of desensitization towards apathetic action has subdued the fans into blind acceptance. Lethargy is the main driver for most.

Good managers have come and gone. Great players have come and gone. But nothing has really changed. The way this club has been run is abusive to the fans emotional commitment.

The word for me that best describes NCFC is  ‘squandered’.