KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread- SunderlandvNorwich****

This season feels like it hinges on Forshaw stepping up, being that screen in front of the back 4, doing well and staying injury free.

The center back pairing are being made to look far worse than they are by constantly having players running through on them.  If there is better protection, I think some of the mistakes will start to be removed.

Massive game for him, has to be disciplined, sit and cut out a lot of danger before it gets to Duffy/Gibson.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

Feels a touch harsh on Stacey and Idah but we wanted changes. Good to see that extra body I'm midfield. Maybe Hwang can show us something today.

Agreed about Stacey. His final ball was poor in the last game and it was a bad day at the office for him in general, but he doesn't warrant dropping due to the fact that he has been one of the few success stories this season. 

Positive is Fisher's inclusion. This lad is good and the future.

As for Idah's omission , what a poor choice up front we now have when he's dropped for Hwang.

Can'r the manager come up with any alternative to these two, he's often talked up others after all.

Fisher did well against Willian, now needs the same against Clarke.

Fassnacht a bit fortunate to get the nod, hopefully much better than when he comes off the bench.

Forshaw needs to do much better as well.

Hopefully we can get something out of this other than a kick in the gonads.      

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Happy to see Fassnacht back in. Never outstanding, but helps with structure.

Hopefully helps create for Hwang - so we can have a proper assessment of the guy. 

Plus a sustained run in that 10 role for Sara can only be good news.  Getting him closer to Hwang should help him as well.  Need Sara, Rowe and Fass to be vocal with Hwang in telling him where he needs to be if he's not making the right runs as well.

Just now, BroadstairsR said:

Agreed about Stacey. His final ball was poor in the last game and it was a bad day at the office for him in general, but he doesn't warrant dropping due to the fact that he has been one of the few success stories this season. 

Positive is Fisher's inclusion. This lad is good and the future.

As for Idah's omission , what a poor choice up front we now have when he's dropped for Hwang.

Can'r the manager come up with any alternative to these two, he's often talked up others after all.

I know its probably clutching at straws but I really dont know why we cant give that City lad we got on loan a try, surely he cant be any worse.. can he?

From his substitute appearances, I've yet to be convinced Forshaw is a competent defensive midfielder.

Would happily be proved wrong today.

• Like 1

Just now, Spillay said:

I know its probably clutching at straws but I really dont know why we cant give that City lad we got on loan a try, surely he cant be any worse.. can he?

I guess he hasn't shown enough in training yet.  Senior football is a huge jump.  I'm sure a couple of the you get lads will be in first team training due to the lack of fit strikers, so Wagner should be well aware of where they are at.

16 minutes ago, king canary said:

Feels a touch harsh on Stacey and Idah but we wanted changes. Good to see that extra body I'm midfield. Maybe Hwang can show us something today.

Both Div 1 at best 

Edited by daly

3 minutes ago, Spillay said:

He doesn't even get on the U23s. Usually on the bench.

We have Kamara and Dickson-Peters out on loan, who are probably ahead of him as well.

I suppose the boy Sianz will get 4 or 5 minutes when the game is long gone. Totally ridiculous to keep this guy on the bench!  If he is still 'carrying' that injury he shouldn't  be anywhere near the bench anyway!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

He doesn't even get on the U23s. Usually on the bench.

We have Kamara and Dickson-Peters out on loan, who are probably ahead of him as well.

Fair one, I had no idea the state of play with him, he was highly touted by Citeh fans though when I read their forums at the time of the signing, probably turned ****e as soon he got here..the Nodge effect.

Dropping Stacey is a strange one, unless he had a knock or something. Any issues recently haven't been down to him. 

Will be interesting to see if we keep the same formation or if this is more of a 433. Whatever it is, it kind of feels like it has to work for Wagner's sake and ours. 

So the only undroppables it seems are the two centre backs? Can’t imagine how Batth must feel, wouldn’t surprise me if he’s banging on Knappers door in January to leave as he doesn’t get a look in, he would be well up for it today against his old club but no, Coco the Clown sticks with the two he’s had every game! He really is a strange manager 

• Like 2

Hwang idah choice really is the toss of a coin. 

Pleased for Fisher who is our future, and harsh on nunez who could have done more but did look like he had a goal in him on tues

If there is a tactical change to 433 to put three in front of the cbs then this could work but if it leave forshaw kenny deep then plus ca effing change

But how many mistakes do this cb pairing need before one is rested?

Ps, I do hope this ages badly!

Edited by ZLF
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Batth on the bench watching them making countless errors and mistakes staring at Wagner like

y8umtpe09b271.jpg

Gibson and to a lesser extent Duffy haven't been our problem this season. It doesn't surprise me coming from you mind 

Just now, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

Goodness me that looks a weak lower-middle championship side at best.

Parma 

Is there an element of managerial-speak ‘just look at what I’m working with here’ about that side?

Parma

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Gibson and to a lesser extent Duffy haven't been our problem this season. It doesn't surprise me coming from you mind 

Nah, they've both been great and have kept countless clean sheets happy to the clappy and all that

• Like 1

Hwang and Fassnacht and/or Rowe interchanging as a mobile pair up front putting pressure on the defenders, easing the pressure on our midfield and easing the pressure on our defence. Might work. Nothing else has recently.

Edited by PurpleCanary

1 minute ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

Is there an element of managerial-speak ‘just look at what I’m working with here’ about that side?

Parma

If I didn’t know better I’d think that the word is out on the grapevine that Knapper will bring in his own man. 

Parma 

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

You're joking, surely?

There's a mistake waiting to happen for both Duffy and Gibson! 

• Like 2

Looking at todays fixtures and the table there is possibility we could end up 20th this weekend.  Unlikely I agree but clubs below us have a sqeak of equalling our points total.  Some with worse goal diffs.  But predicting a 17th place made earlier when safely in 7th looks like a Nostradumus like prediction.  Those who ridiculed the idea look a little foolish.

So if duffy and Gibson haven't been the problem and nor are sara or kenny, why do we have a central chasm like a chocolate tea pot at boiling point?    At least one of them has been poor in key parts of their role to play like that 🤷

Edited by ZLF
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZLF said:

So if duffy and Gibson haven't been the problem and nor are sara or kenny, why do we have a centre chasm like a chocolate tea pot at boiling point?    At least one of the has been poor in key parts of their role to play like that 🤷

The trouble with players like Sara is that fans only focus on what he can, not what he doesn’t do. 

Parma 

• Like 2