GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Both Wagner and Webber should leave tonight

The former is only here because of the latter

Its at best unhealthy and at worst a disgrace that Webber is still hanging around here.

Neither's perfomance can justify them continuing to work at this club

Theyre a poison. Get the new Sporting Director in and a clean slate now!!!

• Like 7

They both need to go now, take Delia and MWJ too, let’s start getting with the times and adapt to modern day football

Edited by Dr Greenthumb
  • Like 1

Unfortunately our board is as soft a touch as our midfield. 

It's not working. No signs from Wagner of trying anything new. Why not try a back 3? Just change name into the same flawed system. 

You cannot get out-of the champs without a strong spine. In theory our CBs should be strong, as should our CFs, so the gaping massive fekking gap may just be the centre of the park.... something every man and his dog have been saying for years. 

2 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

They both need to go now, take Deli and MWJ too, let’s start getting with the times and adapt to modern day football

Delia and Michael are the sole cause of the club’s issues! How that seems to go under the radar for the majority of the fan base continues to baffle me!

• Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Cliff the Canary said:

Delia and Michael are the sole cause of the club’s issues! How that seems to go under the radar for the majority of the fan base continues to baffle me!

Yellow and green tinted glasses are the reason

We're in a bit of a Catch-22 here. Knapper doesn't start his job with us until November 27. If we were to lose both Webber and Wagner, who appoints the new manager? Or do we just drift along with Neil Adams and Steve Weaver doing both jobs between them until Knapper gets his feet under the table?

Get rid of just Wagner, and we're entrusting Webber with another managerial appointment, which is probably more fallacious than sticking with Wagner. Get rid of just Webber (although that's not going to happen anyway unless he walks and we stick him on gardening leave or whatever), and we'll still be watching the same directionless dross on the pitch.

Christ knows we need a refresh, but I think we need to ride this one out until December. I just hope that we can scrape together enough points between now and then to keep us mid-table. Whatever happens from here, Webber has royally screwed any legacy he might have; we're in a worse league position than when he arrived, with a squad that's light on talent and high on 'experience', accumulating debt and about to have the strings snipped on our parachute payments.

It doesn't look as if the 'takeover', if we can call it that, is likely to generate the club a great deal of capital any time soon; our best bet is to appoint a progressive young manager, put our faith back in the youth academy, and ask ourselves why the hell we signed five players aged 31 or over this summer.

As our dear friend @ricardo always says, football is cyclical. Sadly it looks as if we're very much on a downward trajectory, while that lot up the road have found their 2010-era Lambert to drag them up the divisions kicking and screaming. It's a thoroughly depressing time to be a Norwich fan.

1 minute ago, Soldier on said:

Spanish coach got offered jobs this summer just let him be caretaker until knapper comes in and chooses his man ?

Ah yeah to be fair, that's not a bad shout... Narcis Pelach.

Can't see Webber pulling the trigger though, Wagner's his appointment and his mate. 

Why is Knapper not joining til end of November anyway? I cannot believe Arsenal are making a guy in the role he was in work his notice when he’s been offered such a big step up and if they were we should have just paid them off. I now read that Webber is still going to be around for a period after he joined a so that presumably means til the end of the year. We cannot wait til then for action to be taken.

it feels to me like these timings have all been arranged to allow Stuart to work out his full notice period. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Can't see Webber pulling the trigger though, Wagner's his appointment and his mate. 

The Webbers of this world don't have mates. They have people they use to further their own ambitions and then discard when necessary to cover their own a*se.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Cliff the Canary said:

Now how many years have I been saying this for!!

10 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Why is Knapper not joining til end of November anyway? I cannot believe Arsenal are making a guy in the role he was in work his notice when he’s been offered such a big step up and if they were we should have just paid them off. I now read that Webber is still going to be around for a period after he joined a so that presumably means til the end of the year. We cannot wait til then for action to be taken.

it feels to me like these timings have all been arranged to allow Stuart to work out his full notice period. 

Yep. The departure is on his terms. The owners treat him like a deity.  Let’s see how many clubs are queuing up to treat him in the same manner 

33 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

We're in a bit of a Catch-22 here. Knapper doesn't start his job with us until November 27. If we were to lose both Webber and Wagner, who appoints the new manager? Or do we just drift along with Neil Adams and Steve Weaver doing both jobs between them until Knapper gets his feet under the table?

Get rid of just Wagner, and we're entrusting Webber with another managerial appointment, which is probably more fallacious than sticking with Wagner. Get rid of just Webber (although that's not going to happen anyway unless he walks and we stick him on gardening leave or whatever), and we'll still be watching the same directionless dross on the pitch.

Christ knows we need a refresh, but I think we need to ride this one out until December. I just hope that we can scrape together enough points between now and then to keep us mid-table. Whatever happens from here, Webber has royally screwed any legacy he might have; we're in a worse league position than when he arrived, with a squad that's light on talent and high on 'experience', accumulating debt and about to have the strings snipped on our parachute payments.

It doesn't look as if the 'takeover', if we can call it that, is likely to generate the club a great deal of capital any time soon; our best bet is to appoint a progressive young manager, put our faith back in the youth academy, and ask ourselves why the hell we signed five players aged 31 or over this summer.

As our dear friend @ricardo always says, football is cyclical. Sadly it looks as if we're very much on a downward trajectory, while that lot up the road have found their 2010-era Lambert to drag them up the divisions kicking and screaming. It's a thoroughly depressing time to be a Norwich fan.

This, in a nutshell.

We're in a state of limbo and can't really act on it in the short-term. It feels eerily similar to this time last year, with performances, results and faith in the manager all at almost identical levels. This time, however, we don't have a World Cup break to give us a reprieve, so we have to hope that Wagner takes advantage of the fact that he knows he we have to leave him in charge for the time being. 

Nick Ma****er lays into Webber on twitter.- says he should have gone 2 yes ago but has stayed and turned the place toxic- points to a massive brain drain with lots of staff leaving (for Portman road take note) and a rotten culture behind the scenes. He should indeed go now- now and take his mate with him. Overstayed his welcome and left the club worse than when he inherited it- even if there were good times too. 

8 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

This, in a nutshell.

We're in a state of limbo and can't really act on it in the short-term. It feels eerily similar to this time last year, with performances, results and faith in the manager all at almost identical levels. This time, however, we don't have a World Cup break to give us a reprieve, so we have to hope that Wagner takes advantage of the fact that he knows he we have to leave him in charge for the time being. 

But why. Why has this limbo been allowed? It all comes back to the lack of oversight of what that couple running our club (not the one owning it) have been doing. It seems everything is on their terms. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I think the timing is perfect for this.

Webber could actually do something decent again and take the decision to sack Wagner and admit to his mistake and take the flak for it,

Pelach can then have until December as caretaker, if he’s brilliant and turns it around he gets the job. 
if not, the new sporting director gets to appoint his own man with the January window ahead.

• Like 2

I agree. I think it beggars belief that the board has allowed Webber to dictate to them the terms under which he leaves, the moment he made it known that he wants to leave the board should have made it very clear to him that they would tell him when he was leaving. Wagner has not got a clue, Webber has far too much influence and power for somebody that is leaving..........

39 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

But why. Why has this limbo been allowed? It all comes back to the lack of oversight of what that couple running our club (not the one owning it) have been doing. It seems everything is on their terms. 

It does seem peculiar that a Sporting Director has been allowed to stay working in the role on a notice period for such a long time, and with the replacement not coming in for what, eight months or so after the notice was given?

I cannot think of any other examples where this has happened in a similar role at another club. Usually they'd be paid off to leave early or go on gardening leave, I believe.

I suppose the hierarchy thought that we were stable enough to ride it out, but clearly things have worsened on the pitch pretty sharply over the last six to eight weeks so we're now just clock-watching until Knapper comes in, and the job is getting bigger and bigger all the time.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

It does seem peculiar that a Sporting Director has been allowed to stay working in the role on a notice period for such a long time, and with the replacement not coming in for what, eight months or so after the notice was given?

I cannot think of any other examples where this has happened in a similar role at another club. Usually they'd be paid off to leave early or go on gardening leave, I believe.

I suppose the hierarchy thought that we were stable enough to ride it out, but clearly things have worsened on the pitch pretty sharply over the last six to eight weeks so we're now just clock-watching until Knapper comes in, and the job is getting bigger and bigger all the time.

The limbo is one thing, allowing this outgoing SD and manager to do a lot of transfer business which comprises mostly of 30+ players (hardly a sign of long term planning) is another.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, repman said:

The limbo is one thing, allowing this outgoing SD and manager to do a lot of transfer business which comprises mostly of 30+ players (hardly a sign of long term planning) is another.

Like I said, it was peculiar and highly unusual. 

However, we did all agree at the start of the summer that we needed more experience and leadership, and we were generally pleased with the business in August, even though it did seem a little short-sighted. But it isn't working and Webber is leaving us in a worse position than he found us in on the pitch.

5 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Like I said, it was peculiar and highly unusual. 

However, we did all agree at the start of the summer that we needed more experience and leadership, and we were generally pleased with the business in August, even though it did seem a little short-sighted. But it isn't working and Webber is leaving us in a worse position than he found us in on the pitch.

Yeah I didn't disagree about the experience point but I think after the first 2/3 it got a bit silly. I think Forshaw, Fassnacht, Hwang and Batth could have been filled by younger players instead - at least that would give us something to dream on.

My main problem with it is that it's clear the usual criteria were thrown out during the window, it might sound cynical but I find it funny how any long term planning went out the window once Webber knew he wasn't going to be at the club much longer. 

Edited by repman