cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Canaries V Smoggies*

Thought we started brightly and the completely faded (but like season as a whole)

Middlesborough growing into it and goal looking more inevitable 

6 minutes ago, Wibble said:

How far backwards we have come, this is bloody awful.

Sara needs a team building round him and to play right behind the striker. I would try Rowe upfront, back three, wingbacks.

Try anything, try something ....

I think I named that team on another thread. Wagner will not change this back four.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Petriix said:

The first 20 minutes were really good: excellent pressing, decent movement and actually sound defensive positioning. As soon as we faced some threat we've retreated deep into our own half and look devoid of ideas. I'd say we're looking at hitting them on the break but we lack ability up front so keep losing the ball. If only we had some quality on the bench... 

Disagree. We may well have kept the ball better for the first 10-15 minutes but we created b***** all. Our 3 forwards (?) are absolutely useless. 

3 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Sat at the game, getting colder by the minute. Utter rubbish on the pitch and now I have to put up with the cross bar challenge. Heading to the bar for a drink and to warm up. May not return. 

The cross bar challenge is embarrassing isn’t it 😂 

Stats are Boro 11shots 5 on target Norwich 4 1 on target.  Just pointing it out pretty one sided.

2 minutes ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

Well that was uninspiring, Boro looked slightly less sh&t than us. It’s certainly not the beautiful game.

11 shots - 5 on target. Would love it if it was the other way round, so wouldn't say they are ****.

11 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

I'm going to suggest that the actual professionals that make the team selection decisions and worl with all the players week in, week out probably know a bit more than some bell on the pinkun. 

Radical, I know.

The only bell round here is you - for continuously being satisfied with this dross, Gibson included. 

• Thanks 1

A striker is only as good as the service he gets…. With no creativity, it’s hard to blame the forward.   

No creativity going forward, no cover defensively… how good is this midfield?   Abysmal.

What's the half time entertainment like? Are they beheading kittens for some light relief? 

• Haha 1

Just now, Fuzzar said:

What's the half time entertainment like? Are they beheading kittens for some light relief? 

About to paint the lines again so the crowd can watch it dry second half 

Just now, ged in the onion bag said:

A striker is only as good as the service he gets…. With no creativity, it’s hard to blame the forward.   

No creativity going forward, no cover defensively… how good is this midfield?   Abysmal.

When he gets the ball he runs forward then turns around - he’s got absolutely nothing in his locker to beat defenders, ever seen him do a step over? I haven’t. 

• Like 2

Just now, ged in the onion bag said:

I have it on good authority than he is likely to score a hattrick in the second half.

• Haha 1

What an awful game, littered with mistakes by both sides. Fifth and sixth place look up for grabs for any team who is even half decent judging by this.

Have any of our players had a decent half? Stacey has worked hard but produced nothing, Hernandez has been really poor and wasteful, even Sara has looked pretty poor, Idah just doesn't know how to play that lone striker role, I think the attacks on Gibson are often unjustified but tonight he has deserved them big time, Dimi and Duffy have been OK so far I think but I don't want to jinx them.

Boro have looked almost as poor as us, but I think they've realised we're there for the taking. It's not looking hopeful.

Edited by canarybubbles

2 minutes ago, JamieNorfolk said:

The cross bar challenge is embarrassing isn’t it 😂 

I suppose that it is slightly better than the Tampa challenge though... 

Damn. The teams are returning, so I have to watch the 2nd half. 

Just now, Conrad said:

I suppose that it is slightly better than the Tampa challenge though... 

Damn. The teams are returning, so I have to watch the 2nd half. 

Sorry about that. 

9 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Yep, I do. Remains more solid at back and offers more going forward. By the end Aarons spent most of game wandering around in a daze

Wow. I do wonder if some people are watching a different game.