Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Ips**ch vs Norwich...Sat 16th Dec

....not particularly a day I'm looking forward to, however this fixture is still listed as scheduled at 3pm on Saturday 16th?

Even if Sky haven't chosen their games that far ahead, I'm fairly sure in seasons gone by the clubs/police would have announced that this would be moved to Sunday noon by now?

Has it been moved and I've missed this...or if Sky dont pick this , could it actually be played on a 3pm on a Saturday???

I can't see anything otherthan a Sunday noon kick-off, although it hasn't been moved yet. Still over 2 months away.

It's a forgone conclusion though, Ipswich have already won the league and qualified for Champions League next season according to some of their fans.

Just to add it looks as though there are train strikes schedulled for both dates, so that will help with fan segregation.

Edited by Capt. Pants
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

You must be one Sad Fücker to come on a rivals forum , bin boy. Are you having a pot noodle later? 

Think you've read his post wrong 

5 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I can't see anything otherthan a Sunday noon kick-off, although it hasn't been moved yet. Still over 2 months away.

It's a forgone conclusion though, Ipswich have already won the league and qualified for Champions League next season according to some of their fans.

Just to add it looks as though there are train strikes schedulled for both dates, so that will help with fan segregation.

There are no train strikes announced that far ahead at all. This is simply not true.

Ed Sheeran is completely bald....and his ginga hair is actually attached to the inside of his baseball cap....FACT!....

Now, what was this thread about again?....

19 hours ago, For the future said:

I just hope Norwich beat Ipswich with a high score  otbc

Hope you right but can’t see it

18 hours ago, duke63 said:

It’s two months away. A lot can change in that time. 

I so hope you are right, but I'm not holding my breath.

I was looking forward to the Barnes/Sargent combination this season - especially against Ipswich. Even if Barnes returns by then, he needs someone alongside with more determination to score than Idah & Hwang. 

I expect the game will be moved to Sunday to avoid excess pre-match alcohol consumption.

5 minutes ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

I was looking forward to the Barnes/Sargent combination this season - especially against Ipswich. Even if Barnes returns by then, he needs someone alongside with more determination to score than Idah & Hwang. 

I expect the game will be moved to Sunday to avoid excess pre-match alcohol consumption.

Make it the late match at 8pm on the Saturday. What an atmosphere there’d be with extra drinking time. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sooty57 said:

I so hope you are right, but I'm not holding my breath.

For one thing someone might have poached McKenna if they keep winning. 

Well I’ve been given a warning by the pinkun for “inappropriate language” presumably after being reported by , I assume , a Binner .

You won’t have to worry about me anymore Pinkun. I’ll be off and deleting my account. 

3 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Well I’ve been given a warning by the pinkun for “inappropriate language” presumably after being reported by , I assume , a Binner .

You won’t have to worry about me anymore Pinkun. I’ll be off and deleting my account. 

I've been reported loads over the years. Unless it was over a specific poster I have never known who did it. More likely to be a busy body serial reporter than a visiting binner. 

Stick around Beardo.

23 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I like reading your stuff, if you’ve been reported it should be for writing good posts. 

*bump*

Still nothing official about this date which odd sitting here exactly 2 months from the game

Fairly sure in years gone by had this fixture been in the first 2 months of the season ,it wouldve been announced around the start of the season?

Plenty of time yet as tickets don't go on sale for just over another month and Sky have not announced their December schedule.

3 hours ago, yellow 63 said:

If Sky wanted to show the game at a peak/risk time, teatime or night,do the police get the final say ?

I would have thought that if the police couldn't provide adequate resources to cover the match then that would be a deciding factor.

I'm not sure the match is of huge interest outside of Norfolk and Suffolk anyway. I mean I can't remember the last time I made the effort to watch Manchester, Liverpool or Glasgow derbies.

4 hours ago, yellow 63 said:

If Sky wanted to show the game at a peak/risk time, teatime or night,do the police get the final say ?

I would have thought the police would have had first say by moving it it say 12.00pm Sunday , then if Sky want it the k/o then gets tweaked from there by half an hour or so?

I'm remember going down to that dump many years ago for an 11.15 am k/o !....as Sky wanted to shoehorn it in ahead of another game at 1.30pm.

The 5-1 game at their place was a Thursday night I believe, I was out for a mates birthday in London in some underground bar with no signal and every time I popped outside to see what was happening we'd scored again.

But like others have said, in previous seasons the matches have moved to Sunday at noon often before the first game of the season.  We should know if picked by Sky no later than Friday 10th November.

2400x1350-skysports-dates-v1 (1).jpeg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Year of the tiger said:

Slight problem to rearranging this as the following week is League Cup 5th round which the Binners could be in.

No problem, play Sunday then Wednesday