Positive_Canary

McKenna to Rangers?

Just read that Beale has been sacked by Rangers and it made me wonder if a young manager who appears to have the Midas Touch might be at least considered to replace him. Now that would be funny. 

"But but he would never leave us were are like the biggest club in England and are he's taking us up to the top flight and soon to champions leauge glory!"

I can hear them already

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

"But but he would never leave us were are like the biggest club in England and are he's taking us up to the top flight and soon to champions leauge glory!"

I can hear them already

And they'd be right, he won't leave them for Rangers.

Kevin Muscat amongst the genuine frontrunners.

Don't see it myself just yet, but if he gets them to the play-offs with the existing squad but they don't get promoted, he has to be a target for the likes of Everton or even someone like Chelsea, if they continue to struggle. 

He's got a shot at managing in the Premier League, he isn't ditching that to manage to second best team in a poor league unfortunately. 

I agree, but I think 'a shot' in the singular will be the way he views it. Failure to gain promotion if they reach the play-offs would still render him hot property, given how long they languished in League One before he arrived. 

As fun as that would be I don't think so. He's got a good thing going at Towen and if it came to that they'd give him a nice new deal to keep him I'm sure.

As things stand, going to Rangers would be a drop in standard. 

Please don't read this as a compliment to our neighbours 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

Kevin Muscat? No one deserves that surely. He shouldn't even be allowed back in the county. Nasty piece of work.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

Kevin Muscat? No one deserves that surely. He shouldn't even be allowed back in the county. Nasty piece of work.

I thought he was in Deputy Dawg? 

He is not going to give up trying to be a prem manager for rangers playing second string to celtic.

Beale will be back in the Championship before not too long. And likely will be a success where he goes next. A good manager, despite his stint up at Rangers 

I fear it will have to be a very big opportunity and project to get McKenna interested.

A two team league isn't that.

18 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

He's already being tipped to replace Woy so he won't go anywhere quite yet 

Could see that. Palace are potentially a 'Brighton' in the making. Hodgson has had some health issues lately and only agreed to caretaker them when he pulled rabbits out of hats to save them. It would be a great move for McKenna if he genuinely wants to pit his wits against the best.

4 hours ago, king canary said:

He's got a shot at managing in the Premier League, he isn't ditching that to manage to second best team in a poor league unfortunately. 

Not really as his team are not in the Premier League. I reckon he’d turn down Rangers if asked but would happily waltz of to someone like Everton.

3 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Not really as his team are not in the Premier League. I reckon he’d turn down Rangers if asked but would happily waltz of to someone like Everton.

Palace or Everton would be good projects for him.

28 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Who cares?

Ipsh1t supporters. And I imagine I’m like most Norwich supporters in that anything that upsets them delights us.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

No chance he's leaving binland to manage Rangers, absolutely zero.

I wouldn’t say that - I think it more likely that they wouldn’t be interested in him than the other way round.  Among others you’ve got the likes of Potter and Hassenhuttl looking for jobs, they are far more likely.

13 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I wouldn’t say that - I think it more likely that they wouldn’t be interested in him than the other way round.  Among others you’ve got the likes of Potter and Hassenhuttl looking for jobs, they are far more likely.

Yeah that too, but I don't see any top10 Championship manager being interested in either of the big 2 jobs in Scotland 

27 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Yeah that too, but I don't see any top10 Championship manager being interested in either of the big 2 jobs in Scotland 

You say that, but Beale was very much in that bracket last season…

10 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

You say that, but Beale was very much in that bracket last season…

At QPR?? Not really, they may have flirted with the occasional pop into the top 10, but never serious contenders 

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

At QPR?? Not really, they may have flirted with the occasional pop into the top 10, but never serious contenders 

Well….when we played and drew 0-0 with QPR in November last year, they’d have gone 2nd with a win.  He was very much lauded for them having had an excellent start to the season and they fell apart when he left.

Where is the binfestation from last week? Have they been banned or have they done the walk of shame with king Keano...