Positive_Canary

McKenna to Rangers?

15 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Well….when we played and drew 0-0 with QPR in November last year, they’d have gone 2nd with a win.  He was very much lauded for them having had an excellent start to the season and they fell apart when he left.

Nutty posted last season's league table as at 13 games. QPR were 3rd equal on points with us and Sheff Utd who were top. They went very much downhill after that.

I guess Rangers was Beale's dream job and he their no.1 target.

9 hours ago, S_81 said:

Beale will be back in the Championship before not too long. And likely will be a success where he goes next. A good manager, despite his stint up at Rangers 

He was on a big losing run with QPR before he jumped ship. I don’t see him as a good manager. A good talker maybe. 🤔 

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Where is the binfestation from last week? Have they been banned or have they done the walk of shame with king Keano...

It is strange how they've vanished. Maybe Peter has returned?

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It is strange how they've vanished. Maybe Peter has returned?

Hope they're not banned because I have this forlorn hope that they're not all dishonest lowlife and the decent thing will eventually happen...

53 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Hope they're not banned because I have this forlorn hope that they're not all dishonest lowlife and the decent thing will eventually happen...

Good luck with that

13 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Palace or Everton would be good projects for him.

No way, he'll go to a better club than those two. 

3 hours ago, City fan said:

No way, he'll go to a better club than those two. 

I highly doubt it. So far all he has is a League One promotion to his name with the best squad in that division at his disposal - and even then didn't win it.

Hes young so highly rated with his ex united connections but he's a long way from anything better than a Palace.

McKenna has done wonders at that car crash of a club and any doubting his ability based on the fact that his only concrete success so far has been at League One level will have that doubt confounded by, not only, the start his team has made this season but also the stylish way they seemed to have achieved their results. It truly pains me to say it, but they have become a juggernaut rolling over almost any team they come up against. They don't seem to know when they are beaten and are a true unit of a squad. Any Canary fan who denies this is has his/her yellow and green specs on. I'm just hoping that they falter as the long hard season progresses.

Awful times for sure, but whilst they were seeking out a young progressive coach NCFC saw fit to employ a clueless dinosaur like Dean Smith.

The only **** in McKenna's armour of perfection has been the fact that he has been, compared to most, well funded by the "owners" who seem to be acquiescing to his every request as far as team building goes. Such service is fairly unique but even then the scouting and direction seems to have been spot on.

Pipelines can be cut off at will and for a variety of reasons though, so there has to be a certain tenuousness  there, but I feel that that happening is surely for the future despite the enormous input, in playing staff and infrastructure, thus far.

I, for one, am not particularly looking forward to that December fixture at Portman Road  as it might well be a case of us Canaries having to grin and bear it. We just have to hope that their bubble bursts before then and that David Wagner gets his act back together and manages to adjust more convincingly to the cruel limitations he now has with the selections he can make.

Back to the single-minded McKenna. If he does achieve a double promotion with little Ipswich Town then it's not beyond the bounds of possibility that he will end up at Old Trafford sooner rather than later. The current scene up there looks ominous and the timing of the current man being sacked could fit.

P.S. Why was ch-ink edited out with a row of stars? Is there some aspect of carnal knowledge that I've missed out on? Is it a rude word in Norfolk?

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

McKenna has done wonders at that car crash of a club and any doubting his ability based on the fact that his only concrete success so far has been at League One level will have that doubt confounded by, not only, the start his team has made this season but also the stylish way they seemed to have achieved their results. It truly pains me to say it, but they have become a juggernaut rolling over almost any team they come up against. They don't seem to know when they are beaten and are a true unit of a squad. Any Canary fan who denies this is has his/her yellow and green specs on. I'm just hoping that they falter as the long hard season progresses.

Awful times for sure, but whilst they were seeking out a young progressive coach NCFC saw fit to employ a clueless dinosaur like Dean Smith.

The only **** in McKenna's armour of perfection has been the fact that he has been well funded by the "owners" who seem to be acquiescing to his every request as far as team building goes, but even then the scouting seems to have been spot on.

Pipelines can be cut off at will and for a variety of reasons though, so there has to be a certain tenuousness  there, but I feel that that happening is surely for the future despite the enormous input, in playing staff and infrastructure, thus far.

I, for one, am not particularly looking forward to that December fixture at Portman Road  as it might well be a case of us Canaries having to grin and bear it. We just have to hope that their bubble bursts before then and that David Wagner gets his act back together and manages to adjust more convincingly to the cruel limitations he now has with the selections he can make.

Back to the single-minded McKenna. If he does achieve a double promotion with little Ipswich Town then it's not beyond the  bounds of possibility that he will end up at Old Trafford sooner rather than later. The current scene up there looks ominous and the timing of the current man being sacked could fit.

This post stinks of “bin” so badly that rats and seagulls are turning their nose up at it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Duncan Edwards said:

This post stinks of “bin” so badly that rats and seagulls are turning their nose up at it. 

Pathetic.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Pathetic.

I agree. Your sycophantic scum swooning is pathetic. They could win the Milky Way Galaxy All Stars Cup with their under 7s girls team and I wouldn’t wax lyrical about them like you. It IS pathetic. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I agree. Your sycophantic scum swooning is pathetic. They could win the Milky Way Galaxy All Stars Cup with their under 7s girls team and I wouldn’t wax lyrical about them like you. It IS pathetic. 

I'm big enough to recognise this temporary success story for those at the Portaloo, even if you're not.

I'm also big enough to take your simplistic insults.

• Like 1

Oh Broady, that post is horrible. Truly horrible. I'm not being nasty to you personally but that is an awful post from a Norwich supporter to make. 

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

any doubting his ability based on the fact that his only concrete success so far has been at League One level will have that doubt confounded

Still very early days yet, as the league table posted by Nutty after 13 games last season proved.

they have become a juggernaut rolling over almost any team they come up against

Come off it, they have just about scraped a win in the majority of the games - no-one they have played has come off the pitch at the end of the game thinking they never stood a chance against them.

They don't seem to know when they are beaten

I'll concur with this - confidence is flowing for them.

The only **** in McKenna's armour of perfection has been the fact that he has been, compared to most, well funded by the "owners"

He was backed last season but actually spent very little over the close season. They are running on confidence but it will only take a couple of defeats for the depth of their squad to be exposed.

1 hour ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I, for one, am not particularly looking forward to that December fixture at Portman Road

Tut!

it's not beyond the bounds of possibility that he will end up at Old Trafford sooner rather than later.

Not a chance in hell, unless the Glazers are removed and / or he is a mate of Radcliffe or a very rich state.

Edited by shefcanary
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

P.S. Why was ch-ink edited out with a row of stars? Is there some aspect of carnal knowledge that I've missed out on? Is it a rude word in Norfolk?

Derogatory term for a Chinese person. The perils of automatic, context-free moderation.

52 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Oh Broady, that post is horrible. Truly horrible. I'm not being nasty to you personally but that is an awful post from a Norwich supporter to make. 

Still very early days yet, as the league table posted by Nutty after 13 games last season proved.

Come off it, they have just about scraped a win in the majority of the games - no-one they have played has come off the pitch at the end of the game thinking they never stood a chance against them.

I'll concur with this - confidence is flowing for them.

He was backed last season but actually spent very little over the close season. They are running on confidence but it will only take a couple of defeats for the depth of their squad to be exposed.

Tut!

Not a chance in hell, unless the Glazers are removed and / or he is a mate of Radcliffe or a very rich state.

Thanks Sheff. for a reasoned response and I hope that you are more right and that I'm more wrong.

I half expected my posting to stir the classroom somewhat, but it hardly has for once. Early days though.

In effect this thread is really about Keiran McKenna and not particularly about ITFC, and as such it is not difficult to begin to admire the job he seems to be doing in binnerland.

I think that he has already done enough in his brief managerial life to be considered as an option by the big boys and I include Man. U. in that. We'll see. 

His achievements and results with that lot are not perhaps the greatest yet, but the manner of them, his young ideas, one tracked methodology and single-mindedness set him apart. It's just a pity it is to the immediate benefit of ITFC though. However, that small club will surely get back to the mediocre status that it has mostly assumed since the days of Bobby Robson once they lose him. Bring it on.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ness Point Runner said:

He has just signed a 4 year contract

Ooooh another one bites the hook.

You know I liked it when you didnt post on here. Could you do that more often?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

On 03/10/2023 at 10:53, Robert N. LiM said:

Derogatory term for a Chinese person. The perils of automatic, context-free moderation.

It's also a type of food......

1 hour ago, Ness Point Runner said:

King Keano had a contract for the points difference between our clubs in 2018/19. Did that mean anything?

Your lot had contracts with loads of local businesses but then paid 5p in the pound. (which is more than King Keano has offered to be fair).

What store do you hold in contracts?

19 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

King Keano had a contract for the points difference between our clubs in 2018/19. Did that mean anything?

Your lot had contracts with loads of local businesses but then paid 5p in the pound. (which is more than King Keano has offered to be fair).

What store do you hold in contracts?

I don’t think McKenna had any involvement in the thinks that upset you. Calm down and have a walk perhaps? 

• Like 1

On 03/10/2023 at 08:49, BroadstairsR said:

The only **** in McKenna's armour of perfection has been the fact that he has been, compared to most, well funded by the "owners" who seem to be acquiescing to his every request as far as team building goes. Such service is fairly unique but even then the scouting and direction seems to have been spot on.

Back to the single-minded McKenna. If he does achieve a double promotion with little Ipswich Town then it's not beyond the bounds of possibility that he will end up at Old Trafford sooner rather than later. The current scene up there looks ominous and the timing of the current man being sacked could fit.

good post

1 hour ago, Ness Point Runner said:

The usual forerunner to a club claiming significant compensation from a bigger club who poaches their manager.

8 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I don’t think McKenna had any involvement in the thinks that upset you. Calm down and have a walk perhaps? 

Not surprised to see you sticking up for the binners.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

For someone who gets the **** taken out of him on an hourly basis you'd think you'd be a touch kinder.

He's responding to a Binner, he's being more kind than he should be already. 

50 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Not surprised to see you sticking up for the binners.

Bitter and twisted as always, unable to read what’s been posted in context. 

2 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

He's responding to a human  being.

Ahhhh, Never been to Suffolk have you, humans haven't made their way to that part of the land as of yet. 

• Haha 1