Sign in to follow this  
Ulfotto

Current Scapegoats Top Ten

Now the season seems to be hanging by a thread I thought I would produce a list of the top ten people whose fault it is.

1) Stuart Webber - although technically he resigned almost a year ago ultimately it’s all his fault right?

2) Ben Gibson - Just edging into second place following Plymouth can he keep up the momentum and push past Webber.

.3) Adam Idah - 4 goals in 8 games doesn’t seem to be changing many minds.

4)Hwang - New entry 100 minutes is all it has taken to enter the top 5.

5)Delia - After all she owns the club

6)Wagner - He is the manager 

7) Kenny McLean - Dropping down the list these days but one point away from climbing back into the top 5.

8. Michael somehow he never gets as much stick as Delia despite owning the club as well.

9) The Attanasio’s I mean where is the money dudes.

10) The officials where is VAR. when you need it.

Have I missed anyone?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5

Gunn? Truly awful goalkeeping at Plymouth. 

Zoe Webber?  For not being as independent as claimed. 

Hwang should be 1.  Worst centre forward signing since Davie Robb. 

If you're looking for who to blame, you'll find all this covered in the good book. By which, I of course mean, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:

"Many were increasingly of the opinion that they’d all made a big mistake in coming down from the trees in the first place.  

"And some said that even the trees had been a bad move, and that no one should ever have left the oceans."

Edited by Pyro Pete
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Gunn? Truly awful goalkeeping at Plymouth. 

Zoe Webber?  For not being as independent as claimed. 

Hwang should be 1.  Worst centre forward signing since Davie Robb. 

Thought a certain Harry Kane already holds the spot for "worst Norwich striker"?

• Thanks 1

Houghton did what most defenders have failed to do, stopped kane scoring.

• Like 2

Perfect thread outline the boo boys.

Love it 

We almost need a weekly top of the pops run down, minus the Leeds supporting predator of course 

Edited by Nexus_Canary

3 minutes ago, ZLF said:

Houghton did what most defenders have failed to do, stopped kane scoring.

He also stopped hopper and rvw scoring as well. Top manager 

1 hour ago, Ulfotto said:

Have I missed anyone?

Yes! Us lot! Where are the fans?   We don't boo, heckle and chase Man Utd loanees across the border to Suffolk for nothing you know!

...Could even throw Brexit, Chase and Covid in there for good luck too. :classic_cool:

Edited by Google Bot

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Thought a certain Harry Kane already holds the spot for "worst Norwich striker"?

To be fair, he was absolutely dreadful for that brief period with us! Amazing what a player he has become.

Maybe there's hope for Kenny yet.

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

11. Divorcees in the snake pit 

Is that the one between the SP and the B now the Drum means they make more noise?

I do love the little handbags between the sections

2 hours ago, Ulfotto said:

Now the season seems to be hanging by a thread I thought I would produce a list of the top ten people whose fault it is.

1) Stuart Webber - although technically he resigned almost a year ago ultimately it’s all his fault right?

2) Ben Gibson - Just edging into second place following Plymouth can he keep up the momentum and push past Webber.

.3) Adam Idah - 4 goals in 8 games doesn’t seem to be changing many minds.

4)Hwang - New entry 100 minutes is all it has taken to enter the top 5.

5)Delia - After all she owns the club

6)Wagner - He is the manager 

7) Kenny McLean - Dropping down the list these days but one point away from climbing back into the top 5.

8. Michael somehow he never gets as much stick as Delia despite owning the club as well.

9) The Attanasio’s I mean where is the money dudes.

10) The officials where is VAR. when you need it.

Have I missed anyone?

Anyone else reading that and hearing Mike Smith's voice?

This is a great thread in fairness.

My attempt at Hoggy and NN's list of unappreciated Norwich legends:-

1. Adrian Coote - came into the side during a tough spell and what did people expect for a young player? We didn't have the money to buy experience.

2. James Husband - a solid left back who if the fans got behind him could have flourished under Farke. People shouldn't expect footballers to be able to kick the ball straight when we don't have the funds of other teams.

3. Glenn Roeder - got a great result in the derby against the odds and didn't have the funds to match others in the division. What did we expect?

4. Bryan Gunn as manager - caught cold by Colchester and harshly hounded out by fans with unrealistic expectations. People were quick to forget the incredible win vs Barnsley when we smashed them 4-0. We can't expect to roll over teams like Colchester.

5. Splat the Cat - unfairly vilified for not being Captain Canary and people had it in for him coz he was partly blue. You can't expect club mascots to be the correct colours.

I love you really lads... 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I can only really go by some near me in the Snakepit. And boy do a few of them love a scapegoat. I really really really don’t get it . I hate it with a passion .
Kenny McLean , apparently he isn’t as sh*t as they thought. And anyone who tried to stick up for him last season, although acknowledging he’d not been great , was Normal for Norfolk or everything that’s wrong with the club. 
Hwang . Could be shaping up nicely . Lovely easy target .
Wagner , makes too many subs too early . As opposed to Farke , who apparently was a useless c*unt who never made any subs ( that’s when I absolutely lost it , apologies to those around me ) . 
Adam Idah ……… 

These people are the vast minority but like empty vessels they seem to make the most noise when things aren’t going well . 
The rest , and all the magnificent away support,  is the NCFC I love and will be a part of until I’m done for.

OTBC 

Edited by Pockthorpe
  • Like 1

I think we should have a list of escaped goats. Those who are continually under the scape goat radar...

1 to 10 inclusive - Michael Wynn-Jones.

I'm glad though, he's a great guy who's been going to Carrow Road since the Charlie Billington era...

I still blame Ian Henderson, Dickson Etuhu, Mark Fotheringham and without doubt, Gary Doherty.

Special mentions for Delia, when things are bad she’s an omnipotent, power-crazed dictator. For Nigel Worthington, some revered posters used to gather signatures on a petition to get rid of him. For David McNally who went from a breath of fresh, professional air to someone stealing a living. Stuart “Webberlution” Webber, who has gone from genius to pariah or Buendia to Tzolis. For Russel “clubman” Martin who went from heroic unsleeping, goalscoring new father to turrible plaar who hant never bin a centre half. For Ricky “Man from Mulbarton” Martin who went from hugely overpromoted loocul blook to a better job. For Zoe “nobody actually understands or appreciates my role” Webber because of her husband. And for all the “couldn’t pass water” crew; Alex “loyal servant” Tettey, Bradley “thunderbastard” Johnson, Gary “I did so much work that allowed you all to love Hucks so much” Holt and anyone that played alongside fan favourite Sammy Clingan when we were crud; I’ll never tire of watching the highlights of him jogging back to the edge of our box as the opposition scored while the players actually trying were taking pelters from the knowledgeable Canary faithful.

In honour of this thread, I’d just like to say:

”Play the yoof, they couldn’t do no wuss” 

In particular honour of Rossi Jarvis, Robert Eagle, Michael Spillane, Danny Crow and Shaun Carey. 

• Like 2

Surely they can't all be scapegoats? At least one of them must be at least partially culpable for the club's decline. Or is it just bad luck?

14 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Surely they can't all be scapegoats? At least one of them must be at least partially culpable for the club's decline. Or is it just bad luck?

Ha I was thinking the same actually looked up the definition of scapegoat 

a person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others, especially for reasons of expediency.

Given that bombshell the list is just a list of targets for moaners.

7 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Billy Gilmour x 10

I hear that he sucks. 😛

Maybe two years ago not sure you can be a scapegoat when you have no influence or interest on current Norwich events. Wait this is football…that said  he was rubbish for us end of.

• Haha 1