chrismakin

Don't worry lads. Beating a prem side isn't for everyone.

Oh makin is the captain of our ship

Oh makin is the captain of our ship 

but the ship is a tanker and makin is a wa&@?r 

oh makin is the captain of our ship 

2 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

I find this back and forth so embarrassing on both sides. Objectively, two pretty mediocre teams with limited success of any real relevance in the last 30 years arguing the same boring f***ing argument over and over again. What for? Bragging rights? About what exactly? Who gives an actual f***? 

In short we are doing slightly more s*** than them after a few years of them being slightly more s*** than us. Now some c*** is going to be “well if you call 14 years ‘a few’ snark snark”. It’s honestly pathetic. 

I couldn’t give a toss what or how they’re doing, I’d like us to do well and certainly better than we are now. I’m not going to **** in my pants if we finish above them just the same as I’ll not cry if we don’t. I’m all for game day banter and a bit of back and forth but I’m certain some of those in here are actually getting genuinely triggered by this basic baiting. See enough embarrassing behaviour in derby days when middle aged dads of 3 have a beer too many and scream across the road at their arch nemesis, another middle aged dad called John or whatever. 

Can’t we all just get back to wetting ourselves over some other pointless nonsense like how we lack ambition or how badly we managed Todd Cantwell? 

Please don't take me back to the days when every other thread on here was about the latest Cantwell tiktok dance or instagram post

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

King Keano?

Any thoughts...

You just worry about setting up another go fund me for the fans to contribute towards paying for your academy again this season, paupers 😬

In fairness to him, if it were flipped, after so many years living in a rivals shadow, banging on about history and the good old days...

I'd probably grab the absolute first thing I could convince myself we had over them too.

It's cute. And it will all work out the same way it did when Bradley Johnson absolutely rammed a screamer into 'The Gap'. 

They never learn.

Edited by Flying Dutchman

32 minutes ago, King Keano said:

You just worry about setting up another go fund me for the fans to contribute towards paying for your academy again this season, paupers 😬

Nice to see you again.

Fancy paying up now?

IMG_1324.thumb.jpeg.de33f2a68284ecaaa1bc2b63050beaa4.jpeg

1 hour ago, King Keano said:

How about you worry about paying up your charity bet?

Then again, I'm guessing sc*m club fans follow in the footsteps of their grubby, sc*mmy, dirty little club and try cheating their way out of charity stuff, right?

2 hours ago, chrismakin said:

Such a shame we haven't won against you for a while, if only we had we'd be in the same lea...  oh hang on. 

What happened?

Yes it's been a while. My nephew is now in his second year of high school and he's still never seen us lose to you lot. It may happen this year, but in his lifetime that'll make it 1 win in 13 years. I think that's worth another star.

This is getting too silly.

We really have no need to sink to their small club, small town mentality. We are far better than that.

Such intruders would be banned on their site and should be banished from here too. It's desperate stuff them trolling on this forum to taunt fans of our club just because of a temporary reversal in fortunes. 

Desperate.

5 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

Yes it's been a while. My nephew is now in his second year of high school and he's still never seen us lose to you lot. It may happen this year, but in his lifetime that'll make it 1 win in 13 years. I think that's worth another star.

I wouldn’t advertise that you have a nephew in high school, you’ll tempt the guy.

I asked AI to write a poem about Ipswich falling into the ground and it’s so funny, I have to share it with you all

ehem…

Ipswich, once proud upon the earth's firm breast,
Now descends into the deep, an eerie quest.
A town once vibrant, now swallowed whole,
Into the earth's embrace, a mysterious toll.

Cracks in the ground, like whispers of fate,
As Ipswich descends, its final chapter's weight.
Buildings, streets, and memories fade from sight,
In this subterranean journey, through day and night.

Into the earth's depths, it disappears,
Amidst rocks and roots, and ancient fears.
A surreal descent, a profound, solemn birth,
Ipswich's fate entwined with the very earth.

Yet in this mysterious journey below,
A story unfolds, of what we may not know.
Ipswich's legacy, forever intertwined,
With the earth's secrets, in the depths confined.

Have you put the star on your shirt yet ready for Saturday after beating Wolves? 

Will be nice for you lot to have some money coming in now so you can pay all those you robbed before, once scum, always scum. 

When is McKennas statue being unveiled too? It must be time for you to have another one surely? 

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

I asked AI to write a poem about Ipswich falling into the ground and it’s so funny, I have to share it with you all

ehem…

Ipswich, once proud upon the earth's firm breast,
Now descends into the deep, an eerie quest.
A town once vibrant, now swallowed whole,
Into the earth's embrace, a mysterious toll.

Cracks in the ground, like whispers of fate,
As Ipswich descends, its final chapter's weight.
Buildings, streets, and memories fade from sight,
In this subterranean journey, through day and night.

Into the earth's depths, it disappears,
Amidst rocks and roots, and ancient fears.
A surreal descent, a profound, solemn birth,
Ipswich's fate entwined with the very earth.

Yet in this mysterious journey below,
A story unfolds, of what we may not know.
Ipswich's legacy, forever intertwined,
With the earth's secrets, in the depths confined.

William McGonagall is turning in his grave!

Also, “A town once vibrant” - is that one of “hallucinations” we hear AI is subject to?

10 hours ago, King Keano said:

@nutty nigel look who is back after 5 years and one month.

12 hours ago, chrismakin said:

Oops

Silly boy, is embarrassing yourself daily on TWTD not enough for you?

Perhaps come back on here when we have actually done something worth bragging about, as happy as I was the other night, i'm not sure our reserves beating Wolves reserves is quite the achievement you seem to think it is. 

Edited by BlueHope76
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

Silly boy, is embarrassing yourself yourself daily on TWTD not enough for you?

Perhaps come back on here when we have actually done something worth bragging about, as happy as I was the other night, i'm not sure our reserves beating Wolves reserves is quite the achievement you seem to think it is. 

Even his own fanbase to which he belongs is calling him out?

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

Silly boy, is embarrassing yourself yourself daily on TWTD not enough for you?

Silly he most certainly is. But he managed to get King Keano here so maybe some good will come of his efforts.

Do you reckon he’ll pay up?

11 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

I find this back and forth so embarrassing on both sides. Objectively, two pretty mediocre teams with limited success of any real relevance in the last 30 years arguing the same boring f***ing argument over and over again. What for? Bragging rights? About what exactly? Who gives an actual f***? 

In short we are doing slightly more s*** than them after a few years of them being slightly more s*** than us. Now some c*** is going to be “well if you call 14 years ‘a few’ snark snark”. It’s honestly pathetic. 

I couldn’t give a toss what or how they’re doing, I’d like us to do well and certainly better than we are now. I’m not going to **** in my pants if we finish above them just the same as I’ll not cry if we don’t. I’m all for game day banter and a bit of back and forth but I’m certain some of those in here are actually getting genuinely triggered by this basic baiting. See enough embarrassing behaviour in derby days when middle aged dads of 3 have a beer too many and scream across the road at their arch nemesis, another middle aged dad called John or whatever. 

Can’t we all just get back to wetting ourselves over some other pointless nonsense like how we lack ambition or how badly we managed Todd Cantwell? 

Sweary you have summarised my thoughts exactly here. It’s proper playground stuff, I’m all for throwing a few insults but as you say it does genuinely feel like people are taking it 100% seriously. How anyone could be offended by it does not compute with me… Akin to football Twitter and premier league fans going on to each other about trophies / how good their players are compared to their rivals etc etc, is this constant **** measuring ever achieving anything for anyone?

Football has a massive problem with tribalism and fan behaviour and clearly far too many people can’t seem to be able to control their tiny penis energy. To me a sporting rivalry should involve banter and ****-taking, putting off / jeering at the other team, but end in handshakes. Other sports do it great, just look at cricket and rugby with home and away fans mixing AND drinking allowed in the stands. Could you imagine how some of the wombles you see in the stands would behave if they were within reach of rival fans and were allowed to drink during the match?? It’s embarrassing.

Bit of a side point and I’m not saying anyone on this thread would behave like this at all, but feel the kind of hatred casually seen between football fans does feed into idiots feeling like their idiotic actions are justified on a match day. Obviously it’s a shame for those on here who I’m sure are fully capable of throwing and taking insults whilst keeping any emotions from boiling over; but as always a small portion ruin it for the masses! 

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler

4 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Sweary you have summarised my thoughts exactly here. It’s proper playground stuff, the fact that grown men (presumably) seem to want to engage in this kind of ****e baffles me, I’m all for throwing a few light hearted insults but as you say it does genuinely feel like people are taking it 100% seriously. Akin to football Twitter and premier league fans going on to each other about trophies / how good their players are compared to their rivals etc etc, is this constant **** measuring ever achieving anything for anyone?

Football has a massive problem with tribalism and fan behaviour and clearly far too many people can’t seem to be able to control their tiny penis energy. To me a sporting rivalry should involve banter and ****-taking, putting off / jeering at the other team, but end in handshakes. Other sports do it great, just look at cricket and rugby with home and away fans mixing AND drinking allowed in the stands. Could you imagine how some of the wombles you see in the stands would behave if they were within reach of rival fans and were allowed to drink during the match?? It’s embarrassing.

Not saying anyone on this thread would behave like this at all, but feel the kind of hatred casually seen between football fans does feed into idiots feeling like their idiotic actions are justified on a match day. Obviously it’s a shame for those on here who I’m sure are fully capable of throwing and taking insults whilst keeping any emotions from boiling over; but as always a small portion ruin it for the masses! 

So do you think King Keano should pay his dues or should we all shake hands on derby day and forget about it?

21 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Silly he most certainly is. But he managed to get King Keano here so maybe some good will come of his efforts.

Do you reckon he’ll pay up?

Sorry, I don't know who he is. What was the bet?

16 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

Sorry, I don't know who he is. What was the bet?

In 2017/18 the bet was £1 per point difference between our clubs. As you know it was level points at the end of that season.

You will see from the screenshot I posted that KK suggested ‘same bet next season’ and I agreed. 

93 - 36 = 57.

I should add that Norwich fans ultimately paid his dues rather than see our DS boys and girls miss out. However  now @King Keano has finally shown his face he should still pay up and those generous City fans could have the choice of a refund or our DS boys and girls have a bonus. 

Edited by nutty nigel

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So do you think King Keano should pay his dues or should we all shake hands on derby day and forget about it?

Nutty I replied to sweary before I even got to the second page. I don’t see what honouring a charity bet promised has to do with a footballing rivalry; rather basic human decency! Of course he should pay up!

@King Keano
In Ipswich's heart, a fan's promise lay,
To aid a charity, to brighten someone's day,
But alas, the pledge they did betray,
Spending the funds in a curious way.

For horse lipstick, an unusual choice,
Instead of charity's compassionate voice,
The fan was tempted by a different path,
In the world of equines, they found their laugh.

A promise unkept, a debt unpaid,
To a charity's cause, it began to fade,
As horse lipstick adorned the equine grace,
In Ipswich's tale, a peculiar chase.

Edited by The Real Buh
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

As horse lipstick adorned the equine grace

Can AI explain this for me? Horse lipstick????? Truly baffled, I'm not long for this world obviously.

Image result for Horse lipstick. Size: 150 x 210. Source: www.pinterest.com

• Haha 1

If people stopped bigging up a rivalry that in real terms stopped when people stopped kicking each other prior to, during and after a game and just treated Ipswich as an opponent like any other club then some of you wouldn't be overreacting. I like the jokes on here about them but only if they are funny.

They are in another county and 43 miles away. but some silly beggars have to go on TWTD and bull and can't take it when  it comes back at us. Maybe its because I live in Cornwall that has made me no more concerned with Ipswich than Bristol City.

In fact, yesterday, at Golf, I had to endure the urine being extracted after the Plymouth result by people who claim to support Liverpool, Manure, Arsenal, West Ham but have never been anywhere near a football ground. Its this need to be cleverer, harder, loyaler and funnier without any attachment and the need to belong to something that maybe typifies a lads thing.