Injuries (whatever age) are unlucky, but, maybe this will help us. Sarge is mobile and gets about up front. Barnes, not so much but finds good areas....

Now - Rowe, faasnacht, hwang, sainz, (young city guy) and idah will have to step up.....this maybe the few games they need. As pukki injury last season meant sarge up top and looked a different player...... opportunities have gotta be graspedĀ 

Basically it appears that this season Strikers are the centre backs.

Is there a chance that Sargent has played his last game for us.

25 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

Idah I hate to say is no where near the required level we need, whoever gave him a 5 year deal should be shot

Kalashnikovs at the ready for our (still employed) Sporting Director then! Has NCFC ever given any player such a lengthy contract I wonder? Can't recall any such situation. I have never heard Webber explain this or, indeed, been asked the question. I will, of course, humbly apologise if I may have missed such proclamation.Ā It was (and remains) seriously bizarre.

1 hour ago, duke63 said:

Too much football being played. Its inevitable that with more football matches ( and now more than 95 minutes in most games) that there will be more injuries.

Yes but that's the same for all teams.Ā 

Sarge's injury was a bit unlucky but he's had ankle issues before, Barnes got injured because he got all out of shape going for a cross. Again probably unlucky.

On the other hand having Placheta come on was always going to be a big ask of a 34 year old trying to keep up with him!Ā 

30 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Kalashnikovs at the ready for our (still employed) Sporting Director then! Has NCFC ever given any player such a lengthy contract I wonder? Can't recall any such situation. I have never heard Webber explain this or, indeed, been asked the question. I will, of course, humbly apologise if I may have missed such proclamation.Ā It was (and remains) seriously bizarre.

They gave him a 5 year contract when they did,hoping he was going to bang in 10 goals before the end of that season,and some club with more money than sense,would come in for him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As Soon as Sarge was injured and they knew for how long a Goal scoring forward should have been signedĀ 

i have said many times Peterborough's Clarke Harris great goal scorer in Lg 1 nearly sign For Bristol rovers but were to late ,sorting transferĀ 

rumoured to be 800k but say with add on' 2 million ,to be safe ,

we should have been able to afford that with the income money tis windowĀ 

i would be more hopeful with a player who scored 26 goals in 36 apps a league belowĀ  last season than Idah or Hwang ,

would have been a Leon McKenzie type signingĀ 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

As Soon as Sarge was injured and they knew for how long a Goal scoring forward should have been signedĀ 

i have said many times Peterborough's Clarke Harris great goal scorer in Lg 1 nearly sign For Bristol rovers but were to late ,sorting transferĀ 

rumoured to be 800k but say with add on' 2 million ,to be safe ,

we should have been able to afford that with the income money tis windowĀ 

i would be more hopeful with a player who scored 26 goals in 36 apps a league belowĀ  last season than Idah or Hwang ,

would have been a Leon McKenzie type signingĀ 

In total agreement with that. Decent scoring record in a poor Posh side when in the Champs that season. Was available. And not for much. But Wagner would have wanted a more mobile type no9. And yet Hwang doesnā€™t really look that type.Ā 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, S_81 said:

In total agreement with that. Decent scoring record in a poor Posh side when in the Champs that season. Was available. And not for much. But Wagner would have wanted a more mobile type no9. And yet Hwang doesnā€™t really look that type.Ā 

Transfer fees are just a small part of any incoming player. No doubt he would have wanted at least Ā£20k per week on a 3 year contract. That's already another Ā£3 million.

I'm astonished how little so many understand about finances.

• Like 3

Fantasy talent spotting abounds at times like this. Clarke Harris is a long way short of good enough to even get into our team now, with injuries, let alone be the answer to our dreams. No evidence he has what it takes to play the role how Wagner wants the role played, the energy to play the role or the intelligence to play the role. That is why the club went for a loan. Maybe it wasn't the right loan, but better than a lower league journeyman.

15 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Fantasy talent spotting abounds at times like this. Clarke Harris is a long way short of good enough to even get into our team now, with injuries, let alone be the answer to our dreams. No evidence he has what it takes to play the role how Wagner wants the role played, the energy to play the role or the intelligence to play the role. That is why the club went for a loan. Maybe it wasn't the right loan, but better than a lower league journeyman.

You may be right, but I'd happily swap him for Idah right now. At least he would getĀ on the end of some of the many crosses our selection of wide men get over.

Sometimes it's the cost of not doing something though.

Hwang needs to get up to speed effing quick. Assuming he's on a decent salary at Forest, perhaps Ā£40k a week, he might turn out to be a costly option. I won't lie I don't really approve of 30+ year old on loan. I hope he proves me wrong and scores 5 or 6 by the time Sarge gets back, including 1 against the scum and I'll be very happy.

Barnes out until November I just had pop up on my phone. Ā Not good, but could be worse.

On the positive, as Sarge, Barnes and Sainz return to the squad we will grow stronger.

2 hours ago, BigFish said:

i would take a lower league player who knows where the net is over Idah and Hwang ,

tight 0-0 game a chanceĀ comes into the box a inform striker who has proved over the last 3 years where the net is or Idah or Hwang my money would be on Clarke Harris ,

who knows we will have to rely of Hwang and Idah now but that was a exampleĀ 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, duke63 said:

Transfer fees are just a small part of any incoming player. No doubt he would have wanted at least Ā£20k per week on a 3 year contract. That's already another Ā£3 million.

he would have a resale value if he did well , maybe money back or a little less ,

Hwang is not free and is taking time getting up to speed etc and his goal scoring history is not greatĀ 

it is ok having all these hard working strikers but we do need a goalscorer as well not just a striker who runs and closes down that is just part of his job ,

I thought Idah did ok second half and we looked better with him, after Barnes went off. We'll just have to see now we cope.... Have to hope we are still in contention when Sarge and Barnes get back to full fitness.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

i would take a lower league player who knows where the net is over Idah and Hwang ,

tight 0-0 game a chanceĀ comes into the box a inform striker who has proved over the last 3 years where the net is or Idah or Hwang my money would be on Clarke Harris ,

who knows we will have to rely of Hwang and Idah now but that was a exampleĀ 

There is more to the game than than that. Particularly these days, it is much more sophisticated as illustrated on Wednesday. Carrying a lower league journeyman that hypothetical 0-0 wouldn't be level,Ā  probably we would be losing. Clarke-Harris may well score a few in this unicorn world, but the downside would be much greater.

4 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I thought Idah did ok second half and we looked better with him, after Barnes went off. We'll just have to see now we cope.... Have to hope we are still in contention when Sarge and Barnes get back to full fitness.

Agree. I'd like to see Rowe or Hwang playing off Idah. I doubt we'll have our only fit strikers start though.

Might also need to fast track Ogwuru to the bench. I see the Binners have Hutchinson on loan from Chelsea and he looks quality and only a years age difference. You would hope Ogwuru has something about him coming from Man City.

11 hours ago, duke63 said:

And we had no money to spend; right? Keep lapping up what youā€™re fedĀ 

Edited by S_81

17 minutes ago, Serinus Canaria Domestica said:

Capt Pants: Ogwuru is on the bench tonightā€¦.for the u21s at Everton. Aboh and Dickson-Peters ahead of him. Just sayingā€¦..

Fair enough.

I think we're unlikely to start Idah and Hwang together yet being our only fit strikers. Will be an interesting line up tomorrow and how if and how we play with 2 in advanced positions.

The way weā€™re signing players this season itā€™ll be HoltĀ coming out of retirement! šŸ˜‚

7 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If Hwang gets injured on a scale of 1 to 10 how much should we panic?

I'll have a bed sheet out and my hands will be itching for the crayolas.Ā 

51 minutes ago, Indy said:

The way weā€™re signing players this season itā€™ll be HoltĀ coming out of retirement! šŸ˜‚

I see Conor Wickham is available. Still only 30.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

I see Conor Wickham is available. Still only 30.

Now I might be scolded for this but I really think he could do a decent job! Is he available on a free?