Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

*official Lappinitup match thread Canaries V Foxes*

1 minute ago, Keith Scott said:

Dreadful performance. So sloppy. Particularly Sara and Fassnacht. This team ain't troubling the top 6.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

Always popping up at the first sign of trouble, aren't you? Like you're passion is to sit and wait to stick the boot in. 

Binner

• Like 2

Be tempted to take fassnacht off for Batth and go wingbacks for a bit. Try and get some control through the centre 

28 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

I'm following on BBC Sports live text, sounds like we're shading it, is that a fair assessment?

No. Leicester are probably the better team. Watch one of our centre halves get sent off, they are so sluggish and the Leicester forwards have too much pace and movement. 

2 minutes ago, Dame to Blame said:

Well there Squad is worth about 5 times as much as ours , didnt expect much more TBH .

Yeah, Leicester are a good side and the pace they have upfront is scary for a team like us. I actually thought we'd played pretty well until those last 5 or 10 minutes when Leicester took it up a gear. Good defending from Dimi especially which isn't what I've been used to seeing from him!

Negativity seems a bit ott to me, we’ve matched them until last 10 mins.

Poor by Fassnacht  but he’s a quality player.

Need Sara to step up

• Like 3

Started well, but can't say Leicester haven't been the better side without creating much.

There will be plenty of abuse towards the ref I'd imagine, but not being there you can see on TV its clear he got the 3 yellow cards correct and the penalty decision right too.

Gibson again is a calamity,  I'd get him off for Bartth at HT.

Shame Fassnacht didn't play Barnes in earlier in the half instead of shooting, he'd surely have scored.

Rowe having his worst half of the season, bit off it tonight. 

Edited by Ken Hairy

2 minutes ago, Conrad said:

No. Leicester are probably the better team. Watch one of our centre halves get sent off, they are so sluggish and the Leicester forwards have too much pace and movement. 

They're the better team, half our squads seems to have lost their head in the last twenty minutes and other than swearing at the ref and getting a card Barnes has turned into the invisible man. Had about fifty crosses into the box and he's vanished

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Thought we were doing okay til our sudden mental collapse at the end of the half. Seriously what happened there? Poor passing when under no real pressure and then that stupid penalty to top things off, we're still well in this if we can find our heads again, Leicester didn't really threaten until we shot ourselves in the foot.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Ooooh, mass booing.

Obviously at the referee…

That said it looked a pen from my end, I’m more annoyed about how sloppy we were in the build up, totally lost our heads. Seemed to get worse and worse as the half went on, hard to see where a goal is coming from either or how we can change the tide unfortunately. 

• Like 1

This one is down to Wagner. Wrong team playing against a Leicester side with 5 changes who are playing completely differently to expected. Out thought by Maresca, I'm afraid. Rowe, Gibbs and Fassnacht all awful so far. Gibson almost as bad. We have nothing to aim for up front; no control or tempo. Let's see what Wagner has in mind to get back in it. Personally, I'd put Idah on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

That said it looked a pen from my end, I’m more annoyed about how sloppy we were in the build up, totally lost our heads. Seemed to get worse and worse as the half went on, hard to see where a goal is coming from either or how we can change the tide unfortunately. 

Feels like we have gone back to how we did against Rotherham. And uh, the second half of our last match

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

It was 100% a penalty 

43 minutes ago, mastoola said:

anyone got a working river please?

FFS, pay a tenner for a Now TV pass. Watching football is not an economic right.

Pay to watch, that's how it works.

I suppose you'll be one of the many saying we don't have any money come the transfer window too. Sickening.

1 minute ago, robertociNCFC said:

Thought we were doing okay til our sudden mental collapse at the end of the half. Seriously what happened there? Poor passing when under no real pressure and then that stupid penalty to top things off, we're still well in this if we can find our heads again, Leicester didn't really threaten until we shot ourselves in the foot.

We were doing ok, but Leicester were always the better team. Unfortunately it was only a question of time. Too many poor performances from our players today but perhaps credit should be given to Leicester. 

4 minutes ago, robertociNCFC said:

Yeah we're not out of it but there doesn't seem much spark in the attack right now. Hopefully Wagner can tweak some things.

I really am not understanding the negativity? We were evenly matched for the majority of the half, I can see how this season is gonna go with all the weak willed fans sh!tting themselves as soon as it doesn't go our way.

• Haha 1

It’s Sargent. Missing him is so integral to our play. Barnes is wasted upfront… need him deeper.

Really frustrating we didn’t strengthen at the end of Jan after our bright start. 

Poor against Rotherham, poor 45 mins against Stoke, and another poor 45 mins tonight. 

We don’t look like threatening. 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Flying Dutchman said:

FFS, pay a tenner for a Now TV pass. Watching football is not an economic right.

Pay to watch, that's how it works.

I suppose you'll be one of the many saying we don't have any money come the transfer window too. Sickening.

maybe some people just cant afford it,  would you rather i take food from my children?