Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

*official Lappinitup match thread Canaries V Foxes*

39 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

I will say it Again Time for Idah to step up and fill those strikers shoes !! 

i think it shows how important Sarge is everything seems more attacking when he plays got to get back to that way of playing 

Grinding results out is fine and i know you have to do that but Attacking unit has to step up a little to early game form 

I agree. We are now playing two strikers and if one isn't contributing then we lose something. He has to get involved much more. Just get angry Adam and kick someone. Then we might see the real Adam who has been hiding.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

I agree. We are now playing two strikers and if one isn't contributing then we lose something. He has to get involved much more. Just get angry Adam and kick someone. Then we might see the real Adam who has been hiding.

Oh no we're not! Idah dropped. 

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

High 5s all round for the Idah haters.

What you got Barnesie.

OTBC.

Don't particularly dislike Idah, just don't feel that he offers enough. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

I will say it Again Time for Idah to step up and fill those strikers shoes !! 

i think it shows how important Sarge is everything seems more attacking when he plays got to get back to that way of playing 

Grinding results out is fine and i know you have to do that but Attacking unit has to step up a little to early game form 

Well we've given him two starts and nought goals. And we've been saying this for four years now.

Makes sense to pack the midfield today, and that's no disrespect to Adam. He &/or Hwang to come on when legs are tired, and we'd love another 90+ goal from Adam to steal all three points!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Rather interesting lineup from Leicester..

Lots of moaning and complaining from their fans

Dangerous looking bench though.

I hope we have a plan other than to grind out a point.

Don't dislike it but you know we are at home...

Let's see. It's sensible but someone has to support Barnes who's not an out and out striker.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

I hope we have a plan other than to grind out a point.

Don't dislike it but you know we are at home...

Let's see. It's sensible but someone has to support Barnes who's not an out and out striker.

You would think it would be Rowe, Fassnaught and Sara.

• Like 1

Well lots were saying we needed the extra midfielder but that Wagner was too inflexible to change. 

Maybe Gibbs (if at 10) will pick up Winks and stop them playing out. Fingers crossed, but we should at least be more solid in midfield. 

Idah being benched is sensible looking at the big picture we have 6 games in the next 2 and a half weeks. Idah played on Saturday on the back of chasing the ball twice for Ireland for 90 minutes. Plus if you are going to drop in an extra midfielder it’s tonight rather than Plymouth on Saturday.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Leicester manager showing he's not afraid to rotate. Has he played into our hands? I feel a little more confident?

It might have scuppered Wagners plans though. For example if they've been expecting to be up against Vardy from minute one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Satriales said:

It might have scuppered Wagners plans though. For example if they've been expecting to be up against Vardy from minute one.

Iheanacho is pretty speedy too, though. But perhaps not as wily as Vardy.

2 minutes ago, Satriales said:

To be fair while they still are a counter attacking team Vardy is not exactly looking very sharp or fit right now (now I have said this I'm dooming us to have him come off the bench and score for them..)

Seems like other teams have been working out how to play us so lets see if we have plan B and if we can take out another big side.

Kill!

3 minutes ago, AJ said:

Is tonight on the red button? 

It's the main game in UHD, other wise I would watch it on canaries TV as the red button quality is disgraceful 

5 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

I’m not confident about this one, primarily because I think we are too open through the middle with this formation against the very best sides so I fear we are due a wake up call.

I would play an extra midfielder for that reason instead of one of the strikers but Wagner won’t.

one thing I am confident of though is that at home, under the lights, we will at least make them work for it. 

Sure he won't? 

4 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

No, on the full Sky Football coverage 

Ah completely missed that, works taken over my life lately. Great news as I couldn't make the game tonight. Thanks chaps!

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Sure he won't? 

Pleased he’s adapted. Gibbs has been very positive and attacking when he’s played recently as well. I agree with the selection, let’s hope it works.