KiwiScot

**Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Norwich v Stoke**

Clean sheet, a win and had to withstand some pressure to get it to stick. That'll do nicely for now. Sometimes, you just have to grit it out and fight your way over the line.

Wouldn't have held on last season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, king canary said:

Record for the quietest match thread?

Stunned by the 2nd half. What went on in the dressing room at half time? We never looked like conceding as they are awful up front and still haven't scored an away goal. But we gave them so much of the ball 2nd half. I will put it down to the international break .

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Stunned by the 2nd half. What went on in the dressing room at half time? We never looked like conceding as they are awful up front and still haven't scored an away goal. But we gave them so much of the ball 2nd half. I will put it down to the international break .

Shades of Rotherham

20 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Giannoulis was on a yellow, and Stoke were pressing mainly down his wing. Wagner avoiding a 2nd yellow for Dimi.

Hope so, apart from an impressive surge when he first came on, I felt the change made us weaker.

That has confirmed that if we were to lose Sara or McLean to a lengthy injury, we would be well and truly screwed.

Also the depth of our bench is pretty shallow.

A hard-fought three points.

A good result, and although we weren't great in the second half I did not think we gave many chances away.  Duffy is a terrific defender

Gonna be very tough game  Wednesday vs Leicester 😳.... Hopefully be ok, how was hwang when he came in? 

1 minute ago, unique said:

That has confirmed that if we were to lose Sara or McLean to a lengthy injury, we would be well and truly screwed.

Also the depth of our bench is pretty shallow.

A hard-fought three points.

Kenny apparently pulled up at the end, didnt hear much more if it was serious or not..

6 minutes ago, daz said:

Gonna be very tough game  Wednesday vs Leicester 😳.... Hopefully be ok, how was hwang when he came in? 

Hwang gave away a foul in about a minute of coming on. Then slowly jogged about for about 20 minutes until the final whistle blew

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hwang gave away a foul in about a minute of coming on. Then jogged about for about 40 minutes.

Sounds great 🤔🤔🤔

12 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Clean sheet, a win and had to withstand some pressure to get it to stick. That'll do nicely for now. Sometimes, you just have to grit it out and fight your way over the line.

Wouldn't have held on last season.

It sounds like it was very similar to those games early on last season when we won despite not playing well.

2 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

How was Hwang today?

Hard to judge, we'd been penned back a bit more by time he came on and was isolated quite a bit.

• Thanks 1

Lack of quality, lack of depth and tactically out thought in that second half. We're lucky we weren't playing a better team because we were very poor. We seemed to be playing without a midfield, just Kenny running about on his own. 

2 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

What were your thoughts on Idah's 2nd stint up front today?

And also how did Hwang look when he came on?

Idah looks like a midtable leauge one striker who scores about two or three goals a season as per usual (for some reason I'll probably get hate for saying this..)

Hwang is good at being invisible

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 minute ago, Samwam27 said:

What were your thoughts on Idah's 2nd stint up front today?

And also how did Hwang look when he came on?

I'm afraid Adam didn't contribute much. He doesn't have Sarge's energy and I think Barnes is less effective then. 

We were out performed 2nd half so cannot judge Hwang on today.

• Like 1

Good to see us defend well, and we had to, for long periods in the second half.

Our performance second half obviously poor, thank god we have Kenny and Leeds don't because without him organising everyone second half alongside his own performance, I'm sure we would have conceded. Sara didn't help giving the ball away unnecessarily second half but he was far from the only one.

Good of the BBC to keep up with things in their match report...

Daniel Farke's side looked set to go into the break without any reward, despite dominating the first half, when Stacey latched on to Rowe's deflected header and poked the ball past Travers.

• Haha 1

Whew we needed those 3 points, cant see us getting anything  off Leicester who look likely to do a Burnley of last season and be heads above  all the rest in this league.  Already evident how much we are missing Josh up front, the next few months i feel we will  be  mid table, just cant see any better than that.

1 minute ago, Gibbo said:

Good of the BBC to keep up with things in their match report...

Daniel Farke's side looked set to go into the break without any reward, despite dominating the first half, when Stacey latched on to Rowe's deflected header and poked the ball past Travers.

Damn you, got there before me.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Damn you, got there before me.

They've fixed it now it seems

Another drop in intensity in the second half. Stoke were able to be too dominant. Rowe, in particular tires, as do others. Wagner perhaps needs to sort out his substitutes a bit better to take this into account. I'm thinking that Foreshaw might well play a part in this and perhaps a fit Sorensen also.