GodlyOtsemobor

**Official Lappinitup match thread Rotherham vs Norwich**

After a Hectic deadline day, here we go it's our third away day in a row, Rotherham off the back of a 6-1 defeat to stoke in the cup, can we follow that lead and bag a hat full today? 

We await the team news. (Spoiler, Omobamidele will be missing from the team sheet 😂) 

Gunny's 100th appearance for us today. 

FB_IMG_1693642614427.jpg

FB_IMG_1693642628290.jpg

FB_IMG_1693658125906.thumb.jpg.6e35ad83cbde0331342c6412da18321c.jpg

Screenshot_20230902-091604~2.png

Screenshot_20230902-091532~2.png

FB_IMG_1693657026542.jpg

FB_IMG_1693659656030.jpg

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Rotherham still not win a match this season right? And yet we are unbeaten?

You know what's going to happen now

Along came Norwich……

Fingers crossed it okay today - my favourite away ground - shame I can’t go.

OTBC

New signings not eligible and no Omo for the bench so be interesting to see the subs bench today as the starting line up seems to pick itself currently which is a good thing! 

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Rotherham still not win a match this season right? And yet we are unbeaten?

You know what's going to happen now

Yep. Lazy assumptions based upon no facts what-so-ever.

• Thanks 1

Rotherham away is always a proper "on the cobbles" sort of a scrap, just like Millwall. We'll definitely be in a hard game, regardless of the form they're in and regardless of their last result in the cup.

I won't be unhappy with a draw, but think we'll edge it after withstanding some hairy moments on the way.

13 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Rotherham away is always a proper "on the cobbles" sort of a scrap, just like Millwall. We'll definitely be in a hard game, regardless of the form they're in and regardless of their last result in the cup.

I won't be unhappy with a draw, but think we'll edge it after withstanding some hairy moments on the way.

With the greatest of respect when you're playing a team that's only got one point in five matches and will probably finish the season in the bottom six with our aim being top six you have to hope for more than a draw.. right?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

With the greatest of respect when you're playing a team that's only got one point in five matches and will probably finish the season in the bottom six you have to hope for more than a draw.. right?

Leicester beat them 2-1 on their turf with a late winner, and they were pushed all the way. They were 2-0 up on Blackburn, and drew 2-2 with a man sent off. 

On their own patch, they're a tough side to face. A good test of where we're at right now.

• Like 1

It's always a tough game. Surely we should know that by now. That really scrappy win 2-1 we had there in the 20-21 season (Hugoal's last-minute pen plus an own goal that should have been in our goals of the season list) kick-started our march to the title - but ye gods we had to work hard for it. Do I remember right that they missed a penalty while they were 1-0 up?

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

It's always a tough game. Surely we should know that by now. That really scrappy win 2-1 we had there in the 20-21 season (Hugoal's last-minute pen plus an own goal that should have been in our goals of the season list) kick-started our march to the title - but ye gods we had to work hard for it. Do I remember right that they missed a penalty while they were 1-0 up?

Yep, Krul saved it.

• Like 1

Looks like we're playing in purple today then?

Might have to resort to a plan B if we're firing blanks and Rotherham will drag us down to their level, but with a big away following anything otherthan a win won't be really acceptable. You'd expect our rivals to do similar looking at the fixtures today.

Edited by Capt. Pants
  • Like 1

I was at the 4-4 match in my university days.... I remember the players tunnel bouncing up and down and almost flying over the stand due to the aftermath carnage! Great game.

I also remember a great/classic picture of a few players celebrating when our 4th went in. I don’t have it anymore, but I just knew we’d go up from the sheer determination on their faces!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

New signings not eligible and no Omo for the bench so be interesting to see the subs bench today as the starting line up seems to pick itself currently which is a good thing! 

You've answered my question, thank you.

• Like 1

After that huge loss to Stoke - their coach would've read them the "riot act".   it's going to be tough !

15 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Stops the children arguing about who has what doesn't it 😂

More. More match thread starters.

Walking into Sheffield to catch Tram now. I am passing lots of Blades fans loading up before their match at Everton. I love a day out at Rotherham! Then Self Esteem after. And the weather is good. Its going to be a fab day.

16936511175036592769479949665197.jpg

29 minutes ago, Six Pack said:

After that huge loss to Stoke - their coach would've read them the "riot act".   it's going to be tough !

My thought exactly - players will have had a rollicking after such a battering, and being at home will be very much up for it. 

18 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Walking into Sheffield to catch Tram now. I am passing lots of Blades fans loading up before their match at Everton. I love a day out at Rotherham! Then Self Esteem after. And the weather is good. Its going to be a fab day.

Sounds idyllic, enjoy the short trip and the game

But what is this Self Esteem of which you speak? Not something Canaries fans like me are  acquainted 

I guess if anything should happen today, Fisher could come in and Stacey fill in.

And although we don't have striker back up, Placheta and Gibbs are both happy to attack should anything untoward befall either striker.

In the New York Tavern, our boys mixing woth the locals all very friendly.  In fact walking through town, you'd think it was a home match for the Yellows!

20230902_133720.jpg

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

16936511175036592769479949665197.jpg

Well, that definitely wasn't on the Great Yorkshire Run course back in 2011. Not sure if the route's changed, but it pretty much went up to Hillsborough and came back to the city centre.