cambridgeshire canary

Tom Cannon; Have we made a 7 million bid?

3 minutes ago, ZLF said:

Suspect a counter offer from another club could happen in the next 24 hrs, 7m is well judged, few champs clubs can do that and his limited pitch time makes 10m say more of a gamble.   

Fact that we're wanting a striker to come in today, second in the league and creating chances is going to interest the player hugely too you'd imagine.  Many boxes being ticked.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Six Pack said:

Crikey, it always happens - they get our hopes up and then bring in a kid that's not ready for anything !

You say "they" get your hopes up but the club hasn't confirmed any interest in Cannon whatsoever.

• Like 1

If Everton want to let go of one of their more prized home grown assets then Norwich will be a good fit for him. He sounds interested from media reports and would be a step up from his Preston gig. Would be a shrewd investment from us on paper. Hopefully the rest of the Irish connections we have also tempts him over the line.

Completely agree GB, club acting decisively while our stock is high, and our reputation (continuing with rowe, springett) is that we will be youngsters when good enough.

I suspect idah will continue to start with barnes for now, but cannon will get good minutes each game and a start soon enough

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

You say "they" get your hopes up but the club hasn't confirmed any interest in Cannon whatsoever.

Indeed, but also there hasn't been a denial through the pinkun denial service either, as we quickly got on kasey Palmer.. 

1 minute ago, ZLF said:

Indeed, but also there hasn't been a denial through the pinkun denial service either, as we quickly got on kasey Palmer.. 

And the Czechia striker.

• Like 1

I'd rather cannon over thr young man city lad, it'll be the same from us lot, get a young player in, develop them a bit then release or sell. Seems pointless to me, keep banging on about being a Premier league club, if that's the case then get a goalscorer for the here and now.. not develop someone to then give away for free!!

5 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Get both in. Investing in the U21 talent is never a bad move.

i think they will ,

Cannon for now in Sarge Position ,

The lad from Man city on the bench 

pushing Idah down the ladder 

when all fit Cannon and Sarge and Barnes fighting for the 2 positions 

Barnes might need resting it is a long season 

24 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

I'd rather cannon over thr young man city lad, it'll be the same from us lot, get a young player in, develop them a bit then release or sell. Seems pointless to me, keep banging on about being a Premier league club, if that's the case then get a goalscorer for the here and now.. not develop someone to then give away for free!!

That's every club in the country apart from Man City, and possibly Man Utd.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Agree with this, but the club never do say much, they only release  the news once a guys actually signed, naturally.

We dont have hardly any concrete evidence about City bidding for Cannon other than the usual media outlet rumours. Sam Seaman only  descibed it as  "interesting" and Goodison News saying a Norwich bid needs to be "imaginative"...make of that what you will.

Everton recently splashed 15mill on a youngster from Sporting Lisbon according to the same source, and as a Prem club with no urgency to sell Cannon, plus it being the last  few hours of the window, any confirmed deal for this guy, even interest, is, right now just up in the air waffle. Not long to wait, but not holding my breath.

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

And the Czechia striker.

Czech Republic if you don’t mind! Some of us hate the Czechia name!😉

Sargent, Gunn and soon a Cannon. I see what Webber is doing here.

In all seriousness, if we pull off this transfer, we're promoted. This guy is going to be a magnificent fit for us and the style we now play. I'm assuming it's being funded by big Andy O leaving today?

Edited by Michael Starr

12 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Sounds like any bid has been denied at the Everton end but dare say negotiation ongoing.

It does sound like we've got fingers in multiple pies. Jamal Lowe being one on loan.

Edited by jaberry2

4 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Sounds like any bid has been denied at the Everton end but dare say negotiation ongoing.

As the clock is ticking I say let them have what they want (Idah), and just settle for 10m coming our way plus Cannon. 

Everyone happy then.

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

i think they will ,

Cannon for now in Sarge Position ,

The lad from Man city on the bench 

pushing Idah down the ladder 

when all fit Cannon and Sarge and Barnes fighting for the 2 positions 

Barnes might need resting it is a long season 

The suggestion that anyone would replace Idah immediately is daft. Especially an 18yr old who sounds like he's coming in to compete in the youth set up initially.

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Like 2

Doesn't sound as though £7m will enough, not without significant add-on going Everton's way.

I can't see the point in the Man City youngster if I'm honest. Why are people assuming he's better than Idah? He hasn't played in front of a crowd yet.

Let's just concentrate on getting one in rather than spreading our wealth too thinly in multiple areas.

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

The suggestion that anyone would replace Idah immediately is daft. Especially an 18yr old who sounds like he's coming in to compete in the youth set up initially.

How about a scenario of getting Cannon in, and, when Josh is back, sending Idah out on loan in January ?

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

maybe i got carried away with all the new signing excitement 

48 minutes ago, Indy said:

Czech Republic if you don’t mind! Some of us hate the Czechia name!😉

You've had 7 years to get used to it

Just now, Crabbycanary3 said:

How about a scenario of getting Cannon in, and, when Josh is back, sending Idah out on loan in January ?

You're supposing Josh will be fit by January? Rowe had a similar injury during that shambles of a trip to Tampa, which wiped him out until near the end of the season.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

You're supposing Josh will be fit by January? Rowe had a similar injury during that shambles of a trip to Tampa, which wiped him out until near the end of the season.

Well, I get that, but it does leave us 5 months before the Jan transfer window finishes, so 'possibly'

By that stage, I'm sure we'd have a date for Josh's return, so can make a much better informed decision 

1 minute ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Well, I get that, but it does leave us 5 months before the Jan transfer window finishes, so 'possibly'

By that stage, I'm sure we'd have a date for Josh's return, so can make a much better informed decision 

Possibly, but if we're seriously thinking £7m plus on Cannon then it suggests the club fears a pretty poor prognosis for Josh. 

7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Possibly, but if we're seriously thinking £7m plus on Cannon then it suggests the club fears a pretty poor prognosis for Josh. 

Yeh, again 'possibly' but we need a striker that is on a level with Josh right now. We are obviously weaker without Josh and need  3 strikers minimum. Moving forward, to have 3 strikers of that level plus Idah (especially when we like to play with 2 up front), who may well come good, is crucial in my opinion

21 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I can assure you lots do! But hey it’s up to the government to say and that’s what’s been used, yet officially it’s it’s still Czech Republic.

Anyhow whether I and other I know want it or not it was a bit of tongue in cheek to Purple!

And technically he should still say Czech striker as Czechia is the country not the native….