cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Saints V Canaries*

5 mins added, but Everton and Brighton HT whistle on 46 mins, confused re extra time added

Just now, pete said:

5 mins added, but Everton and Brighton HT whistle on 46 mins, confused re extra time added

Exactly as I thought it would be, it won’t be applied by all refs, in our first home game we had hardly any stoppage time compare to the rest of the league

Some header by Rowe. If we can be more solid in possession and really put pressure on their back four we will get something out of this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pete said:

There were no goals in those matches. No celebrations, no added time for it.

Extraordinary events! Of course we may still end up losing but I thought before kick off that with the recent exodus leaving Saint Marys, this could be a 'good time to play them' 

Just now, yellowrider120 said:

Extraordinary events! Of course we may still end up losing but I thought before kick off that with the recent exodus leaving Saint Marys, this could be a 'good time to play them' 

I mean I was thinking prior to the match I would be happy with a boring 0-0 or 1-1 draw..

Blimey.

Feels like a good time to play Southampton - they look extremely dodgy at the back. As do we, obviously. Really frustrating to concede two goals like that. Wouldn't mind so much if they'd opened us up with their tiki-taka, but it's just more defensive errors. But we're obviously causing them problems too, which is great to see.

Lovely, lovely goal by Sara. Enjoy him while you can. Final score could be absolutely anything.

Good pacey football. We look dangerous every time we attack. It certainly helps having two up front. Saints have to keep a man deep to cover allowing Gabby and Kenny a bit of room. JR is having a great start to the season and the confidence is there to see.

• Like 1

Rowe, Rowe, Rowe your boat
Gently down the stream
Get the ball into his feet
And make defenders scream!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Onel off for Fassnacht surely 

He isn't delivering the final ball but he is causing chaos at the back for them. I would leave him on for now anyway.

10 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He scores with his feet, he scores with his head..

...if you're away for the weekend, he'll score in your bed!

Johnny! Johnny Rowwwwe!

Johnny! Johnny Rowwwwe!

I'll settle for a 7-5 win.

OTBC