Oh dear. 

It says it all when a centre half is sunstituted on 70 minutes because he is a liability. 

Does anyone know when his contract expires? 

Drop him. Such an uninspirational player, and prone to frequent goal-giving lapses. Omo will only improve and increase his value given game time whilst Gibson who is apparently one of the highest paid players on the books has nevertheless become a liability.

Edited by BroadstairsR

He was most definitely our weakest link today. Our only weak link, I'd say.

Delap put himself on Gibson all game and won the battle hands down. After Gibson was booked, he was scared to engage in any battle out of fear of being turned and/or getting involved in a grappling match and picking up a second yellow. As a result, Delap was allowed to either control the ball and lay it off, or turn without much fight being put up to stop him. 

I'm guessing Wagner noticed this, which was the reason for the substitution.

• Like 4

We desperately need CBs in the squad, I can’t see Gibson leaving, although Omobalidele must have played himself into the team.

Gibson had a difficult game today but I don't think he was to blame for the goal.

• Like 5

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

He was most definitely our weakest link today. Our only weak link, I'd say.

Delap put himself on Gibson all game and won the battle hands down. After Gibson was booked, he was scared to engage in any battle out of fear of being turned and/or getting involved in a grappling match and picking up a second yellow. As a result, Delap was allowed to either control the ball and lay it off, or turn without much fight being put up to stop him. 

I'm guessing Wagner noticed this, which was the reason for the substitution.

Almost gave the ball away again 2nd half with another sloppy touch in the 2nd half. 

Thank goodness for Gibson and Duffy, without them making errors, the Pink 'Un legends would have nothing to post about other than Mumba's cracker.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Liability today, got in the way of Duffy (who looks like the CB we have needed for about 10 years!) to allow Rory Delaps nipper to score with I think Hull's only shot.

Yup Gibson was rubbish. So was Sarge. Hernandez stunk the place out. 

This is more like it lads! I was feeling much too happy about winning a game. 

And what about those new lights and the women’s World Cup? Do me a favour. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, daly said:

Well Duffy not much better

Jesus Wept........... Go watch cricket cos some of you guys clearly dont understand football. 

"EEEE dint score a ghoul Neal e must be craaape"

9 minutes ago, daly said:

Well Duffy not much better

I'd say it was a 50-50 for the mix-up that led to the Hull goal, but Duffy generally looked pretty assured aside from that and was a threat at attacking set pieces.

11 minutes ago, Ian said:

Thank goodness for Gibson and Duffy, without them making errors, the Pink 'Un legends would have nothing to post about other than Mumba's cracker.

I too get annoyed at the constant negativity and scapegoating that happens on here, but I think the criticism of Gibson's performance today is justified.

If we are going to have to play him regularly this season it’s going to be a problem. There is certainly no way we should be starting him ahead of Andy and I think we need to have a rethink about selling the latter if that is still the plan. 

Am I missing something or did we lose badly? I thought we had had a great game with lots of chances and exciting play.

But no. Apparently Gibson had a stinker. And is getting the blame for the goal. So Duffy's careless pass that hit a retreating Gibson was in fact Gibson's fault.

Obviously there is another dimension where there was a City game that people were happy with.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Oh dear. 

It says it all when a centre half is sunstituted on 70 minutes because he is a liability. 

Does anyone know when his contract expires? 

Are you grumpy as well as a bad dog tonight, dylan?

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Am I missing something or did we lose badly? I thought we had had a great game with lots of chances and exciting play.

But no. Apparently Gibson had a stinker. And is getting the blame for the goal. So Duffy's careless pass that hit a retreating Gibson was in fact Gibson's fault.

Obviously there is another dimension where there was a City game that people were happy with.

I got absolutely soaked walking back to the car after the game. Luckily that really gave me something to moan about. 

• Haha 1

He struggled with Delap but the goal was not his fault and he wasn't that bad. He was subbed as he was on a yellow card. Deserves to keep his spot for the next game IMHO. 

• Like 2

Duffy has now made bad mistakes in 4 of the 8 games he has played, two of which led to goals against and two which could easily have led to goals against. But we can't criticise him apparently. It's Gibson's fault when he screws up.

It was actually Duffy who stuffed up for the goal, but both he and Gibson clearly got drawn out of position by the fast and agile Delap - Andy looked his usual composed self when he came on - we clearly need to keep him

I seem to be about the only one on here who rates Gibson. Duffy equally at fault for the goal (but was excellent for rest of game).

They need time as a pair but think they’d be as good as any cb pairing in the championship.

i honestly think Gibson is better than Omo. He looks more composed and classy mainly because he hangs around the edge of the game rather than getting stuck in. Sure many won’t agree but watch him in the game and you’ll see he al ways defers to other team mates defenders and also sits off the opposition way too much.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Jesus Wept........... Go watch cricket cos some of you guys clearly dont understand football. 

"EEEE dint score a ghoul Neal e must be craaape"

If you were at the game you would have seen whose fault it was

Easy to blame Gibson but Duffy made the initial mistake 

1 minute ago, daly said:

If you were at the game you would have seen whose fault it was

Easy to blame Gibson but Duffy made the initial mistake 

I was there you idiot.  

Am I missing something? Sensible decision to sub him when he didn't look totally comfortable and on a yellow card, which was harsh, and Stroud was dishing out Yellows like confetti. DUFFY faffing around for their goal.

Hull had two shots, one a spawny goal the 2nd a great save from Gunn. Apart from that our defence looked pretty solid.

We should have been out of sight by halftime.

Edited by Capt. Pants

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I was there you idiot.  

Why idiot 

Because I don’t agree with your statement 

Grow up

15 minutes ago, daly said:

Why idiot 

Because I don’t agree with your statement 

Grow up

Because you used the most pathetic implication that because I disagreed with you I obviously wasn't at the game.

Grow up.

Edited by Nexus_Canary

Their goal was a defensive **** up from both cbs,  far too close together and Gibson failed to either make an angle for a pass or get out of the way to enable a pass back to gunn, leading to duffy dithering.  Poor comms that should improve with time.

Primarily Duffys fault but Gibson too easily dismissed by delap which was a repeated story all game.

We looked better when omo came on hopefully he will start with duffy next week.  

• Like 1

Neither CB singularly at fault. Duffy didn’t act decisively enough and Gibson was too close to him and effectively blocked off the sage pass to Gunn.

But a single mistake that didn’t cost us 3 points, these things will improve with time.

I am very curious how we’re supposed to be generating interest and a higher price by keeping Omo (and Max) on the bench.

2 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Neither CB singularly at fault. Duffy didn’t act decisively enough and Gibson was too close to him and effectively blocked off the sage pass to Gunn.

But a single mistake that didn’t cost us 3 points, these things will improve with time.

I am very curious how we’re supposed to be generating interest and a higher price by keeping Omo (and Max) on the bench.

With Max - the interest has already been generated I think. He is off.