Sign in to follow this  
Bomber

Max Aarons

He won’t be here in September 

EDIT: If the buying club match his valuation which the club are holding out for 

Edited by Yobocop

Just now, Yobocop said:

You were confident that he wouldnt be here for the 1st day of the season. 

2 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

If he is still here in September does he walk straight back into the team ?

Is it Stacey at RB ?

1 minute ago, percy varco said:

You were confident that he wouldnt be here for the 1st day of the season. 

Yes indeed haha! currently wiping egg of my face… 

8 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

EDIT: If the buying club match his valuation which the club are holding out for 

Weren’t Roma meant to be buying him?

25 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Nothing more classy than bypassing the swear filter.

Real men use stars.

**** yourself you ******* ****

Like that?

23 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Yes indeed haha! currently wiping egg of my face… 

Great reply. If its not Sept we should agree Christmas

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

If he is still here in September does he walk straight back into the team ?

Depends if Stacey is any good in real games. We need competition for places and I'm not sure we really have that in any position.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, percy varco said:

Great reply. If its not Sept we should agree Christmas

Haha unless he signs a new deal then it’ll defo be next season! 

4 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Weren’t Roma meant to be buying him?

Yes according to my source however last time we spoke he said two champ clubs and three prem clubs were in for him but club (Webber) were holding out for asking price 

that’s not to say Roma deal off but given my source has changed his story I would guess it is 

• Like 1

Im on the sauce tonight! Does that count? It’ll be Southampton for £8 million with add ons to take it up to £15 million. As I said my sauce is Souther Comfort 😂😂

Edited by Indy
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Bomber said:

All this talk about whether Aarons will be leaving or not I just can’t see him going anywhere - there has been no solid bids for him and we have only seen where clubs are maybe interested (ie, Southampton) - if any club does want him then maybe they will submit a derisory bid on the pretence he is available on a free at the end of the season but I really cannot see anything happening - may be proved wrong we shall see - is he good enough to see any club really commit 

He will be gone by end of August probably sooner. 

13 hours ago, Bomber said:

All this talk about whether Aarons will be leaving or not I just can’t see him going anywhere - there has been no solid bids for him and we have only seen where clubs are maybe interested (ie, Southampton) - if any club does want him then maybe they will submit a derisory bid on the pretence he is available on a free at the end of the season but I really cannot see anything happening - may be proved wrong we shall see - is he good enough to see any club really commit 

How do you know what bids have been made. Are the club required to tell you. Neither are you privvy to who is interested, either. The club knew Aarons was off this summer. Perhaps a clue was Aarons saying so as well.  But maybe you have a point. Who would be interested in a player who had just won the European U21 trophy. A player who demonstrated that he can play at left or right. I mean it's not like we have signed any replacements.... appart from Stacy and Fisher that is.

And It's not like Aarons has not been a part of the pre season friendlies. Actually, he's not played at all. Some might think that is a bit of a clue. But hey, as no other player for any club is ever signed in the last 4 weeks of the transfer window then he is with us until next June. Yep, that's it. He is staying, so hand back that shirt Stacey.

• Like 1

Unless he signs a new contract I can only see him warming the bench this month, if that. We all know the club intends to sell him this summer, so they will want to concentrate on playing without him in the team - it's the whole reason why he didn't participate in pre-season (likewise with Rashica)

56 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

Unless he signs a new contract I can only see him warming the bench this month, if that. We all know the club intends to sell him this summer, so they will want to concentrate on playing without him in the team - it's the whole reason why he didn't participate in pre-season (likewise with Rashica)

And having stated they fully expect him to leave this summer, they don't want to risk playing him and he suffers an injury, as that would scupper everyone's plans.

He won't play for us until the window closes

Webbers words were Aarons had outgrown the club ,

i thought that was a strange thing to say if you are building a team ,

but to me that sounds like maybe his Agents demands have outgrown the wage structure ,

so he has to go as we need a fee and a new contract will not be signed and can not allow him to leave on a free 

2 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Webbers words were Aarons had outgrown the club ,

i thought that was a strange thing to say if you are building a team ,

but to me that sounds like maybe his Agents demands have outgrown the wage structure ,

so he has to go as we need a fee and a new contract will not be signed and can not allow him to leave on a free 

It came across as sincere to me. Aarons has been a proper workhorse and filled whatever role the managers have asked of him with a consistently great work rate.

He's had a few detracting comments today on the back of good performances by newcomers, but they still have a lot to prove beyond one good game; Aaron's doesn't have to prove anything as far as I'm concerned. As they say, form comes and goes, but class is permanent. Aarons has class.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

It came across as sincere to me. Aarons has been a proper workhorse and filled whatever role the managers have asked of him with a consistently great work rate.

He's had a few detracting comments today on the back of good performances by newcomers, but they still have a lot to prove beyond one good game; Aaron's doesn't have to prove anything as far as I'm concerned. As they say, form comes and goes, but class is permanent. Aarons has class.

oh i agree model professional and fantastic player

maybe the out grown club comment he wants a new challenge ,

After the he is a model pro he has shown that he deserves to be given that chance 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

So, Stacey looked like a complete upgrade on our max today..... 

🤷

Absolutely - as good going forward, better defending. His height makes a difference in this league.

51 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Max still has plenty to prove. Model professional but has undoubtedly stagnated in the last two seasons. I hope he gets the move he deserves and can kick on to reach his full potential. 

13 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Max still has plenty to prove. Model professional but has undoubtedly stagnated in the last two seasons. I hope he gets the move he deserves and can kick on to reach his full potential. 

Hard to look good in a team that collectively isn't doing the business.

Even then consistently one of the better performers.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

13 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Wonder who is in for him ? He must want the move as soon as possible

If City can squeeze anything near £10m for Max it will be good business. I doubt there’s that many suitors mind otherwise he’d be long gone by now. 

On 04/08/2023 at 18:22, Indy said:

Im on the sauce tonight! Does that count? It’ll be Southampton for £8 million with add ons to take it up to £15 million. As I said my sauce is Souther Comfort 😂😂

Is that further south than Southern Comfort then @Indy lol

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Jesus... 2 posts in a row 
Agreed totally.

When Stacey cut in and blasted the ball over the bar, have to admit I said out loud "Max would have had that one!"

Edited by Nexus_Canary
  • Thanks 1

Max now on Talksport speaking to Jim White.

Saying he's loving every second at Bournemouth, new boss is great and looking to improve under him.

Asked if head turned with talk of Barca (etc.) while here and said it was hard to blank out but felt he done well to stick to the job at hand. 

He said that Bournemouth spoke with his agent end of last season, so approach wasn't out of the blue and had been brewing beforehand - stepped up when new manager came in.

Aiming to get in to Southgate's plans with good performances at prem league level.