1 minute ago, Badger said:

There is a counter argument suggesting that we should not let him go at all on the grounds that he is better than Onel, Rowe and Sainz, which I suspect would be the consensus opinion around most of Europe.

Indeed, and I think that argument could have some validity. It is a separate argument, though; I'm simply pointing out the absurdity of Lakey's prior standpoint.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:
2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Yeah, maybe, but my sentiment is that we should cut our losses. Each week he remains, he is costing us what....£30k?  Over just the last two months of speculation, that's around a quarter of a million pounds. If they want him that badly they would have upped their offer by now - and they have made an offer - so let him go. If they are playing hardball and we are playing hardball, then the likely outcome is that neither club will give in and he will stay, giving us prolonged drain on our resources in wages which he is not earning.

They've already made us an offer, even though it's a lot lower than our valuation of the player. So why on earth would you even countenance letting him go for free? Selling him on the cheap might be an acceptable outcome in the circumstances, but releasing him on a free is utter insanity.

Surely you know how the transfer game works better than that? If we desperately don't want him here, and he desperately doesn't want to be here, we'll cut a deal. It's just brinksmanship until that point, it happens all the time.

If there is an offer, fair enough. If Gala want him, let them have him. A long drawn out deal doesn't help anyone.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

If there is an offer, fair enough. If Gala want him, let them have him. A long drawn out deal doesn't help anyone.

But it's still a better outcome than giving him away for free, which is what you suggested originally. If your standpoint is that we should accept their current highest bid, that's different to forgoing several million pounds by just cutting him loose!

21 minutes ago, Badger said:

There is a counter argument suggesting that we should not let him go at all on the grounds that he is better than Onel, Rowe and Sainz, which I suspect would be the consensus opinion around most of Europe.

That's my opinion too (Other than Sainz who I'm yet to see, of course). 

If they won't pay what he's valued at then he stays here, simple as that.   If he then wants to sulk for several years and ruin his own career, that's up to him.

We've lost many more millions in players through poor performances, I don't see why you'd allow a player that raises that average to walk out on the cheap whilst still in contract.

Edited by Google Bot

It has been suggested, and I think where we are at the moment, the following is the most likely out-turn.

Rashica will buy out his contract, Gala will sign him and recompense him with a large signing on fee.

Not quite "cricket", but it is getting more common in modern football.

Not sure whether the agents get more or less out of these two transactions than a straightforward transfer. I would guess the former ... 😞 

9 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

It has been suggested, and I think where we are at the moment, the following is the most likely out-turn.

Rashica will buy out his contract, Gala will sign him and recompense him with a large signing on fee.

Not quite "cricket", but it is getting more common in modern football.

Not sure whether the agents get more or less out of these two transactions than a straightforward transfer. I would guess the former ... 😞 

I have no idea about this tbh, but don't we also buy (fixed term lease is probably more accurate) his player registration?

I recall examples of young kids quitting football at say 16, then reigniting their interest at say 17, and the original club demanding a fee for the player.

I have said before that the amount of the offer may not be the main stumbling block as I believe at the end of the day Gala would squeeze a bit more and Webber would consider that sufficient. 

The terms of the deal offered may not be to City's liking as it could be that it consists of instalments over a period of time. NCFC need the monies now.

Of course this is guesswork, but there is no way we would want to hang onto this player, and we need funds now to make necessary signings. Before now actually.

He was probably never worth what we paid for him in the first place. He showed glimpses of class in the early days but was quite hopeless overall. Succeeding in the Turkish league at his age is no great achievement. I am also guessing that, should another club make a slightly improved offer with instant payment then Webber would bite.

The last thing we want is this dissident player on our payroll for much longer, especially since hearing these reports of his desire to be as rid of us as we are of him. He exhibited his self-centred mind-set in the few games he "played" for us in the Championship. An unprofessional and the complete opposite to the likes of Sargent, Onel and others who do not believe that they are better than the club and always give their all.

Bottom line. Webber is deluded if he thinks he can get anywhere near what he paid for Rashica in the first place.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Badger said:

I know that you are joking (exaggerating for effect) here, but one for the lawyers here - could this, or something similar (U18s, U21s), constitute constructive dismissal?

That did basically happen with Goran Pandev at Lazio, so there is a precedent of sorts:

Screenshot_20230802-122341.png

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

That's a really bizarre attitude. Players instigating a move is one thing and happens all the while, but you can't have them effectively dictating the transfer fee as well. Are we going to do that with Andy O and Max as well just so they can be happy and further their careers? That would destroy 'selling clubs' such as ourselves.

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Apart from the legal issue, I find the similarities/ differences with the Emi situation very interesting. Obviously, Emi was a much better player and someone that we were much more upset about losing, but despite the contract having time to run (I put that in especially for you KC 😃) the risks of forcing a player to meet his contractual obligations are self-evident if he really, really wants to go.

I don't think there are many similarities. There isn't any great desire from the club to keep Rashica and selling him wouldn't exactly hurt our squad being as he hasn't been a part of it for a year.

It seems the club and player are both agreed that he's better moving on. Where we differ is that we clearly want as much money as possible and thus an open market while he wants a specific club. In an ideal world Galatasary meet our asking price and everyone gets what they want but they clearly will try and use the players desire to move to pay less.

It'll be interesting to see what happens if the club keeps rejecting bids from Gala but accept them from other clubs. Does he hold out, do we get a game of deadline day brinksmanship? What might benefit Galatasary is that their window doesn't close until September 15th. So if Rashica refuses to negotiate with other clubs in Europe, their windows will shut and we'll only have them to negotiate with.

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

HOW DO YOU DO NESTED QUOTES?? It one of the few features of the old message board I miss.

IMG_0053.jpeg

2 hours ago, Google Bot said:

That's my opinion too (Other than Sainz who I'm yet to see, of course). 

If they won't pay what he's valued at then he stays here, simple as that.   If he then wants to sulk for several years and ruin his own career, that's up to him.

We've lost many more millions in players through poor performances, I don't see why you'd allow a player that raises that average to walk out on the cheap whilst still in contract.

He signed a deal for multiple years knowing there was a good chance of relegation 

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

HOW DO YOU DO NESTED QUOTES?? It one of the few features of the old message board I miss.

Use the mouse on your laptop or pc and highlight both quotes at the same time and you will see a "quote" box which you click on. Not sure it can be done using  a phone.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:
7 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Use the mouse on your laptop or pc and highlight both quotes at the same time and you will see a "quote" box which you click on. Not sure it can be done using  a phone.

Just tried on an iPad, it does work. Hopefully the same on my phone. Thanks! 🙏 

I know some clubs in Norway don't sell to clubs in Turkey  if they don't pay the hole fee upfront when the player leave.  

If Gala is not trustworthy ore don't want to pay what he cost then sell him to another club, ore start playing him

6 minutes ago, Olano said:

I know some clubs in Norway don't sell to clubs in Turkey  if they don't pay the hole fee upfront when the player leave.  

If Gala is not trustworthy ore don't want to pay what he cost then sell him to another club, ore start playing him

Ore blimey

25 minutes ago, Olano said:

Wouldn't surprise me, the tactics being used to get him have been pretty low, his agent over there who is a Gala fan, their president and all the people talking on his behalf say how he doesn't want to be here and only wants to be with them.

If you read any quotes from Milot himself, it's much more rounded what he says in regards to his future.   Not saying he doesn't want out, but people need to be careful to see where the quotes come from.

Same as this thread, the guy spoken to at the airport played with him once in Germany, that does not mean he knows what's going on or has personally spoken to Rashica to know that he won't play for us.... It may just be more conjecture with a Gala bias?!

Don't even know who the player is, infact, is it Abdülkerim Bardakcı?

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

Maybe Gala need to win tonight to get extra champions league money to pay for him but Zaha going there must cloud it a bit for him 

i do not know Rashica but looks like he does not want to be here ,

he was loaned out last season when we really needed him ,

i doubt we would be selling him for a loss if he said he was happy to stay and fight for a place here and help us up , 

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

i doubt we would be selling him for a loss if he said he was happy to stay and fight for a place here and help us up

Just because he wants to play for a large club like Gala does not mean he refuses to play for us.  I don't know why people jump at these kind of conclusions. 

Of course his priority is not to stay and fight for a place in the championship, that should be obvious.  Only an ardent City supporter would chose this club over the chance of playing champions league football to a 50k home crowd.

Secondly the club are probably as desperate for him to go to bring the cash in and free up wage bill as he could cost 10x a week (?!) vs someone like Rowe.

It's what happens if we don't accept the pisstake offers and underhand tactics that are being used to unsettle him currently that matters.  People suggesting he refuses to play? I'm not so sure about that personally.

Came here in the prem under farke, next summer it's with dumb and dumber with a very negative squad vibe, no surprise he sought a leave,  its what most footballers do if they can.   

I'm pretty sure he is, and we are,  still expecting him to leave.

Don't expect him to be on the bench this weekend, nor Aarons tbh who, unconnected, I think was in nandos on Riverside this evening.

15 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Just because he wants to play for a large club like Gala does not mean he refuses to play for us.  I don't know why people jump at these kind of conclusions. 

Of course his priority is not to stay and fight for a place in the championship, that should be obvious.  Only an ardent City supporter would chose this club over the chance of playing champions league football to a 50k home crowd.

Secondly the club are probably as desperate for him to go to bring the cash in and free up wage bill as he could cost 10x a week (?!) vs someone like Rowe.

It's what happens if we don't accept the pisstake offers and underhand tactics that are being used to unsettle him currently that matters.  People suggesting he refuses to play? I'm not so sure about that personally.

i understand your point , i agree about the money side of things the club will sell anyone i feel ,

all players want to play as high as possible Rashica will be no different,

he could of said Norwich took a chance on me i will repay them with another year , (every player is different )

maybe a bit like Emi did ( not sure if that's the case but left after he got us up )

but he has not really been playing out of his skin since he got here ,

the club gave him a chance to play in England that he wanted  on the money he wanted ,

some players would not jump at the first sight of a different club after we went down ,i have a feeling he did ,

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

he could of said Norwich took a chance on me i will repay them with another year

He has said it's unfair to comment on the subject, so probably considered fans from both sides.  Everything else that has come out have been words from his rep in Turkey who's an ex Gala player - not in anyway neutral, and not his usual agent that he had in Germany and for us.

I think the other big issue here is that he has a lot of good memories there this past season, walking on the pitch with his kids and parading the cup.  In contrast he's not experienced many happy moments with us, got battered by our own fans on social media throughout the season, too.

So, honestly, I wouldn't expect him to stick his neck out and say that it's his duty to repay us.  As I said before, what matters is how he reacts if the club don't take the lower offer.  Doubt we'll find out though, Gala know we're wanting the money, and they know he wants to go back.

Biggest mistake, in my eyes, was letting him and Tzolis walk away under Smith and thinking that Rowe and Springett were suitable enough to bounce back.  If we just refused offers at that point, and had a coach who could get him switched on things may have been different.  But hey, we can't change the past.

On 02/08/2023 at 09:53, Badger said:

I know that you are joking (exaggerating for effect) here, but one for the lawyers here - could this, or something similar (U18s, U21s), constitute constructive dismissal?

I am not a lawyer, total guess here, I assume it depends on what his stance is/has been, what he/his agent has said to NCFC and whether any of that has been recorded (I do not mean literally). If Rashica has stated he will never play for us again/refuses to play to force through a move (in the same way Gareth Bale behaved) then I would assume we could just let him run his contract down. I also assume if he has refused to play he could be considered in breach of his contract. If he is that desperate to move he could buy his contract out.  Whatever the situation I would have thought it best all round if we cut our losses and sold him for whatever we can get for him to get him out of the club and get his wages off the balance sheet.........

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Google Bot said:

He has said it's unfair to comment on the subject, so probably considered fans from both sides.  Everything else that has come out have been words from his rep in Turkey who's an ex Gala player - not in anyway neutral, and not his usual agent that he had in Germany and for us.

I think the other big issue here is that he has a lot of good memories there this past season, walking on the pitch with his kids and parading the cup.  In contrast he's not experienced many happy moments with us, got battered by our own fans on social media throughout the season, too.

So, honestly, I wouldn't expect him to stick his neck out and say that it's his duty to repay us.  As I said before, what matters is how he reacts if the club don't take the lower offer.  Doubt we'll find out though, Gala know we're wanting the money, and they know he wants to go back.

Biggest mistake, in my eyes, was letting him and Tzolis walk away under Smith and thinking that Rowe and Springett were suitable enough to bounce back.  If we just refused offers at that point, and had a coach who could get him switched on things may have been different.  But hey, we can't change the past.

Yes well put i can see your point ,

his happy times have not been here for sure recently ,

i totally agree as well about Rashica and Tzolis should never have been allowed to leave ,

So strange how two highly rated players came here but we have not seen much of them both in a yellow shirt ,

which is a shame .. for any signing but for two of the most expensive signings something was not right 

12 hours ago, ZLF said:

Aarons tbh who, unconnected, I think was in nandos on Riverside this evening.

Obviously not bothering with a weekly shop, so as eating out as knows he is off! 😉 

32 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

If he is that desperate to move he could buy his contract out.  

This is the key point here. I don't think he is that desperate to leave, it is fairly straightforward to have done this earlier.

He is at 27 probably guaranteed a start place for his country wherever he plays, even if the U21's at Norwich. He's on good money (probably still on EPL equivalent salary - I don't believe he will have signed for us with a relegation clause). He's quite happy to stay here and take the money (a la Naismith?), hence all the noise from Wagner of trying to make him a valuable part of the squad and the club holding out for as much money as they can make.

• Like 1

Pretty sure Rashica is desperate to leave. He knows we need to sell as do Gala so club doing their best to get an acceptable fee.

be nice to get it done with and use some of the money.

49 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Obviously not bothering with a weekly shop, so as eating out as knows he is off! 😉 

This is the key point here. I don't think he is that desperate to leave, it is fairly straightforward to have done this earlier.

He is at 27 probably guaranteed a start place for his country wherever he plays, even if the U21's at Norwich. He's on good money (probably still on EPL equivalent salary - I don't believe he will have signed for us with a relegation clause). He's quite happy to stay here and take the money (a la Naismith?), hence all the noise from Wagner of trying to make him a valuable part of the squad and the club holding out for as much money as they can make.

If he stays and i doubt he will , we have to do everything we can to get him playing again ,

Because potentially he could be one of our best attackers if he is settled and playing to the standard he can ,

i think he will move having said that ,

it will be how much we owe to his former club in installments that we have to pay once he  is sold that webber will want Gala to pay as the first installment i imagine  ,

On 02/08/2023 at 09:48, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I suspect , as with last season, the Turkish transfer window is still open after ours shuts, so they know they have us over a barrel if we want the money to reinvest in this window

Like we're going to reinvest it in the squad! That money's earmarked to plug the financial black hole...

At best I reckon if he goes it might mean we get some Premier youngster on loan.