That's it ncfc get rid of one of out better players 😏😏😏

Screenshot_20230721_120816_com.android.chrome.jpg

Already being heavily discussed in the transfer thread.

Its a total pisstake. First Wagner demanding he be played out of position as a right back against what Mumba had said about being a winger and after the great time he had as a winger at Plymouth and now this.

Very odd.

• Like 1

Lots of weird blind loyalty to Webber and the club going on on this forum. Every fan with a brain should be aghast selling this lad. It’s a further indictment of 1 win in the last 11 Wagner. The fact he can’t see the talent in the lad to the degree that we are going to sell him speaks volumes about the problems we face. 
Plymouth will be a rival at this rate. 

• Like 1

I know two Argyle season ticket holders at our Golf Club and both were surprised he got their POTS. They said yes he could get forward and did score some goals but as a defender he went missing up the pitch.

Lets not get carried away with the fact that one of ours caught the eye in L1. We are looking to improve, not stay still and Mumba was unlikely to get in a team that looks as though it will play four at the back.

And if we get money for him then we can send that on someone elses wages.

If he comes back to haunt us then thats life.

Edited by keelansgrandad
  • Like 12

4 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

I mean, we have Jack Stacey and Kellen Fisher there already ahead of him. He was operating in league one last season.

Stacey will be our right back when Max goes. Mumba is most effective left side. Both of our left full backs are ****e. As are our left wing options. 

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

I know two Argyle season ticket holders at our Golf Club and both were surprised he got their POTS. They said yes he could get forward and di score some goals but as a defender he went missing up the pitch.

Lets not get carried away with the fact that one of ours caught the eye in L1. We are looking to improve, not stay still and Mumba was unlikely to get in a team that looks as though it will play four at the back.

And if we get money for him then we can send that on someone elses wages.

If he comes back to haunt us then thats life.

Why not use him left wing though? Especially as Sainz is injured. As you’ve said - he was better deployed higher up the pitch 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

I mean, we have Jack Stacey and Kellen Fisher there already ahead of him. He was operating in league one last season.

Errrm...what league was Fisher opperating in last season?

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Not sure why this is creating such up roar on here.

Yes he had a very good season in league one but I'm not convinced he is up to the standard we need for the Championship. Certainly not as a full back where I dont think he has the required defensive capabilities or the physique. 

He came to us from Sunderland I think and was struggling to get in there team in league one and was sent on loan.

Stacey looks like an excellent signing and I expect Mumba is pushing for the move because he wants to play first team football and not just be a temp stand in at wing or full back.

It could be one we live to regret but for me it seems unfair on him not to let him go to Plymouth

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Its a total pisstake. First Wagner demanding he be played out of position as a right back against what Mumba had said about being a winger and after the great time he had as a winger at Plymouth and now this.

Very odd.

Never stopped you making a new thread though

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Not sure why this is creating such up roar on here.

Yes he had a very good season in league one but I'm not convinced he is up to the standard we need for the Championship. Certainly not as a full back where I dont think he has the required defensive capabilities or the physique. 

He came to us from Sunderland I think and was struggling to get in there team in league one and was sent on loan.

Stacey looks like an excellent signing and I expect Mumba is pushing for the move because he wants to play first team football and not just be a temp stand in at wing or full back.

It could be one we live to regret but for me it seems unfair on him not to let him go to Plymouth

Stacey will be right side. We should be looking at playing Mumba left back or left wing. We are weak in either. And it’s where he performed best for Plymouth 

It's a curious one.  I get he has defensive limitations that haven't improved in a couple of seasons on loan.   What he does have is an attacking threat, creativity and an eye for a goal, which isn't something we can associate with our current set of fit midfielders.

if we were in for him based upon young league one player of the season we would be excited by spending money on him. 

He will be gone, so we can only hope that we spend it on adding some much needed creativity to the midfield / attack, preferably with pace and a willingness to press hard it could work in our favour.   That's starting to feel like blind hope though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ZLF said:

if we were in for him based upon young league one player of the season we would be excited by spending money on him. 

i said that in another thread

we would be saying great potential good signing for future etc  

i really can not see why the club are selling players with potential 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, S_81 said:

. The fact he can’t see the talent in the lad to the degree that we are going to sell him speaks volumes about the problems we face

Perhaps Wagner can see talent in Mumba, but Wagner/Webber realise we really need some creativity injected into our team & with Stacey & Fisher covering our right back position, they might be willing to sacrifice Mumba for the bigger picture. 

• Like 2

Was always seen as a cheap acquisition we could (except Plymouth did) develop and sell on for a profit.

That's part of our modus operandi now.

May well be the same with Fisher and Forsyth...and more.

Colney is a factory developing players for other clubs-like lots of other academies.

Man City have just sold a goalkeeper who was never going to play for them for nearly £20,000,000. Job done as far as their academy is concerned.

Job done for ours if we sell Mumba for nearly £1,000,000, it won't be too far off that I suspect. Profit made, move onto the next one-Hills this time next year probably.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Old Shuck said:

Was always seen as a cheap acquisition we could (except Plymouth did) develop and sell on for a profit.

Colney is a factory developing players for other clubs-like lots of other academies.

Man City have just sold a goalkeeper who was never going to play for them for nearly £20,000,000. Job done as far as their academy is concerned.

Job done for ours if we sell Mumba for nearly £1,000,000, it won't be too far off that I suspect. Profit made, move onto the next one-Hills this time next year probably.

Difference is Man City get stronger,  our squad is getting weaker. He was the Young Player of the Season in a league only a few places away from us. 

I guess as only one of a few potential players other clubs want (after all the Buendia etc money wasted) we have no choice if we want to address the all too obvious weakness in assists and goals.

• Like 2

Another feature could be his height.   The three signings we have made give us a much stronger aerial presence (6'5, 5'11 at the back, 6'1 up front).  wagner saw aarons targeted at the back post last season and mumba is much shorter and didn't want to repeat that? 

• Like 2

So we are crying out for creativity/ Mumba was amongst the most creative in his league last year playing a little further forward, so instead of playing to his strength we are going to hand him for peanuts to a relegation rival. I have no words. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Very odd.

You appear to want us to change our formation to accommodate one player.  We are, as usual, favouring a flat back 4, which we have almost always done, whereas Mumba played as a wingback at Plymouth. It means that whilst he looked good (at a lower level) but would quite reasonably struggle for games here. That being the case, it’s far from a ‘pisstake’, but good for the player, though I’d have preferred another loan.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Top corner said:

Perhaps Wagner can see talent in Mumba, but Wagner/Webber realise we really need some creativity injected into our team & with Stacey & Fisher covering our right back position, they might be willing to sacrifice Mumba for the bigger picture. 

Well let’s hope their is a bigger picture in terms of reinvesting the cash raised 

1 hour ago, Old Shuck said:

Yep, and James Trafford did excellently at Bolton. As a Canary living there, let's make one thing clear - Bolton fans bloody loved him. They've maximised what they think they can get for him on the back of a superb season and made almost £20m off the back of it.

This with Mumba is the same on a lower scale. Main difference is that he'd be going back to the club where he really got his start as a regular League player.

Edited by TheGunnShow

3 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

So we are crying out for creativity/ Mumba was amongst the most creative in his league last year playing a little further forward, so instead of playing to his strength we are going to hand him for peanuts to a relegation rival. I have no words. 

And the weird happy clappers on this forum applaud the move without even knowing the fee. Further evidence of the expectation demise of our fan base. 

I will reserve judgement based on incoming players. I wonder whether the interest in those two brazilians we were linked with are two players likely to be coming in. I recall one was a winger wasnt he? Another defender? I would say if we dont hear on any incomings today, it will be early next week.

Surely Mumba as a right winger would be a valuable tool to have in the war chest? If Wagner is happy with Tzolis, Placheta, Argos then we have an issue as they are all left wingers. Unless we're playing to play Josh out of position each week again 🙃

Just now, AJ said:

Surely Mumba as a right winger would be a valuable tool to have in the war chest? If Wagner is happy with Tzolis, Placheta, Argos then we have an issue as they are all left wingers. Unless we're playing to play Josh out of position each week again 🙃

Mumba is also better than all of those left wing options. And played his best football on Plymouth’s left wing 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Justin time said:

Let’s hope this does not come back to bite us in the bumba!

You just know if we do sell him he will score against us and shush our fans.

Knowing how medicare our team is and 1 competitive win in 11 wouldn't be too surprised if Plymouth end up finishing this season in a better leauge position than us 🙃

Just maybe it is Mumba that wants this move and is doing the pushing. Clearly he had a guaranteed first team spot at Plymouth for the first time in his career. He has come back to Norwich and it looks from the outside that he is on the fringes of the first team plus we are not even going to play wing backs his preferred position. So maybe he thinks nah I don’t fancy being a bit part player when I can be a first team regular at Plymouth. When there are no guarantees at Norwich.

• Like 4