For some reason in the photos the yellow is less bright and I prefer that. Like it in general but would like to see it in the flesh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrdi said:

Dear oh dear. It’s an abomination. 

IMG_4525.jpeg

I think I prefer yours!

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

For some reason in the photos the yellow is less bright and I prefer that. Like it in general but would like to see it in the flesh.

Well, we get to see it in action tommorow

1 minute ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

That is a shocker. Especially after last year's was so nice.

You can tell the geniuses in the marketing divison saw how popular last years kit was and went

'Well, that kit has stripes and they loved it soooo..'

• Like 1

They had material left over from last year and just went. We can just put the stripes horizontal instead of vertical!

It's yellow, it's green, it's polyester, it's overpriced and it's only going to be here for a year...same as last year, same as next year. 😁

It looks ok, looking forward to some 3rd kit freakiness. 😵

Apples

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

I suspect they’ve tuned the yellow down massively when editing the photos to make it more palatable. Acknowledgement perhaps that dayglo ain’t all that. 

100% not as good as last year. Not quite as bad as some make out. I think some go a bit far when it comes to a kit.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Does he look like he likes the kit?

F0-Em7h-WYAIPUc-G.jpg

The LS version is even worse. They didn’t even bother finishing the cuffs! 

• Like 1

Wouldn't pay £55 for something I don't like, want or need.

Maybe non shareholders could instead send £55 to Marky Mark in order to encourage minority shareholders to give away their investments which may encourage majority shareholders to do the same...

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, mrdi said:

I suspect they’ve tuned the yellow down massively when editing the photos to make it more palatable. Acknowledgement perhaps that dayglo ain’t all that. 

Yeah it's a shame. I was in the 'love it' camp, clicked the link to buy and then saw it in the shop and changed my mind.

Not sure if this has been mentioned bit kit is very similar to our friends across the pond 

DCE16021-66AD-4458-968F-7CFFDD1D85DC.jpeg

D6281D69-A346-40D0-9FA4-658B09A1478D.jpeg

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

At £55 it is a rip off.

Mr  Tilson, I concur . At the risk of sounding like you know who , these             ' shirts ' are  the prime example of taking the pi55 in pricing. They cost virtually Zero to produce. They are not comfortable for casual wear. They are, in short , overpriced garbage and more fool anyone who buys one.  It's basically  a donation to the Club for which they give you a poxy rag that costs  around a fiver to make....tops....I'd rather have a decent key ring, Tea Mug and Pack of Cards set. 

As a man of a certain age , relatives often struggle for Birthday/ Xmas presents for me, I have made it crystal clear over the years that I do not wish to  add to my NCFC  souvenir collection with one of those  Horrendous Creations. Quite proud of my Canary Gnome though.   

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Haha 1

Still, the team seems to perform inversely proportionally to how nice the kit is for that season, so judging by the mixed tending towards negative reactions I'd calculate we might be going up via the playoffs this year ... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pyro Pete said:

Is this more what people were hoping for?

6094-604~2.jpg

Yes but shirt designers seem to be going back to the era of anything but simple.

15 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Mr  Tilson, I concur . At the risk of sounding like you know who , these             ' shirts ' are  the prime example of taking the pi55 in pricing. They cost virtually Zero to produce. They are not comfortable for casual wear. They are, in short , overpriced garbage and more fool anyone who buys one.  It's basically  a donation to the Club for which they give you a poxy rag that costs  around a fiver to make....tops....I'd rather have a decent key ring, Tea Mug and Pack of Cards set. 

As a man of a certain age , relatives often struggle for Birthday/ Xmas presents for me, I have made it crystal clear over the years that I do not wish to  add to my NCFC  souvenir collection with one of those  Horrendous Creations. Quite proud of my Canary Gnome though.   

Whoa, you can't say that. Its disloyal and moaning.

Be interesting to know how much Joma charge us.

At least we have a yellow shirt and not, like this one, something that's basically the Yellow Pages. Sure they have enough sponsors?

(IFK Mariehamn, of Finland, for the hitherto uninitiated)

IFK spelartröja

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I've just noticed that the tots kit is £45.

Clothing manufacturers have no shame.

That’s not Joma’s decision.

We're very very lucky that we have Lotus as the sponsor, as anything else on that shirt would make a bad kit 100 times worse.  IMO we've hit the jackpot when it comes to branding on the shirt as it makes any design possible - this though it a miss unlike the fantastic home shirt last season.

I’m feeling pumped personally, bad kit=good season usually, maybe that was the plan? 😂 

It’s all about maximising margins to get overall success. 

11 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

That’s not Joma’s decision.

The brand will charge NCFC the wholesale price and are not responsible for what the selling price is, though there will be a typical mark up. 

Given that the retail for the mens is £55.00, the price NCFC will buy them for will be circa £22 + VAT (£26.40), so they are roughly doubling up after VAT. However, you have to factor in when they will be heavily discounted late in season. 

The fact that they are cheap to make is neither here nor there, as NCFC cannot do anything about the price charged to them. 

Personally replica tops are not nice things to wear and I wouldn't wear one as a gift. 

Ye gods. That is truly awful. The only thing it has in its favour is that it is so different to any previous shirt that it stands out if you have not got this years shirt.

Put with the insipid light green tops and other off pitch wear and it looks like we have bought a job lot of beach wear from some budget shop. What an embarrassment it's going to be when see the players run out onto the pitch.

• Like 1