Said it before and I'll say it again, that moustache has Morris Minor and the Majors vibes. Someone put stats up before saying he clocked up the most nutmegs (or something) in the Turkish league last season so he must have some tasty close control and good movement to pull that off.

18 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Said it before and I'll say it again, that moustache has Morris Minor and the Majors vibes. Someone put stats up before saying he clocked up the most nutmegs (or something) in the Turkish league last season so he must have some tasty close control and good movement to pull that off.

The second part to that little nugget of information is that he was the most nutmegged player as well

• Like 1

Obviously hope he does well and all but I'm a bit disappointed that we've signed another left winger. It's early days of course but I make that 7 players who can play there..

1 hour ago, Mason 47 said:

The second part to that little nugget of information is that he was the most nutmegged player as well

Better stock up on rice pudding for next season if we're getting all that nutmeg.

9 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

Obviously hope he does well and all but I'm a bit disappointed that we've signed another left winger. It's early days of course but I make that 7 players who can play there..

He's a right winger. At least Wikipedia says so..

• Like 1

Strange looking dude isn't he. I can imagine a few Championship defenders will want to give him a warm welcome.

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Strange looking dude isn't he. I can imagine a few Championship defenders will want to give him a warm welcome.

Bit of an odd comment to make about a signing..You're gonna give him what's known as a "Cantwell complex"!

22 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He's a right winger. At least Wikipedia says so..

Hmm Transfermarkt says that he played LW in every game that he played last season.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/borja-sainz/leistungsdaten/spieler/634461

Either way, I hope that he's been signed to play in his proper position. It irritates me how clubs say player x 'can play all across the front line'... I think Josh Sargent has proven that one to be utter BS.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

I think it's more common to find left footed players that are ambidextrous (therefore can play on the right) than vice versa.

On a tangent, who has been the last out-and-out RW for City, as opposed to the various #8 / £9 / #10 that have been put there to "do a job" for the team?

2 minutes ago, mrD66M said:

I think it's more common to find left footed players that are ambidextrous (therefore can play on the right) than vice versa.

On a tangent, who has been the last out-and-out RW for City, as opposed to the various #8 / £9 / #10 that have been put there to "do a job" for the team?

He's right footed, if that helps

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mrD66M said:

He's right footed.

Nathan Redmond?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hogesar said:

He's right footed, if that helps

I was referring to the relative abundance of left wingers (as signed) in the squad, not to Sainz specifically. 

• Like 1

looks to be a very good signing on a free seems to have some quality  !!

Webber has a terrible record of signing wide players recently so hopefully this one turns out well ,

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Better stock up on rice pudding for next season if we're getting all that nutmeg.

Try cinnamon instead. Yum 

1 hour ago, Yellow and Green said:

If one of them is Platcheta, its 6!   In terms of proven options then its only Hernandez!   Otherwise, we've only got Tzolis, Rowe and Springett, possibly Mumba.

He seems a more central player to me, watching him play and he said in the interview he likes to be 'vertical' - that suggests he's got eyes on playing through the middle - perhaps?!

Possible #10, not just a winger.

Edited by Google Bot

So we’ve let “the goat” go and signed “the goatee”

Edited by The Real Buh
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

@cambridgeshire canary can you tell me what Delia is having for dinner instead of starting threads about stuff on the main page just for a change?

We don’t need a main page with you around do we?

I dont even load the main page anymore most of its behind a paywall

counting the days till the forum is as well

• Like 1