Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Jack Grealish

Not even a very good footballer, fail to see what Guardiola sees in him, stuck out on the left wing and constantly passes the ball backwards. Plus a total ****.

I’m sure that Guardiola will be devastated to learn of this opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Won the Prem twice, won the FA cup and now has won the Champions League.

Awful, awful player.

Agree with you, he’s a class act - probably wouldn’t have said that a year ago however he’s upped his game this year and spends less time rolling around on the floor 

• Like 1

The sooner Man City get rid of him and Guardiola, the sooner they might win a trophy or two...😀

• Haha 2

He wasn't great in the FA Cup final or Champions League but neither was the entire team.

The thing with Grealish is that if he gets the ball at least one player will go to him which creates space for others to work their magic when they inevitably switch the play.

23 Prem starts this season, 5 goals and 7 assists is a good return.

Very good player.

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

23 Prem starts this season, 5 goals and 7 assists is a good return.

Very good player.

He must have a high Xg rating too..... 

Looking at the current pics of him doing the rounds on the socials, I doubt he will make the England meet up this week. 

Before anyone says, I know he's not expected to, given the late end to his season. 

Actually as much as we all find some of his acting & diving antics annoying, he’s a very good player and outside football appears to be a very kind person.

Good on him for being part of the treble winning side.

14 minutes ago, Indy said:

Actually as much as we all find some of his acting & diving antics annoying, he’s a very good player and outside football appears to be a very kind person.

Good on him for being part of the treble winning side.

I thought he was a bit of a 🛎 🔚 when at villa, as disliked him intensely. Especially those kids shin pads. 

However I'm warming to him in his recent interviews. He still comes across as being a bit thick, but more likeable now, somehow. 

• Like 2

Started to recognise he's actually a really really good footballer this past season. But also, with recent interviews, and in particular the one on the pitch after the CL final, realised he's just a boy who loves football. The tears and comments he made show that he's not all about the money. Refreshing to see emotion about winning a football match, about playing in a football match and the journey he's gone on to get there.

Restored my faith in football for a moment, and then I remembered who owns Man City. Oh well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

I thought he was a bit of a 🛎 🔚 when at villa, as disliked him intensely. Especially those kids shin pads. 

However I'm warming to him in his recent interviews. He still comes across as being a bit thick, but more likeable now, somehow. 

Yes, he's celebrating as a fan might & it does make him a bit more relatable and likable. The Football 365 website, staff and visitors alike, hate Man City with a bitter passion, their latest gripe yesterday was that the players and fans of the club "...weren't celebrating properly"!!!!

Jack Grealish certainly was.

Suspect they want hundreds of glasses of fizzy lager all sprayed up in the air at once, tables and chairs flung at passers by, urinating in doorways and the odd assault on innocent bystanders-and that's just from the players.

I don't think Grealish is a great footballer but he does make me smile. He said recently that the best thing about being rich is buying everything from the Chinese and mixing it all together in a huge bowl. He must have the constitution of an Ox. Apparently Haaland was shocked😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CANARYKING said:

Not even a very good footballer, fail to see what Guardiola sees in him, stuck out on the left wing and constantly passes the ball backwards. Plus a total ****.

Seen him play 3 times Vs us, twice he was dog crap and the most recent unplayable.

A very talented player, thick as **** and a party boy but he gives to his fans and I guess seems a bit more "real" than some of these guys.

Working man for a working man's game 

I've not watched any of this coverage of Citeh, I'm failing to see why people are so interested in any of it, total hyperbole and too much coverage of state owned sport.

There's only one City! 

OTBC!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

He must have a high Xg rating too..... 

Well his xG was 5 and he scored 5 so he's right on the money 😉 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Indy said:

Good on him for being part of the treble buying side.

Sorted.  

43 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

He's got some amazing calves though, nearly as great as mine! :classic_tongue:

Livestock is an unusual side-hustle for a footballer. 🤔

31 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

He cant help being thick, unless its part Peps training to reduce the IQ of his players. Nice but Dim Jack. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Nuff Said said:

Livestock is an unusual side-hustle for a footballer. 🤔

Erling Haaland keeps cattle, so does/did Chris Sutton. 

He seems like a nice lad, to be fair. So what if he's not the brightest, he earns more money than most of us can dream of so I'd say he hasn't got too much to worry about.

8 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Yup, it's definitely a thing.  Back when I played Sunday league a lot of the players had cattle too, many would mention the 'old cow at home' not letting them go down the pub after matches.

• Haha 1

He's effectively a modern day Huckerby. Whilst his end product hasn't been as fruitful as at Villa, he adds another dimension to the city team. He's very good at winning free-kicks and he's very good at drawing defenders across to cover him. Football is about more then goals and crosses. How many goals was Buendia involved in in addition to this assists? The pass before the assist kind of thing. Same probably goes for Huckerby. 

34 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I have no idea 🤷‍♀️ if you’re being serious.