Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Jack Grealish

2 hours ago, Yobocop said:

Agree with you, he’s a class act - probably wouldn’t have said that a year ago however he’s upped his game this year and spends less time rolling around on the floor 

He looked in danger of being a bit of a flop this time last year- £100m spent on a player who was on the bench more often than not. He's kicked on this season though and I'm starting to see some of the hype. It'll be interesting to see if City have space for two immensely talented but somewhat lightweight English attacking mids in him and Foden.

To be fair to Grealish, the Inter defence also largely stifled the general attacking threat from Man City and for example restricted Haaland to one decent chance all game.    So that game was not exactly a normal Man City performance.

He's clearly as thick as ****, but then again nobody is expecting him to turn his hand to brain surgery once he hangs up his boots. 

I like him. Just a kid with a talent living his best life. I always like to see a slightly maverick, unpredictable player with his socks down who likes the booze and the birds. 

It reminds me of my youth in the 1970s

He seems to be a nice enough bloke as well

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Chichcan said:

I like him. Just a kid with a talent living his best life. I always like to see a slightly maverick, unpredictable player with his socks down who likes the booze and the birds. 

Remember once hearing that he "Has a tiny brain but a big heart" which I think does sum him up

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Chichcan said:

Stan Bowles😊

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Stan Bowles😊

If only he was as good at passing the bookies or pub as he was at passing a football? 😉 

• Haha 1

i like the way he plays , his is a wide man of course but he reminds me of a CF playing wide 

in that i mean he holds the ball up sometimes draws a couple of defenders to him and lays it off to a bursting through midfielder / striker ,

if you watch him he can control a ball so well and his first touch is so good it just sticks to him ,

of course he can go on fantastic dribbles and draws fouls but i think he has added the wide hold up man to his game since man city days 

13 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He’s no Jack of all trades like our Kenny McLean. 

Can Grealish point as well as our Kenny? 

9 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Can Grealish point as well as our Kenny? 

Nodbody can point as well as Kenny can!

Thought Grealish was a show pony at Villa, couldn’t believe what Citeh paid for him but, as with Foden, who I previously thought was ok but nothing special, Pep found the gold seam and has made them genuine stars. They do their job as part of a team even if their instincts may urge them to do otherwise. The Champions League Final was not a work of art for most on the pitch and one reason for the win was a very disciplined display, part of which I believe involved Grealish not being careless with the ball high up the pitch and continuing his dedicated tracking back. But I suspect as others here will he might go down the Gazza route which even Pep couldn’t prevent, it’s the same wild man streak which makes some players great which also brings them down, take that away and you can have dull players on your hands instead. Enjoy the party lad.

16 hours ago, crispeduk said:

Thought Grealish was a show pony at Villa, couldn’t believe what Citeh paid for him but, as with Foden, who I previously thought was ok but nothing special, Pep found the gold seam and has made them genuine stars. They do their job as part of a team even if their instincts may urge them to do otherwise.

The Champions League Final was not a work of art for most on the pitch and one reason for the win was a very disciplined display, part of which I believe involved Grealish not being careless with the ball high up the pitch and continuing his dedicated tracking back.

But I suspect as others here will he might go down the Gazza route which even Pep couldn’t prevent, it’s the same wild man streak which makes some players great which also brings them down, take that away and you can have dull players on your hands instead. Enjoy the party lad.

Think Foden’s been off the boil a bit this season 

6 hours ago, Greavsy said:

A few glassy eyes there - might take a couple of days for their bodies to get back into kilter! 

On 13/06/2023 at 09:55, Greavsy said:

I thought he was a bit of a 🛎 🔚 when at villa, as disliked him intensely. Especially those kids shin pads. 

However I'm warming to him in his recent interviews. He still comes across as being a bit thick, but more likeable now, somehow. 

Funny but i thought the same but my son who watches all football , obs excluding the lot down the road, says how great he is to fans and has really helped some disadvantaged youngsters.

Is a really decent guy it seems.

28 minutes ago, Mr Tea said:

Is a really decent guy it seems.

Not always been the case though. 

Don't like him. Runs around looking for fouls and then whinges about being fouled, it infuriates me. 

Can't blame him for having a decent party and letting off a whole lot of steam after a terrific(ly bought) triple. 

Car crash incident was a low though.