1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So, todays the day we find out if Moy is full of **** or not

There's your answer! 

Officially not full of ****

• Like 2

I'll always say that a player's performances will be the ultimate litmus test of how good a move is, but this is another signing to give us steel and experience down the middle of the park. Duffy's more of a Hanley replacement considering his aerial prowess. We've got him in early so that he can have a full pre-season, and hopefully he'll give us more attacking threat on set pieces.

I like the thought going into these. Less time for these players to get used to the league needed, and a sturdy spine on which our youngsters can lean on and develop.

• Like 2

Just need players who stand firm in the face of adversity and sh*t football being played 😉 Players like this and Barnes will give us some spine and grit going forwards albeit in the short term. We need players like this to get us to push on. Feeling a little more confident now for next season. I'd imagine they'll be another 3-4 players coming in, but suspect we'll see a few outgoing beforehand.

Happy with this signing and do far the signings we have made let's hope we continue to bring in good quality players.

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So, todays the day we find out if Moy is full of **** or not

Im never full of **** hahaha. Good signing there

• Like 1

Good signing. Our average age dropped considerably over the last 2 or 3 seasons and it became a huge problem, all teams need a few experienced heads in and around the squad and now we've brought in three.

• Like 1

I can see Ince being the next in through the door. I might be a bit dubious of this one, but seeing as he has played under Wagner previously I could see this one happening, especially for the nominal fee touted. 

5 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Good signing. Our average age dropped considerably over the last 2 or 3 seasons and it became a huge problem, all teams need a few experienced heads in and around the squad and now we've brought in three.

Yep, and if we look at the squads that got promoted this season:

Burnley had Lowton , Cork, Rodriguez, Barnes, Gudmundsson all in their squad who were all 32+

Sheffield United had Sharp, Basham, Foderingham, Norood, Stevens and Fleck who were all 31+

Luton had Lansbury, Shea, Bradley, Freeman and Berry who were all 30+

Next season we should hopefully have Barnes, Mclean, Duffy, Gibson and Onel around the first team which puts us roughly on par.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Burnley had Lowton , Cork, Rodriguez, Barnes, Gudmundsson all in their squad who were all 32+

Sheffield United had Sharp, Basham, Foderingham, Norood, Stevens and Fleck who were all 31+

Next season we should hopefully have Barnes, Mclean, Duffy, Gibson and Onel around the first team which puts us roughly on par.

Its all about striking the right balance isnt it. No doubt we needed / need some more battled hardened players to support the younger players coming through like Gibbs etc. 

46 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

I'd imagine they'll be another 3-4 players coming in, but suspect we'll see a few outgoing beforehand.

Currently have only 3 spaces left under the EFL squad rule, so some wheeling and dealing seems a necessity.

• Like 1

What makes the three signings significant for us fans is that we have seen these players and do not have to suffer a youtube video of only the best bits of a player. 

Some of the signings we have made in the past especially last season left us completely in the dark. Singing about Sara at the Cardiff opener was a bit meaningless.

Remember 2003/04 when we brought in Harper, Dazza and Crouch, on loan admittedly. We knew what they were capable of. There will be no great upheaval for these players and they won't have to learn the language (apart rom knowing what a Dickie is) or the currency and cost of living.

Of course its no guarantee of success but denotes a sea change in recruitment attitudes.

I just hope they didn't go to the same Doctors as Byram or Hayden.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

What makes the three signings significant for us fans is that we have seen these players and do not have to suffer a youtube video of only the best bits of a player. 

Some of the signings we have made in the past especially last season left us completely in the dark. Singing about Sara at the Cardiff opener was a bit meaningless.

Remember 2003/04 when we brought in Harper, Dazza and Crouch, on loan admittedly. We knew what they were capable of. There will be no great upheaval for these players and they won't have to learn the language (apart rom knowing what a Dickie is) or the currency and cost of living.

Of course its no guarantee of success but denotes a sea change in recruitment attitudes.

I just hope they didn't go to the same Doctors as Byram or Hayden.

Very True ,they should know what this league is all about and other players in other teams ,

i would like to see a couple of unknown potential players coming in but early days ,

the players we have signed are oven ready champs players and a bit older but would need replacing to progress so we need a couple that might have that PL level or buy for profit in them 

14 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I wouldn’t compare our golden aged new players with Luton’s from last season. They barely played unless you’re combining all 5 players starts. 

7 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

This is all a bit positive and optimistic, so can I just say booo!!!!!

Aw, I was going to do that!

Clearly, any signing can work out well or badly, you never know what’s round the corner, but on the face of it this seems like good business for all concerned. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I wouldn’t compare our golden aged new players with Luton’s from last season. They barely played unless you’re combining all 5 players starts. 

Yeah but I think you can see his point he is making though.

I hope he is not the replacement for AO as he is f@@@@@@ massive and I am not convinced that Duffy is equivalent 

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

I hope he is not the replacement for AO as he is f@@@@@@ massive and I am not convinced that Duffy is equivalent 

Be interesting to see who they pair Duffy of with whether it will be Andy or Gibson at this stage. Late pre season games may give an indication.

20 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Very True ,they should know what this league is all about and other players in other teams ,

i would like to see a couple of unknown potential players coming in but early days ,

the players we have signed are oven ready champs players and a bit older but would need replacing to progress so we need a couple that might have that PL level or buy for profit in them 

I do still see Sara and Nunez as potential at the moment.

24 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Same thing with Nunez, and even now I'm still not 100% what their best roles are in the domestic game. 

3 we've brought in recently, it's very clear what they do and in what role.

1 minute ago, jaberry2 said:

Be interesting to see who they pair Duffy of with whether it will be Andy or Gibson at this stage. Late pre season games may give an indication.

Suspect Duffy and Omo together. Both play for Ireland after all.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Suspect Duffy and Omo together. Both play for Ireland after all.

I also did not realise Duffy and Hanley played at Blackburn together under Lambert. Something I learned from Wikipedia. So a good knowledge of each other already when Hanley returns of course 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

I also did not realise Duffy and Hanley played at Blackburn together under Lambert. Something I learned from Wikipedia. So a good knowledge of each other already when Hanley returns of course 

That would be a heck of a partnership in the air.

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

This is all a bit positive and optimistic, so can I just say booo!!!!!

The Real BUH 🤣

• Haha 1

The three signings so far do look good as replacements on paper.    Prob another 3 needed yet, and have a feeling we will see several leave yet.   

Encouraging so far though