Icecream Snow

"City to announce new signing and coach imminently"

Webber said. "I'm super confident in the next week we'll be announcing our second new signing"

Any guesses who? The speed implies it's a free agent

He said that we would be making one or two more signings of the Barnes ilk which I took as age and experience related but could well also be a free agent. 

centre half is a definite priority with Omo likely to be sold and Hanley out till Christmas it would seem.

not sure who is available though on a free that would fit the bill 

There were rumours that Jack Colback was one of the Colney tour contingent, and its been announced officially today that he will leave Forest.

Could see it being him. Defensive midfielder with pretensions of wing-back, around the Barnes age as previously suggested. 

edit

Just had a look across social media, and a lot of the tributes mirror that of Barnes. Incredible professional, big in the dressing room, sorely missed, team player. I would say it lines up 

Edited by Mason 47
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

There were rumours that Jack Colback was one of the Colney tour contingent, and its been announced officially today that he will leave Forest.

Could see it being him. Defensive midfielder with pretensions of wing-back, around the Barnes age as previously suggested. 

Christ alive! The geezer is 34 in October and if true would destroy any remaining notion that we have................'such a young side'!  

Another rumour is the ageing Tom Ince - honestly, you couldn't make it up!

• Like 1

Just now, yellowrider120 said:

We're all ageing mate, that's the nature of ****ing life! 

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Doesn't he play for Luton? 

Seen it said that it's Tom Ince 

Free agent from end of June

11 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Super news. 

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious .

Super speed

Super stu

Everything is just Super.

A couple of battle-hardened veterans used to the league can't be a bad thing for our young guns to learn from. Especially if Hanley's out for yonks and McLean might no longer be quite the force with his own line in knocks.

And the coach?

Hopefully some hardcore fitness coach who'll have them puking their guts up...... as fit we certainly are not. 😉

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Christ alive! The geezer is 34 in October and if true would destroy any remaining notion that we have................'such a young side'!  

Ince was the best player on the pitch when Reading came here this/last season 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Tom Ince was in the original rumoured list - along with him and Barnes, we had the lad Johnston from Motherwell (rb) and Willock (qpr)….think there was one other?  Presumably it might be one of these guys.

Edit: I think I’m right that Ince was at Hudds under Wagner, which might help that rumour; Willock was possibly linked to his ex-manager at Rangers.

Edited by Branston Pickle

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Tom Ince was in the original rumoured list - along with him and Barnes, we had the lad Johnston from Motherwell (rb) and Willock (qpr)….think there was one other?  Presumably it might be one of these guys.

Edit: I think I’m right that Ince was at Hudds under Wagner, which might help that rumour; Willock was possibly linked to his ex-manager at Rangers.

I believe WIllock had a year option triggered on his deal at QPR.

23 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

edit

Just had a look across social media, and a lot of the tributes mirror that of Barnes. Incredible professional, big in the dressing room, sorely missed, team player. I would say it lines up 

So our first two signings will be one 33 year old and another 33 year old and this one a former binner too

I can see this going down well, much as I for one would not say no to him..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

I believe WIllock had a year option triggered on his deal at QPR.

I guess we scratch that one off - if only because it’ll involve a fee!

25 minutes ago, Mengo said:

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious .

Super speed

Super stu

Everything is just Super.

He’s our Stu, let’s cherish him and appreciate him for as long as possible. 

26 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

And the coach?

Hopefully some hardcore fitness coach who'll have them puking their guts up...... as fit we certainly are not. 😉

Mousehold Heath

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp43OdtAAkM

Brian Clough built a team of 'nobodies that won the old 2nd Div, then went on to win LI, then the European Cup. Lambert assembled a team of relative nobodies. It can be done, though it would inevitably mean a far amount of toys out of the pram from the usual suspects on here. Sell OMO, Radish, Max and Sara and maybe a sell on from Maddison.  Built a bully team. Players such as Holt and R Martin who never dreamed of PL, and fought like fark to get there when given a chance. Carry on nicking other clubs promising youngsters. Lewis, Godfrey, Maddison, Gibbs, Mumba

Money is not everything. Especially parachute payments. All four of play off clubs have did not have play off money, nor expensive signings either. We need winners, not fancy dan Charles 'Charlie' Charles type players. it is a new season, a new era so lets embrace the change and enjoy it, and shut up hinging, and endlessly griping.

It'll be the boy Max from Motherwell (currently injured), and he'll be loaned back to them for the season. 😁

Apples

I’m more interested in the coach, hope it’s someone who can teach the defenders to stop making idiotic mistakes!

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

Want to list our squad and their ages? 

Thought not. It’d be annoying for you to see your point completely nullified so devastatingly 

2 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

I honestly don’t see the issue as long as they want to be here and add to what we need.

Every player has a shelf life at a club like ours, whether it’s age or outgrowing us. They don’t all need to be, and I’d argue can’t be, players with potential.

I don’t understand the criticism as long as the whole picture of the squad is correct come August. Personally Ince is one I wouldn’t be in happy to see here, he was easily Readings best player.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Ince from Reading

Hadn't realised until I just read his wiki he has played for Wagner before at Huddersfield. Also seems to have scored and assisted more than all our other wingers put together. I suppose he's another experienced head - particularly in the Championship - who could help the group of young players like Rowe, Springett, Tzolis on too. 

Can't say I'd be over the moon though. I'm not sure what he adds that we don't already have in Barnes and Onel in terms of dressing room leaders. 

Just now, Soldier on said:

He’d be a massive upgrade on onel to be fair. 9 goals compared to 2??

Absolutely.

I prefer Onel off the bench tbh and Ince has far better quality. He's only a year older as well.