Sign in to follow this  
Captain Holt

The Webber quotes thread

1 hour ago, Captain Holt said:

"If we'd have won the last two games we'd have been in the play offs."

This isn't even true. It would have given us 68 points and Sunderland finished on 69.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Captain Holt said:

"Our players prefer playing away" - because it's mostly club cabbages with hand puppets clapping you off regardless of the results, Stuart. 

So what you're saying is, the supporters at away games support the team regardless of results, our players therefore prefer playing at away games, and our record this season was in fact better away than at home?

I'm not sure this point helps the anti-Webber case 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

"Kids for the weekend. I've got the kids for the weekend"

Our D I V O R C E becomes final today

Let me tell you STU we also go to the aways

We love our team but this has been H E double L for me

Oh I wish we could.....

Ah...Tammy😅

27 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

"You'll get divorced in the morning, divorced in the morning!"....

Yep, i think its quite funny, must be tough  to hear the things  that are  said about ZW, im ambivalent about her as i dont really know how much of the last 2 seasons are down to her. What I do  find odd is that people seem to dislike her because she's married to him. If he's  that much of a tw@ , surely  we should be feeling sorry for her, being nice,  as she's the poor woman who has to go home with him. 

• Like 2

Really thought he had an opportunity to start some healing, be less arrogant and combative, show some humility, lessons being learnt and get everyone back on side. **** that I guess.

image.thumb.jpeg.46db78c6fbd9f967925c7a18ad8205aa.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

I'm sure people are perfectly capable of hating on Stuart Webber from the comfort of their sunloungers... 😉

I'm currently hating Stuart Webber whilst wearing Speedos 👍

41 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'm currently hating Stuart Webber whilst wearing Speedos 👍

Is that classed as hating , Hairyo ? 

2 hours ago, Yobocop said:

I am absolutely delighted with webbers interview as its spawned comments like this 

for weeks people have criticised him and our club for being silent, and AS SOON as he comes out with an interview people are criticising it 

get over it and get over yourself 

You have to realise the stupidity of this comment right?

People wanting the club/him to talk does not mean they are above criticism just because they did.

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Perhaps future half-time entertainment could be a fight between divorcees from the snakepit and club cabbages with hand puppets.

I'm divorced & in the Snakepit if I win do I get to go to Tamper? 😂

• Haha 1

Does a clean break count as a divorce? 

I’m not in the snake pit but if it does I’m one of the tribe, but I’ll take Stu’s comment as I think it’s intended. A clumsy frustrated bloke who is good at his job but not as good as he wishes he was and has had a lot of personal abuse and a desire to kick back. 

I bet the correlation between the people saying ‘it’s outrageous’ and those that advise their children to ‘punch the bully back, it’s the only way they’ll learn’ is quite strong. 

It was ill advised, he is obviously arrogant as f***, but let’s not get fixated on it shall we. He has a season to save his job imo, if he masterminds a promotion then the outraged will soon forget the comment and go back to their (our) bachelor pads and masturbate into our pot noodle 

Edited by SwearyCanary

No irony in those offended by the Divorcee comment correlating perfectly with those who want to call Delia a wh*re and Webber a c*nt during matches.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

No irony in those offended by the Divorcee comment correlating perfectly with those who want to call Delia a wh*re and Webber a c*nt during matches.

People on here? If so it’s wrong. 

12 minutes ago, stratton canary said:

I'm divorced & in the Snakepit if I win do I get to go to Tamper? 😂

You're unlikely to win. Those cabbages are vastly experienced. Some of them want away in the 70s and 80s and always came home again...

Edited by nutty nigel
🚌💪🏿💪

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You're unlikely to win. Those cabbages are vastly experienced. Some of them want away in the 70s and 80s and always came home again...

Some of them came back with the penalty spot from Brisbane Rd.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

People on here? If so it’s wrong. 

No, well yes previously but despite us not agreeing on much if anything, you've never been overly disrespectful in that sense to anyone, even if you don't think they should be our owners etc anymore.

42 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Is that classed as hating , Hairyo ? 

Plenty of people hating on me for donning my Speedos....🤣

16 minutes ago, hogesar said:

You know that isn't true though.

3 hours ago, ricardo said:

The past should be a good pointer so lots of ups and downs.

Long gone are the days when your divorcee didn't get as many 'ups and downs' as your married person.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monty13 said:

Really thought he had an opportunity to start some healing, be less arrogant and combative, show some humility, lessons being learnt and get everyone back on side. **** that I guess.

Interestingly I think he's played it about as well as he could. 

I might be way off but I don't think many will give a **** about the more 'combative' comments and lot will have laughed at the 'divorcee' remark. It's how he's been the entire time he's been here and a sudden change in mentality would have obviously not been genuine. He's always been a Marmite character.

I think it was pretty clear that he'd rather not be taking those interviews but to me it's positive that he seems to see the value in the club, local press and fanbase being more connected. For me this is absolutely a sign of healing. Of course this these interviews will be a meaningless gesture if the lines shut down aga

There were a few eyebrow raising moments but a majority of his comments seemed pretty logical, even those I didn't personally agree with.

Most fans just want clarity and things seem pretty clear now.

• Like 2

I have no problem with his interview. I hope it means the local press are back onside. He's just another bloke trying to do his job as well as he can. He makes mistakes and he's admitted some of them. Isn't his fault he works in a very well paid sector; he still shouldn't get personal abuse from anyone, divorced or otherwise.

Personally, I think he's done a poor job in the last two years and should be moved on for that reason, but I have no reason to abuse him or scream or boo. 

• Like 2

Can't get overly excited about any of this, one way or the other tbh. Just apathy.

At the end of the day it all depends on what sort of start Dodgy Dave gets off to next season and how we compare against the Binners.

A bad start and the bad feeling will surface again very quickly.

Webber doesn't like us and we don't like him but it's what happens on the pitch is all that matters.

42 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Perfectly?  I don’t think I have ever used those two descriptors during a match.

Having watched the whole Paddy interview I remain completely convinced that our present Sporting Director is not the person to effectively carry this Club forward to the intended target of being a Premiership Club. 

Haven’t had a chance to catch up with the news yet. I take it we havent heard the quote we wanted to hear - “I resign”. 

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

I think most of those who you say are singing Delia is a wh*re & Webber's a c*nt are still virgins... let alone divorcees! 

• Haha 1

Just now, stratton canary said:

I think most of those who you say are singing Delia is a wh*re & Webber's a c*nt are still virgins... let alone divorcees! 

You make the most valid point on this forum and therefore I take back what I said 😀

45 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Can't get overly excited about any of this, one way or the other tbh. Just apathy.

At the end of the day it all depends on what sort of start Dodgy Dave gets off to next season and how we compare against the Binners.

A bad start and the bad feeling will surface again very quickly.

Webber doesn't like us and we don't like him but it's what happens on the pitch is all that matters.

So true Captain, if people think it was toxic last season,  if we start badly next season & get beaten by the Binner's at home then you will see a different City fan's anger! 

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

You make the most valid point on this forum and therefore I take back what I said 😀

👍,   Just stating a point 😂 

• Haha 1