TheBaldOne66

Abuse is not nice according to Webber

29 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Quick question, as a divorced man,  am I now only allowed to sit in the Snake Pit? 

You heard the man, know your place KH.

The EGO  landed today. Surely he can't be here much longer. 

Snake 🐍 pit for you my man

Edited by Mengo
  • Like 1

I think the sh1te football we have had to watch this year is an extreme kind of abuse 

1 hour ago, Yobocop said:

Abuse is abuse in my opinion, it’s a shame and probably a reflection on attitudes today that my view isn’t shared

Abuse is not something that should be accepted. All I heard and saw on social media was people saying they wanted a change in the Sporting Director. Moore got racially abused. That's a criminal offence.

It is 100% not the same and to attempt to say it is is appalling.

People should probably ask exactly what abuse Webber has received to his face and then go from there. We know he's been called a c*nt to his face by one bloke on multiple occasions, and thats just for starters.

He was quite clear that singing for him to be sacked was not abuse and he completely understood it after our run of winless games.

Of course, that'll be ignored by those who choose 🙂 

1 hour ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

So as someone going through a rubbish divorce atm that is having an impact on my mental wellbeing, thank you Mr Webber, what an abhorrent individual you are. Families club, yeah right.

That was my thought ! 
having watched a family member go through it 
Stay strong buddy !! 
I know Delia and MWJ did not say it but with Webber being employed by them I hope they make him make a apology 

awful term of words 

• Like 1

Must admit I didn't notice the 'divorcee' comment so perhaps someone could point out where he said this? However, we all know Webber 'has previous' in this area (i.e. having a dig at the fans). Another comment that I can't see (might be wrong) being quoted by posters is where he pretty much blamed injuries to the four key players as being largely responsible for the collapse in results and performances over the final 11 games. Those who chose to 'ignore' this fact were .............'uneducated in football'!! according to our Sporting Director. 

That said I did expect him to put the blame fair and square on us for our terrible home form but to be fair he said ..........'the onus is on us' (i.e. him, the manager and players) to put in better performances and results. He was right when he contrasted our great home form in the second promotion season when (to all intents and purposes) the games were played in front of zero fans!  

What worried me (well it shouldn't really as we've known this for decades) is our (well 'his' actually) stance on selling our best players.  For example 'Max needs to go, Max has outgrown us, he has been 'unlucky' not to have got a move already' (Smith owner made a similar comment probably a year or so ago). Even with Cantwell who it seems pretty much a 'given' that Webber fell out with, we got a 'Todd deserved a move' (at the end of the first PL season under Farke). Take those comments with him clearly preparing the ground for the potential sale of Sara (although he did say he hoped we would still have him here next season) and it's terribly dispiriting. It is now publicly confirmed that if ANY player has one (or two at absolute tops) decent seasons and A N Other Clubs start making genuine enquiries then said player WILL be sold. So 'goodbye' ambition as we will never, ever get promotion and STAY in the PL with that attitude.  Surely to God you don't come out and make such a strategy public knowledge as it only totally confirms the opinions of those we are so keen to deride (i.e. the Talk Sports of this world) that the club have ZERO ambition to compete at the top of the game. Of course this is all irrelevant if we can 'tick the box of having a CSF in place' and 'tick the Box of a traIning complex that is in the TOP SIX in the UK' then aren't we really lucky!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Abuse is not something that should be accepted. All I heard and saw on social media was people saying they wanted a change in the Sporting Director. Moore got racially abused. That's a criminal offence.

It is 100% not the same and to attempt to say it is is appalling.

Oh mate lol burying your head in the sand much? 

i suggest you spend some time reviewing the abuse aimed at Webber and his wife Zoë before saying all you heard was that ‘they wanted a change in sporting director’ 

It's a comment that was entirely unnecessary and does not help Webber in the slightest.

It's also equally right that he should not be subject to personal abuse. A lot of what he said is absolutely spot on.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

An example of his shortcomings on communication.  I like to think I'm fairly balanced on Webber compared to some on this board, but 'a few divorcees...' is a terrible choice of words.  If he just changed that to 'a few people...' the whole interview changes.  Awful, combative, defensive, derogatory, insulting and nasty.  Not that he hasn't had to deal with that himself, but you don't win people over like this.  

it's true, you don't win over people by fighting abuse with abuse, but it is very hard not to react in the face of persistent abuse. I've reacted badly to abuse in the past, as my record on here will show and I think I learned about myself in the process and wouldn't do it again - the danger is that by abusing back, you just get dragged down to the level of the abuser.

Seems like Webber is still bitter about the abuse he receives and hasn't learned yet, but the main thing I was looking for was a bit of humility and it doesn't seem very present in this interview. Plain speaking he is good at - but in his position he ought to be building bridges, not pulling them down.

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

it's true, you don't win over people by fighting abuse with abuse, but it is very hard not to react in the face of persistent abuse. I've reacted badly to abuse in the past, as my record on here will show and I think I learned about myself in the process and wouldn't do it again - the danger is that by abusing back, you just get dragged down to the level of the abuser.

Seems like Webber is still bitter about the abuse he receives and hasn't learned yet, but the main thing I was looking for was a bit of humility and it doesn't seem very present in this interview. Plain speaking he is good at - but in his position he ought to be building bridges, not pulling them down.

You might not win over the abusers by fighting abuse with abuse, but usually I find those who throw the first brick aren't particularly interested in building bridges anyway.

• Like 1

Once again, our SD is at the forefront of any crisis or event within the club. I expect him to defend his corner and the club close ranks. That is understandable. I accept he was SD when we went through a period when we saw some of the best football played at CR. And he did bring in, with his team, some very good players.

But he has to realise that, while most understand its not a given that success or contentment will follow us, that many supporters are very disappointed that we appear to have gone backwards in the last two seasons. And he has to take responsibility. Its not good enough to say yes I have made mistakes. Its what those mistakes were and what they cost the club, playing wise as well as financially.

If you deflect the blame away from yourself and onto the players and even the supporters, then you are lucky to be at a club like Norwich whose majority shareholders are not exactly ruthless and appear to be easily talked out of a problem. And have supporters who are ready to accept our lot without question.

Then of course, when those who don't accept our lot begin to question and ultimately protest, they are met with "its abuse".  Of course some go too far but they can be dismissed along with those who won't have a word said against him. He is ignoring the middle ground completely. Those who are very disappointed and may boo, those who may post angrily on here can't be dismissed as not loyal or any less of a supporter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

You might not win over the abusers by fighting abuse with abuse, but usually I find those who throw the first brick aren't particularly interested in building bridges anyway.

True, but the answer is not to allow them the privilege of thinking they have got under your skin - it just makes them worse.  I wil  face down abuse when i see it - show it for what it is - but without responding in kind. Webber hasn't got that yet.

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

True, but the answer is not to allow them the privilege of thinking they have got under your skin - it just makes them worse.  I wil  face down abuse when i see it - show it for what it is - but without responding in kind. Webber hasn't got that yet.

I'm not convinced there, but understand the logic. The issue I really have with it is that it reinforces them if you don't respond. But I'm naturally fairly feisty by nature and agree with the notion of "eff around and find out".

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

I'm not convinced there, but understand the logic. The issue I really have with it is that it reinforces them if you don't respond. But I'm naturally fairly feisty by nature and agree with the notion of "eff around and find out".

It doesn't refinforce them if you don't respond. They have no comeback if you don't respond. It was noticeable - to me at any rate, that when I was persistently being hounded on here, the moment I stopped answering back, within a week the attention went on to someone else.

All Webber needs to do is say he loves our fans and they are terrific, but that abuse is not aceptable - without adding jibes. The single word "divorcees" when he could have just said "a few fans", has just given the haters more ammunition.......but then again maybe secretly he likes the attention........

I don't particularly like or dislike him,  but my main gripe is that he is responsible for spending millions on players, who are not very good,  thus we had a poor season, and his actions put the club in debt.

If he and Wagner can turn this around and make some good signings,  offload the deadwood, improve players like Josh, Idah  Tzolis etc then I will be happy. I don't think the club structure is right,  but as someone who wants to enjoy 90 minutes of football,  I really don't care what he said,  or doesn't say. Get it right on the pitch then we can all stop moaning about him and the owners.

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It doesn't refinforce them if you don't respond. They have no comeback if you don't respond. It was noticeable - to me at any rate, that when I was persistently being hounded on here, the moment I stopped answering back, within a week the attention went on to someone else.

All Webber needs to do is say he loves our fans and they are terrific, but that abuse is not aceptable - without adding jibes. The single word "divorcees" when he could have just said "a few fans", has just given the haters more ammunition.......but then again maybe secretly he likes the attention........

I don't want to decry lived experience, but I do think there's a difference between face-to-face stick and online nonsense. My experiences as a kid and young adult were the polar opposite. Stayed quiet, it encouraged people to have another go. Fight back, they didn't want to know.

Or, just as commonly, act offended. In fact, the older I get and the more I'm faced with some clueless socially scared/conservative sorts, I'll hurl back something particularly brutal just for the laughs.

Edited by TheGunnShow

17 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Once again, our SD is at the forefront of any crisis or event within the club. I expect him to defend his corner and the club close ranks. That is understandable. I accept he was SD when we went through a period when we saw some of the best football played at CR. And he did bring in, with his team, some very good players.

But he has to realise that, while most understand its not a given that success or contentment will follow us, that many supporters are very disappointed that we appear to have gone backwards in the last two seasons. And he has to take responsibility. Its not good enough to say yes I have made mistakes. Its what those mistakes were and what they cost the club, playing wise as well as financially.

If you deflect the blame away from yourself and onto the players and even the supporters, then you are lucky to be at a club like Norwich whose majority shareholders are not exactly ruthless and appear to be easily talked out of a problem. And have supporters who are ready to accept our lot without question.

Then of course, when those who don't accept our lot begin to question and ultimately protest, they are met with "its abuse".  Of course some go too far but they can be dismissed along with those who won't have a word said against him. He is ignoring the middle ground completely. Those who are very disappointed and may boo, those who may post angrily on here can't be dismissed as not loyal or any less of a supporter.

As someone pretty critical of the guy I’m not sure I agree on this part. He has taken responsibility, although caveated with all kinds of defensive excuses some of which seem more relevant than others.

In terms of the mistakes I don’t need or expect him personally to sit there and dissect all of them publicly. Acknowledgement that they happened, are understood and are being worked on is what’s required. Some are just inevitable as he pointed out as you don’t know what players are going to be a success.

He seemed to contradict himself a lot though I thought.

He started Paddy’s interview by suggesting he didn’t think the reason we finished 13th was something to dwell on and we need to look forward for instance. I kind of get his point but you only move forward by learning from failures.

No abuse on a personal level is warranted, he’s doing his job and though very questionable in his performance in the past two seasons and those who pay to watch the game in the ground have every right to vent their view, that’s not abuse but accountability to the fans.

So to be so disrespectful and dismissive towards the fans as he is, should be acted on by the club, he’s got a duty to the club to be respectful to the fans after all without them this club wouldn’t be where they are.

He has a chance to be humble and to get those fans back onside with a decent interview, alas he resorts to blame and very poor comments, alienating himself from the fans and leaving next season open to more pressure from the stands.

Just be sensible in a position of his stature and be the better man, he’s obviously not a good man manager and doesn’t handle criticism very well as he’s very quick to go on the offensive and that’s not a good thing for a boss to do!

JUST TO ADD KG you post above is brilliant!

Edited by Indy
  • Thanks 1

Imagine the mood and the environment inside of Carra if Stu had given these interviews before the last 2 home games?....

I personally think he's a very fortunate smuggy smug smug charlatan....and in any other company or business environment....he just wouldn't be tolerated, and his position here would be untenable....Maybe that's why he hasn't been 'headhunted' and is still earning his coin here....and with his feet snugly under the dining table....

He doesn't have to apologise for anything....because his sort....don't....

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

As someone pretty critical of the guy I’m not sure I agree on this part. He has taken responsibility, although caveated with all kinds of defensive excuses some of which seem more relevant than others.

In terms of the mistakes I don’t need or expect him personally to sit there and dissect all of them publicly. Acknowledgement that they happened, are understood and are being worked on is what’s required. Some are just inevitable as he pointed out as you don’t know what players are going to be a success.

He seemed to contradict himself a lot though I thought.

He started Paddy’s interview by suggesting he didn’t think the reason we finished 13th was something to dwell on and we need to look forward for instance. I kind of get his point but you only move forward by learning from failures.

Of course we need to look forward. And that may well be getting rid of him to move forward. He keeps saying he is going but won't say when. Its almost as if we are in his hands and he will decide.

17 hours ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

So as someone going through a rubbish divorce atm that is having an impact on my mental wellbeing, thank you Mr Webber, what an abhorrent individual you are. Families club, yeah right.

Definitely a massive hypocritical slant to what he was saying.

He complaints that all forms of personal abuse should be treated equally and seriously and not just the widely reported and hot button issues like racism or sexism and that it shouldn't be okay to attack him because he's a privileged white man just like it isn't okay to attack someone over race or gender. Okay, I actually agree with that. But he then goes on to personally attack one of the few groups of people who it is still socially acceptable to attack ie men struggling with relationship issues. 

I have no doubt that it's having a horrible affect on your mental health and it doesn't help to hear things like that or be dismissed in that way. It was an unnessicary comment and totally contradicted his own rant about how the abuse he receives has negatively affected his life. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Of course we need to look forward. And that may well be getting rid of him to move forward. He keeps saying he is going but won't say when. Its almost as if we are in his hands and he will decide.

I think from the dynamics we see working within the club it is very much that way, unless he does something so catastrophic or damaging they have no choice.

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

It's almost as if you didn't listen to the interviews Pops...

the amount of reused lines he used in each interview is ridiculous. its like he copyed and pasted from each one 

Perhaps he does not look forward to being a divorcee.  Zoe might be considering leaving this egomaniac.  I am hoping he may suffer soon with a divorce from Norwich City.  Mark A will not be happy at the tenet of this interview, the family club ethos is not being promoted by Webber.

On 19/05/2023 at 16:27, Kenny Foggo said:

100%. Interview should have been about all the positive things he hopes to do in the summer but no, moans about the so called abuse, that he doesn't care about. Compares the horrific racist abuse of  Moore with a few "Webber Out" chants at the end of a disastrous season and then abuses an area of the ground, which has long been our best at creating the atmosphere, that he says is not good. Try putting together a team worth watching then, rather than moaning at everyone else.

He doesn't seem able to create positive news messages. 

I would say, he would be best to go elsewhere. Maybe his beloved Leeds, and good luck with the abuse front if it goes pear shape there.

Absolutely fella