Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the PUPs Season 16 Week 39

Welcome to Rays Funds, supported by Turner European Consulting and Cavell Healthcare.

Another record breaking Rays Funds season draws to a close. Thanks all you PUPs for finding so many ways to add to the total so often. It’s been a joy to run this as always. I’ll update everything after this weekend so please check it out.

We have @Feedthewolf making the final six selections on this last weekend. Wolfy has had a brilliant season with 29/38 76% winning picks at +3.14. With three previous wins on Arrdee’s honours board Wolfy knows how to find a winning six Let’s give him good ammunition to close our season with another win by offering our very best selections from the games played on Sat, Sun or Mon of this weekend that are listed on Bet 365.

This week we have @PurpleCanary making the final selections for City’s final game at home to Blackpool on Monday. Purple’s had another great season 31/38 82% winning picks. Purple has five wins on Arrdee’s honours board and has won before when making the Norwich match picks. so let’s help him end the Norwich season on a win with some great options from those listed on Bet 365 or Bill Hill.

As always a massive thank-you to our new benefactor PUPanon2 for making the Norwich match picks possible this season. Also to PUPanon1 and all the Pink Un posters who send me pledges and donations. And to our wonderful sponsors Turner European Consulting and Cavell Healthcare. The sponsorship, pledges and donations all go straight into the presentation pot. It makes a massive difference to the amount we raise and I know the CSF and our DS and Pan-disability boys and girls really appreciate this support. For more information on our sponsors take a look at their websites below:-

http://www.turnereuropeanconsulting.com/

https://www.cavellhealthcare.co.uk/

Good luck to the 8 contenders left in this monster PUP of the month competition.

Now I’ll hand the thread over to Feedthewolf and Purplecanary. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you to success. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for the Community Sports Foundation and our fabulous Downs Syndrome and pan-disability boys and girls.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Matt and Purple, the thread is yours...

Edited by nutty nigel

First off, huge thanks once again @nutty nigel for all your work administering this madhouse. It truly is a thing of joy and the money raised is simply stunning.

So, to business. The German 3.Liga this week

Elversberg (top, chasing title) v SpVgg Bayreuth (18th, struggling to stay up) - Home Win 

For the match bet, a goal for Teemu in a City 2-0 win.

Best of luck Wolfie, Purple, and all you PUPs. 

• Thanks 1

Man City win for me please

For ncfc Andrew O to score anytime

Good Luck Wolfie & Purple and pups 

Thanks nutty! I will send you an extra £10 and have two sets of picks. One set of single bets and another of doubles, trebles and even Parma-style quadruples and quintuples. PUPs are welcome to suggest bets for one set or the other, or both.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Manchester United Women to beat Tottenham Hotspur Women on Sunday please. 

Pukki must score. 

Very best of luck. 

Looking forward to making my decisions on Friday, probably about 5pm.

For the record, my pick will be Real Madrid to beat Osasuna in the Copa Del Rey final on Saturday evening (odds around 1/3).

For our good friend @PurpleCanary, Pukki is the obvious choice, but I'm going to go with a topsy-turvy 3-2 win with Pukki to score the last goal.

• Thanks 1

Lets have one last go at finding a draw and head to the SPL....

Hibs v St Mirren....Draw.

For the Norwich bet I'll have....

3-0 Home win

Good luck to both Wolfy and Purple this week and all our fellow Pup's.

Many, many thanks to our Nutty for all his hard work again this season. You truly are are very special man Nutty.

• Thanks 1

This week I’ll go for PSG to win against Troyes. For our match a 2-2 draw. Good luck pups!

I also want to thank @nutty nigel for another season running this. It’s something I’m really proud to participate in and the amount of money we raise is truly remarkable. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you Nutty for doing all this again. It must be hard work as there aren't many days of the week when you're not worrying about PUP stuff! Let's just hope the proposed new format doesn't adversely affect what you do here.

For my pick this week I'm going to play the odds and go for Huddersfield /Reading draw.

For City's game, I'm going for a 'what might have been' 3-0.

Good luck all esp. Wolfie and Purplle.

I'm off to the US 🌪️. See you in August.

• Thanks 1

Hi PUPs, off for another basement battle this week in Scottish Division Two. BONNYRIGG ROSE VS. ELGIN CITY (home win). Bonnyrigg only need a draw but cannot afford to lose in case Albion Rovers win and Elgin should be on the beach after securing safety last week and nothing to play for.

For the City bet, who knows...how about Norwich to win from behind with Sorenson to score anytime.

Best of luck everyone!

Apples 

15 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Thanks nutty! I will send you an extra £10 and have two sets of picks. One set of single bets and another of doubles, trebles and even Parma-style quadruples and quintuples. PUPs are welcome to suggest bets for one set or the other, or both.

I will look to make a selection no earlier than Sunday evening or even Monday morning.

I wanted to give @Feedthewolf a value selection this weekend if he fancies getting more lift from his set of six. So, Bordeaux at home (at an attractive 1.95) against Caen. Bordeaux top the recent form table overall but Caen are about 6th, except that Bordeaux have really excelled at home (and Caen less so away) and Bordeaux look to cement that second automatic promotion place. It's also a long travel for Caen.

For us and @PurpleCanary and his wish to mix things up a bit, I have to offer Pukki as a scorer (and even could see him get a double). I think it's one of those games that will mean open attacking carefree football and so I could see 4 or 5 being scored. Therefore, a Pukki double and over 4.5 goals. The odds will be very attractive🙂... I also think we will win.

Good luck all Pups and a special mention to Nutty ahead of the final match. I will say this now as I tend not to post much after match day (usually staying away from thread negativity 😐)......Thanks for all your attentiveness to the tables and your administration. Those 'little' things make everything just join up nicely for a broad sharing kind of experience. Further, your way of communicating also is very elegant (I think that's the exact word I was searching for) and is always encouraging. I am pleased too, whatever happened to our team's football season, that the Pup one has been so successful. A heartfelt thank you from me.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can't believe it's the end of Rays Funds for another year...

Echoing the sentiments about our wonderful custodian of the thread, @nutty nigel without whom none of this would be possible.

Also thanks to every single Pup who has picked a selection this season, generous Pups who have contributed to the funds either by donations, stakes, pledges - and of course Pupanons past and present. Thread sponsors too.

I've seen first hand the pleasure on the faces of those that benefit from this fundraising and hope it carries on long into the future.

For @Feedthewolf to Greece on Sunday for Volos v PAOK - AWAY WIN

For @PurpleCanary its always hard to guess with a "dead rubber" like this, so I think there will be goals galore - 

Match goals over 4.5 for my single selection

For a multi bet how about over 5 corners, Pukki anytime and an own goal scored

Good luck everyone and see you next season!

Leedscanary

• Thanks 1

For @Feedthewolf I’m going for Championship bound Ipswich Town to win away at Fleetwood.

For @PurpleCanary I’m going result, Norwich to win and BTTS.

Good luck all PUP’s 

A very good afternoon to you Nutty and good luck to Wolfie and Purple not forgetting all you other lovely PUPs out there.

A HOME WIN for MAN CITY v Leeds.

For the City game Sargent to score the last goal of the game.

@nutty nigel let me know please how many picked every week this season so i can settle up my pledge and finally will you need a speech for the cheque presentation ?

• Like 1

Hi pups

my pick is MALMO v aik HOME WIN

for the final NCFC bet Norwich to score a penalty

good luck pups

Good luck to all PUPs....

For me Oxford v Accrington Stanley - Home Win.

For City 4-0 win......Sarge to score.

OTBC.

My final pick this season is:

VIKING FK v Stromsgodset HOME WIN Good Luck @Feedthewolf and all you Lovely PUPs

For the Norwich bet, BTTS best of luck@PurpleCanary Many thanks Eddie for all your hard work keeping this fantastic thread going and to all the sponsors and all you fantastic PUPs. Hope you all have a great summer ☀️ 

• Thanks 1

For Wolfie, let's end with a win...

Norwich City          v          Blackpool          Home Win

For Purple a cracker from the Barry Butler winner...

Sara to score from outside the box

18 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

A very good afternoon to you Nutty and good luck to Wolfie and Purple not forgetting all you other lovely PUPs out there.

A HOME WIN for MAN CITY v Leeds.

For the City game Sargent to score the last goal of the game.

@nutty nigel let me know please how many picked every week this season so i can settle up my pledge and finally will you need a speech for the cheque presentation ?

Speaking on behalf of everyone ever, that won't be necessary.

I'm with Nutty here, I'd go for Norwich v Blackpool home win. 

For the Norwich bet, it has to be Pukki to score at any time in a 3 - 1 win. 

Good luck all. 

Edited by lake district canary

I'm going for a home win for CSKA Sofia v. Botev Vratsa.

CSKA are W10 D3 L1 F25 A6 at home and Botev Vratsa are W1 D3 L10 F12 A34 away.

Good Luck, Feedthewolf!

For the match bet - option 1 Pukki to score two or more / option 2 bet builder Norwich win, Gibbs to score any time, Sara over 1.5 shots!

Good Luck, Purple!

A huge Thank You to the amazing Nutty Nigel who works so hard on this thread throughout the season! 

• Thanks 1

National League Play Off - semi finals: Notts County to beat Boreham Wood

Notts and Wrexham are miles ahead of everyone in this league and I don't expect Notts to slip up at home against The Wood.

As for our game, heart says Teemu to score obv. but I think our Barry winner Sara might get another. 

Good Luck to all you PUPs for the final time, but esp. Woolfie and Purps. 

Plymouth to get the job done and deny them down the road a trophy.

Port Vale v PLYMOUTH AWAY WIN

for the match bet: I’ve no idea what kind of performance we will see, one for the boo boys 0-3, one for the optimists 4-2 pukki anytime

good luck everyone 

Come on, you lot! I think we're a bit light on selections so far? Any more in the next hour will be duly considered... 🙂

• Thanks 1

The Armenia Premier League.

Urartu to win at home against FC Noah on Monday.

Urartu still need points to finish top and after a rough patch have won their last two, 3-1 at home and 5-0 away. The odds are 1/8.

Good luck to all!

Right, here we go.

I've decided against Man City, something about Big Sam makes me nervous... and at 1/8, not much value in picking them. I'm also not bold enough to include draws in my final six, so those are out. I've pontificated and prevaricated and generally titted about with these for a while now, and I verrrry nearly included Bordeaux, but I'm finally ready to share my final selections.

I have to believe that we can send Pukki out on a high against an already-relegated team, so Norwich are proudly heading up my six, as follows:

Norwich v Blackpool (1/2)
Troyes v PSG (1/3)
Osasuna v Real Madrid (3/10)
Malmo v AIK (4/9)
Fleetwood v I****ch (2/5) (couldn't bring myself to type it in full)
Notts County v Boreham Wood (7/20)

Good luck one and all, and fingers crossed that we can bring home the bacon on Monday for a nice little earner to end the season on!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1