cambridgeshire canary

1 win in 10 is relegation form and worthy of sacking.

The best mate thing is pathetic. Even from you. Hes on a 12 month rolling. If it was some stupid best mate thing he could have given him a 5 year contract.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Although I've not been impressed with him so far, I wouldn't want to become a club that starts to sack managers at the drop of a hat. You have to give the guy a proper pre-season to see what he can do with this lot plus his own players. If we aren't going to do that, we might as well have kept bl**dy Smith.

OTBC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If the owners had anything about them (they haven’t) both Webber and Wagner would be told their time is up as of tonight. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Perhaps he will go back in for Lampard after Wagner doesn’t work out.

Oh god I could absolutely see that happen in summer!

• Haha 1

I'm usually one of the last to turn against a manager, but I'd rather not see Wagner here for the start of next season. I wasn't terribly enthused by his appointment in the first place and aside from the new manager bounce over the first eight games or so, I haven't seen anything from him to convince me that he's the right man to take us forward. 

There's little chance of him not being here come August though, so I'll continue to back him and he needs to be given 12-15 games or so next season, but I'd be very surprised if he gets us promoted.

3 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Although I've not been impressed with him so far, I wouldn't want to become a club that starts to sack managers at the drop of a hat. You have to give the guy a proper pre-season to see what he can do with this lot plus his own players. If we aren't going to do that, we might as well have kept bl**dy Smith.

OTBC

I agree but it would help if he didn't cause himself such unnecessary problems by being desperate to shove 4 strikers on, even tonight, to completely give up control of the game.

• Like 6

One win in ten? Brilliant! Keep him. Give him a five year contract!  Embarrassment is what we all enjoy! Hurrah! 

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I agree but it would help if he didn't cause himself such unnecessary problems by being desperate to shove 4 strikers on, even tonight, to completely give up control of the game.

Yes, it seems to be his plan B, C, D, E and F.

OTBC

12 minutes ago, hogesar said:

The best mate thing is pathetic. Even from you. Hes on a 12 month rolling. If it was some stupid best mate thing he could have given him a 5 year contract.

is he Idah's best mate then ?

Could you imagine the reaction if Wagner was let go at the end of the season and Webber stayed? That would basically be re-affirming that Webber thinks his signings are good enough and it's the head coaches getting it wrong again. 

I know Wagner hasn't done anything to impress but for me it's 100% down to the players not being good enough, every player is inconsistent, they're all mentally poor or damaged, they're not being capable of gelling as a team and are all on a different wavelength every game. If the players were terrible and the head coaches were terrible we wouldn't be mid table, we'd be near the bottom. So if you think the players are good enough then by all means blame the managers but I just don't see it that way. I would give Wagner the summer, I get the complaints about recent sections and formations but for me it's because we've given up on the play offs and are just giving player game time plus injuries limiting what we can do. 

I'm not impressed with Wagner but I don't know what literally any coach could do with these players so i find it hard to blame him too much for this mess. 

• Like 1

We need a new manager in the summer.

Wagner's record at his previous clubs shows we are more likely to be in a relegation fight next season than fighting at the top end of the table. Get rid, and quickly.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

It's too early to talk about Wagner, he's been given absolute trash. He needs to make it his team

His tactics are naive to non existent, he seems to require a new team to fit his approach which is concerning given his poor form at two recent clubs. I say axe him 

16 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Webber won't sack Wagner.

And Ward won't sack Webber.

And what a fùçķìñg awful mess this club is in. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Problem is a lot of people were so sure Smith was the problem it's come as a bit of a shock (after Wagner's improved start), that perhaps the team has finished exactly where it deserves to.

Smith may not have been the right manager for us, but it was clear that he didn't have the right tools for the job.

2 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

His tactics are naive to non existent, he seems to require a new team to fit his approach which is concerning given his poor form at two recent clubs. I say axe him 

His starting tactics, and tactics with a fit squad haven't been naive, it had actually improved and compensated for some of our weaknesses.

His weird desperation to get 4 strikers on the pitch at some point is a problem.. 

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

His starting tactics, and tactics with a fit squad haven't been naive, it had actually improved and compensated for some of our weaknesses.

His weird desperation to get 4 strikers on the pitch at some point is a problem.. 

improved? Must have missed that part 

20 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

OTBC

He has to be given the close season and a fresh start or, as you say, what was the point.  

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

He has to be given the close season and a fresh start or, as you say, what was the point.  

Get Webber and Wagner out now. It’s quite clear that they’ll have us battling relegation next year. 

22 minutes ago, hogesar said:

As we said last week Hog he does some funny old things tactics and subs wise 

i really do not trust him to rebuild in the Summer 

Really feel this one of the weakest,mentally,physically and ability wise,squads we have had for a long,long while. We need such a drastic overhaul,its probably going to take two very good,or three or four average transfer windows to sort the mess out.Not hopeful the present encumbents are capable of that task.

34 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

It's too early to talk about Wagner, he's been given absolute trash. He needs to make it his team

It’s not too early - it is exactly the right time. Because if we keep him over the summer we mould a team to his rather unique tactic which, if it fails and he isn’t up to it, leaves us in the doo doo