Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

54 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

My binner friend has told me they’ve signed some lad from spurs. Scarlett?? Meh 

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn

Cannon was the exciting link, but I did think from the outset it sounded like a media move to try and get others bidding. Likewise Lowe, whom Bournemouth would prefer to sell and we've been linked before.

Either way, our business has no obvious flops and at the moment we looked to have played it all rather well. So if we do bring someone in- or decide it doesn't suit us- then I think they've earned the right for benefit of the doubt for the time being.

1 hour ago, Dame to Blame said:

If True thats the end of the Cannon interest we will not be able to compete with those two clubs. 

IF being the operative word here, Football Insider just make up **** for clicks

47 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Cannon was the exciting link,

Really? I hadn't heard of him before and nothing about him since can be classed exciting if you ignore the inflated price tag.

6 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Really? I hadn't heard of him before and nothing about him since can be classed exciting if you ignore the inflated price tag.

I had also not heard of him, don't get me wrong. But subsequent research suggests Cannon would be a very exciting young player with already a decent record at this level and potential to push on.

If I'm being really picky, the most exciting link was Reiner from Real Madrid, because he's foreign & played for Real Madrid. My parameters for exciting signings aren't so deep.

Personally, I think if we do clinch a deal it'll be someone yet to be linked.

Edited by Mason 47
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, BigFish said:

I'd heard the name but couldn't tell you who he played for.

However, 8 goals in 20 Championship games, a ratio of 1 every 2.5 games is impressive. Even more so in a midtable side.

In today's market, that justifies 7 million sadly. Look at how much Cameron Archer went for. And whilst he's more proven with two successful loan stints under his belt, he scored a goal less than Cannon in his 20 game Preston spell.

I was very excited by the rumour. Shame it looks like it's not happening. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jaberry2 said:

If Southampton/Leicester are in for Tom C, they'll blow us out of the water financially and we'll end up moving on swiftly.

Sky Sports Transfer News online are now saying that Southampton have agreed an £10 million deal with Sunderland for their striker Stewart, if the news of us being interested in Cannon are true, then hopefully that takes Southampton out of the race for Cannon. 

Edited by Top corner

10 minutes ago, Top corner said:

Sky Sports Transfer News online are now saying that Southampton have agreed an £10 million deal with Sunderland for their striker Stewart, if the news of us being interested in Cannon are true, then hopefully that takes Southampton out of the race for Cannon. 

But might put Sunderland in the running for him...

10 minutes ago, Top corner said:

Conversely though Sunderland also want the player and now have 8 million

Will be really disappointing if after being linked with Reiner, Ogwuru and Cannon we end up with Lowe or no one but Lowe would be better than no one and maybe could prove to be a bargain

£10m for Stewart? Scored 10 in the Championship last season, admitedly 26 in League One the season before.

Makes £7m for Cannon about right, if not good value, bearing in mind his goals at Preston.

Seeing that Kelly @ Bournemouth is being linked with Spurs. There were tentative Omobamidele links around the same time as Aarons went, wonder if its one to keep an eye on.

6 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

And unlike us can probably promise Cannon a regular starting place throughout the season and beyond.

21 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

21 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Oh right, I hadn’t seen Sunderland linked to Cannon. We’ve got money from the sale of Rashica/Aarons/Maddison sell on clause.

I guess it will become more clearer this time tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

I have been watching Norwich airport all day a lot of Dutch and Aberdeen players here by the looks of things ! 

The next van wolfswinkel on route ?!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Of course it doesn't remotely follow that they will have that £8m available to lash out on a transfer. From the discussions on the Sunderland fan site I'd be very surprised if half that amount is available.

But thats Southampton out of wanting Cannon then surely?

Shame we didnt go for Davis who would have fitted the bill and been affordable

1 hour ago, Top corner said:

I think Leicester will be the main competition, unless he wants to stay up north and then Sunderland may want him

23 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

But thats Southampton out of wanting Cannon then surely?

Shame we didnt go for Davis who would have fitted the bill and been affordable

Davis is going to Udinese to replace to Beto, who has joined Everton. A hell of a downgrade for Udinese, but a good opportunity for Davis.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

26 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Sky Sports also now saying Saints have bid £5m for Patrick Roberts of Sunderland too

Christ…panic stations?

46 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

I think Leicester will be the main competition, unless he wants to stay up north and then Sunderland may want him

That wouldn't make sense, if by staying up north you mean nearer to Liverpool

Sunderland is another third further than Leicester (92m v 122m)  - and Leicester is more central rather than out on a limb Sunderland

5 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

You've heard of Jonathan Rowe yes?

You've heard we're the top scorers in the Championship yes?

No who's he