Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

42 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

There could well be with a "number" of Premiership clubs involved. Highest bidder then. It won't be multi-millions, but could be a couple. 

I guess, equally its very possible that those clubs are interested because we have essentially offered him out for free to get rid of his wages.  

1 minute ago, BSEYELLOW said:

I guess, equally its very possible that those clubs are interested because we have essentially offered him out for free to get rid of his wages.  

Freeing up some wages in a swap deal for Idah for Kane. #welcomehomeharry

21 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Reyes has very limited experience for his age; Atlanta Accademy and Chile U20s. With Gunn now first choice for Scotland and more games to get injured in personally I'd keep Krul.

We've paid his contract this long, a few more months makes no difference.

Don’t forget, the reason Angus got his chance was because Krul really wasn’t great when he started last season. Would Reyes/Barden really be any worse?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Don’t forget, the reason Angus got his chance was because Krul really wasn’t great when he started last season. Would Reyes/Barden really be any worse?

If memory serves back in 20/21, didn’t Barden step in for a few games when Krul and McGovern were crocked and stepped up exceptionally well??

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

For me personally the worry with Krul is he isnt a great kicker and flaps under pressure playing out from the back, which then in turns worries the defenders in front of him. Gunn is more than able but appreciate if he does get injured Reyes is a slight unknown and its not really known (or should I say I dont know) whether he can communicate well enough in english to command a back line as well.

1 minute ago, jaberry2 said:

For me personally the worry with Krul is he isnt a great kicker and flaps under pressure playing out from the back, which then in turns worries the defenders in front of him. Gunn is more than able but appreciate if he does get injured Reyes is a slight unknown and its not really known (or should I say I dont know) whether he can communicate well enough in english to command a back line as well.

Reyes was born in the US of Chilean parents. He was with Atlanta Utd from about age 12. I would have thought his English is fine.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Reyes was born in the US of Chilean parents. He was with Atlanta Utd from about age 12. I would have thought his English is fine.

Thanks, good to get clarification. Im not sure whether I could of slept tonight not knowing 😉

The transfer rumours this summer have been ****e tbh :  D I long of the days of Ross McCormack and the “will he / won’t he” constant refresh Pink Un and pangs of excitement to see a deal go through… it’s been far too sensible this summer

23 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

The transfer rumours this summer have been ****e tbh :  D I long of the days of Ross McCormack and the “will he / won’t he” constant refresh Pink Un and pangs of excitement to see a deal go through… it’s been far too sensible this summer

yep - i'm with you on that..

time to see what i've got cooking in my rumour wok..

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, If wed kept Howie.. said:

yep - i'm with you on that..

time to see what i've got cooking in my rumour wok..

“Rumour wok”… alright Ken Hom :  D

1 hour ago, Danke bitte said:

If memory serves back in 20/21, didn’t Barden step in for a few games when Krul and McGovern were crocked and stepped up exceptionally well??

Twice, I think. A cup-tie and one league game.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yeah absolutely this, or if Krul wants to leave then get a cheaper experienced keeper a la McGovern to help Reyes develop. Wouldn't be comfortable knowing that we only had two untried youngsters to use if Angus did get a bad injury (touch wood).

This, vigiroux from Leighton orient is a fantastic keeper to grab as back up, I'd be looking into him... 

Edit: just see that Burnley had already signed him earlier this window!!!! FFS

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

5 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

Yup, and as it turns out, he won't, because he wouldn't climb over the gate at the end of his drive.

• Haha 1

There is still the matter of the out of contract players - Gibson, Giannolous, McCallum, Lungi and the afore mentioned Barden. Giannolous, yes. Gibson, if we stay in the Championship, as with Lungi.

The problem is if we don't offer a new contract by January they can look, and agree elsewhere. If we do offer a new contract and we go up then we are stuck with players who are not Pl standard.

I wonder if the long term plan was to bring in Duffy and sell off Gibson. Hanley's injury scuppered that. Just as Fishers progress meant that Mumba was surplus to requirements. Rowe's progression may have decided against loaning in a young PL striker.

6 minutes ago, RobJames said:

There is still the matter of the out of contract players - Gibson, Giannolous, McCallum, Lungi and the afore mentioned Barden. Giannolous, yes. Gibson, if we stay in the Championship, as with Lungi.

The problem is if we don't offer a new contract by January they can look, and agree elsewhere. If we do offer a new contract and we go up then we are stuck with players who are not Pl standard.

I wonder if the long term plan was to bring in Duffy and sell off Gibson. Hanley's injury scuppered that. Just as Fishers progress meant that Mumba was surplus to requirements. Rowe's progression may have decided against loaning in a young PL striker.

No one was thinking long term when Duffy was signed. He’s here to get us through the next two seasons. A third season guaranteed his signature. 

eh ?

I was simply suggesting Duffy was Gibsons replacement, as Gibson is out of contract next June, Can't see where other season were mentioned.

Were we looking at Scott Twain a season or two ago, apparently Hull were sniffing about, don't know much about the lad, he was at Swansea & went to Burnley, is he playing for them? 

7 minutes ago, stratton canary said:

Were we looking at Scott Twain a season or two ago, apparently Hull were sniffing about, don't know much about the lad, he was at Swansea & went to Burnley, is he playing for them? 

Only played 14 times for Burnley last season, mostly off of the bench. Did score some goals mind but seems to have become somewhat of a forgotton man

10 minutes ago, stratton canary said:

Yo say "Twain", I say "Twine" I guess they called the whole thing off 😃

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, stratton canary said:

Was he at Swansea?

29 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Only played 14 times for Burnley last season, mostly off of the bench. Did score some goals mind but seems to have become somewhat of a forgotton man

He got quite a bad injury early in the season I think and by the time he was recovered Burnley were flying and thus he struggled to get a starting berth. Victim of circumstance to an extent, I'd love him here personally. 

Harry Kane debuts for Bayern in the 64minute bringing with him the winning Tottenham mindset as he doesn't win a trophey as Bayern lose 3 nil.

On 11/08/2023 at 21:57, RobJames said:

I think Duffy was signed to cover both Hanley's injury and potentially the first season without Gibson.

Gibson is rumoured to be our highest paid player, so I should imagine that could well be a key factor on whether he stays or not. I imagine Giannoulis is on a fair amount too.

McCallum is interesting, I can't imagine he is on a lot of wages but to lose two left backs in one go... you'd have hoped one would go and a long term replacement brought in if neither are seen to be the future.

23 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

He was at MK Dons.

Doesn't seem to be wanted at Burnley, so I'm sure he'll end up back in the Championship before the window closes. Doesn't strike me as a Wagner type player though, so I'd be surprised if it's with us.

I think the poster meant Swindon, but for some reason put Swansea. I know he was at MK dons. Not sure what type of player he is though.

23 hours ago, horsefly said:

Yo say "Twain", I say "Twine" I guess they called the whole thing off 😃

Called the whole string off, surely?

(Twine/string.

No?

Ok, coat please!)

• Haha 1