Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

4 hours ago, mrdi said:

Quite. The idea that funds from player sales are automatically allocated to player purchases is slightly misguided. 

It’s like when I sold one of my guitars a few years ago and instead of buying another guitar, I bought a new mattress.

Was it injured?

Edited by Nuff Said

49 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

This Pedro Lima thing definitely not happening, then?

But they were facts! Facts I tells you!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

But they were facts! Facts I tells you!

I'm sure the whole thing is just a smokescreen and conjecture to make it look like we're trying to sign someone. Nothing will come of it, mark my words.

4 hours ago, Fuzzar said:

I hope it was a lot more comfortable. 

Was is a straightforward purchase, or were there strings attached? 

Wah wah wah waaah

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

This Pedro Lima thing definitely not happening, then?

Possibly. But as the articles all describe him being destined for the youth set up. I'm talking about signings for the senior team.

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Possibly. But as the articles all describe him being destined for the youth set up. I'm talking about signings for the senior team.

"Let me be clear. The only business that will be done by norwich will be the goalkeeper replacement. This will only change if Omobamodiele is sold then we will sign a single center back to replace him. No one else is getting signed. Not on loan. Not for a fee. Not anything."

That sounded pretty black-and-white to me, buddy... and as some of those reports have said, he's planning to push for a first-team place over the course of the season.

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

"Let me be clear. The only business that will be done by norwich will be the goalkeeper replacement. This will only change if Omobamodiele is sold then we will sign a single center back to replace him. No one else is getting signed. Not on loan. Not for a fee. Not anything."

That sounded pretty black-and-white to me, buddy... and as some of those reports have said, he's planning to push for a first-team place over the course of the season.

He can push to be the first man on Mars for all I care, he's not a player who will figure for the first team any time soon. Come back when we sign a player who will make a first team squad.

And don't call me buddy. Makes you sound like an absolute ****. 

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Whilst I appreciate people are copy and pasting quotes of the manager etc, things change. I can see some further movement in the market.

He can push to be the first man on Mars for all I care, he's not a player who will figure for the first team any time soon. Come back when we sign a player who will make a first team squad.

He is a Brazilian under 20 player, if there is any credibility to the rumour. 

Haha, I thought you'd start losing your rag.

Have a nice day, buddy :classic_cool:

1 minute ago, jaberry2 said:

He is a Brazilian under 20 player, if there is any credibility to the rumour. 

Yes who was going to be loaned last season to the heady heights of the Portuguese second division.

Woooooaaahhhh what a ****ing time to be a Norwich fan.

The extent you lot will go to carry on your delusions is quite amazing.

Yes who was going to be loaned last season to the heady heights of the Portuguese second division.

And here comes the 'everyone else is deluded except me' spiel!

You go, guy!

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

Now who's losing his rag? 🤣 

Er... it's you. The one who keeps effing and blinding at everyone and calling them deluded.

Just now, king canary said:

It is something of a shame people have lost their ability to go 'yep, I was wrong.'

On the 1st September I'll be here to graciously accept your apologies.

Welcome to the internet "buddy". 

*joins forum full of people who share a common interest to you*

*spends all day insulting them and calling them deluded*

You do you, pal.

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

You do you, pal.

I'm quite happy to meet you Sunday. We can discuss our differences of opinion.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

It is something of a shame people have lost their ability to go 'yep, I was wrong.'

Dunno, "lost" might imply that they had the ability to do so in the first place.

I'm quite happy to meet you Sunday. We can discuss our differences of opinion.

Now who's lost their rag?

Nah, you're alright. Hope you find someone else to have a fight with though, you big tough macho man you.

14 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Why the tears?

16 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Now who's lost their rag?

Nah, you're alright. Hope you find someone else to have a fight with though, you big tough macho man you.

I'd take my chances if I were you Wolfie - I'd be amazed if he's over 4'8. Why else would he seem so angry all the time? 

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

You do you, pal.

Common interest ?

Slagging off the club, picking unnecessary arguments with posters and using foul language when proven wrong

I have joined others in blocking him. I suggest you do likewise, as there is nothing to be gained or learned from his posts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fuzzar said:

I'd take my chances if I were you Wolfie - I'd be amazed if he's over 4'8. Why else would he seem so angry all the time? 

Ha! I'm 43 years old and I've not been in a fight since middle school. Would be very disappointed in myself if I ended up scrapping with a fellow Norwich fan under any circumstances 🙂

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Even if the Brazilian is discounted, the fact is that this goalkeeper replacement, if it happens, contradicts all the previous supposedly water-tight statements (which if read carefully are never quite as definitive as they appear at first glance) from Wagner et al on which TY based his absolutist claim.

Bailey is a good reporter, but his tweet of only last week, brandished by TY, that he very much doubted there would be any more first-team business, is likely to be shown to be false. Unless of course this keeper, who played 36 times for Millwall last season, is unbeknownst to him,  going to be put in the youth squad...😍

So just reading the last few pages, my recollection was that both Webber and Wagner said at the end of the disaster that was last season… lots of new faces in to freshen things up/ major revamp (words to that affect). It just hasn’t really happened has it?

One player that cost a transfer fee and some freebies. It’s brilliant that we have started positively but it’s a long old season, I really hope we see a couple more additions or we are an injury or two from trouble. Still think we will go for a couple of loans whatever the current noise coming out of NR1.