Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

14 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Can't remember him at all 🤔, like nothing even though I've just googled him. Old age setting in earlier than it should it seems 🤣

Guy who loved drinking, often talked about how he was good enough for the Premier League and went onto a podcast and talked **** about us. The teams he has mostly recently played for are Stoneclough and Darwen FC

That is Chelsea completed the signing of Alex Matos from us(for free as contract was up)as discussed in March/May here. You wonder what's the point of a transfer window really eh.

Edited by KiwiScot

20 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

Edp are also quoting it, and they dont normally drudge up stuff from powder puff world. Love it that they say we only have Rowe and Onel.as wingers, some comment about placheta coming back from 10 months injury, but nothing about Tzolis. The mystery of Tzolis' best position continues. Imo we could do worse than to try him as a striker

I Think you could be right ,

Tzolis has not fitted into the Jigsaw yet , he might yet  or he may never come good here ,

i feel it is worth trying him as striker he will either go on a roll and we will unearth a good player who scores goals or he will just be like he has shown already we have nothing to lose really 

it's a gamble worth taking as he has not produced much any other position 

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

🤣

On a free and knows the league. I’d have him back in a heartbeat 

39 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

So would I, as back up to first choice  DCM .  He is a decent tackler and ball player with bags of experience. Ideal for closing down close games ..or just giving first choice a rest once game is won....or irretrievably lost. 

Plus....and here's the realbonus ....

@TIL 1010 would have a valid reason to dig out the old hobbyhardrive from behind  that box in the garage and welcome the lovely Ana back to Norwich.😉

Edited by wcorkcanary
Get out clause emoji attached 😜
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

No chance, if he wasn’t a TNC darling then Chris wouldn’t be suggesting him Either 

6 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

No chance, if he wasn’t a TNC darling then Chris wouldn’t be suggesting him Either 

On a free. As someone has previously pointed out, we can’t think we’re above this kind of signing. If anything he could be a coach for any younger DM 

5 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

On a free. As someone has previously pointed out, we can’t think we’re above this kind of signing. If anything he could be a coach for any younger DM 

Released from a club relegated to league one and couldn’t get in the starting 11, surely there are better options 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Released from a club relegated to league one and couldn’t get in the starting 11, surely there are better options 

Quite.  If he’s the answer we may as well give up.

1 hour ago, Captain Holt said:

He’s been released by Blackburn and Blackpool hasn’t he? Chris Reeve playing agent for his mate.

Its all a bit " look at me, I know a footballer" isn't it ?

6 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

🤣

Apparently Mick McGuire is also available. 

And Trevor Putney and David Phillips 

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Surely they're not daft. McLean isn't a defensive midfielder and Sorensen isn't good enough.

Well they were daft enough to have not addressed it in January when it was clear Hayden was a crock, and thought they could get by

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

5 hours ago, Yobocop said:

"I THOUGHT TOM'S FOOTBALL CAREER WAS OVER" THE TNC PODCAST WITH ANNA TRYBULL  - YouTube

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

"I THOUGHT TOM'S FOOTBALL CAREER WAS OVER" THE TNC PODCAST WITH ANNA TRYBULL  - YouTube

I rest my case. 

I believe trybull also donates items for the reeve boys to push on their socials for charity competitions etc 

Edited by Yobocop

8 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Surely they're not daft. McLean isn't a defensive midfielder and Sorensen isn't good enough.

the manager has thrown down the challenge to Sorensen to play the CDM so looking that way !  

might as well of thrown in the white towel ! 

4 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

might as well of thrown in the white towel ! 

HAVE thrown in the white towel

Yours pedantically 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I know it’s been talked about a lot recently. My biggest concern for next season is the lack of talk from anyone around the club about the glaring need to fill the massive void in midfield. We are clearing lacking that defensive midfielder that we’ve had in the past, it was so obvious last season. Get that player/position right and it could be an another great season for us as it’s such a vital position. 
We can’t seriously be considering going into this season with just Sorensen as a recognised defensive midfielder, there’s a reason why he’s been here for a few years now and not nailed down that position as his own, because he’s not good enough.

I’m hoping that this is a transfer we are keeping quiet and that’s why Paddy and Southwell etc are not privy to having knowledge about. I don’t know if that’s wishful thinking or not.

How many more players do you think we need if we sell Aarons, Rashica and Omo? 
I would go with 4 more CB, DM, AM and another winger.

18 minutes ago, HB1989 said:

I know it’s been talked about a lot recently. My biggest concern for next season is the lack of talk from anyone around the club about the glaring need to fill the massive void in midfield. We are clearing lacking that defensive midfielder that we’ve had in the past, it was so obvious last season. Get that player/position right and it could be an another great season for us as it’s such a vital position. 
We can’t seriously be considering going into this season with just Sorensen as a recognised defensive midfielder, there’s a reason why he’s been here for a few years now and not nailed down that position as his own, because he’s not good enough.

I’m hoping that this is a transfer we are keeping quiet and that’s why Paddy and Southwell etc are not privy to having knowledge about. I don’t know if that’s wishful thinking or not.

How many more players do you think we need if we sell Aarons, Rashica and Omo? 
I would go with 4 more CB, DM, AM and another winger.

Not sure I agree he’s not good enough. He’s never had a sustained run as he’s constantly been shifted to cover other positions. He’s had a few very effective games in that role.