Sign in to follow this  
Graham Paddons Beard

Heartbreaking

To see my Club in this state. Been there and seen it all before , but it never gets any easier . 
How did we end up with this set of players . Decent owners but who now haven’t got the drive or the money who have rescinded power to a sporting director who has come to the end of his agitation and his wife who in interviews couldn’t be less (you know) impressive . 

How have we ended up giving new contract to a player like Onel who three years ago wasn’t good enough for our then team? Or a striker who doesn’t strike ?

How have we deflated the fans and the sponsors . Found a way to perform suicidal PR stunt after stunt . Having to celebrate having a nice font or badge change. 

I feel tonight like I did under Roeder. We have witnessed relegation form in the last 10 games. 

I wish i didn’t care so much but Norwich are in the very core of my being . Watching that shocking performance , hearing the fans , listening to friends connected to the club and what is happening is dreadful. The City club is having a nightmare . I hate it. 

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4

Webber, that’s how. 
Sure - others will say the owners. And of course we can argue about what we could do with the bigger budget. 
But it’s clear that Webber will blow whatever budget he’s given. He’d just waste even more money. 

I blame the owners more for not getting rid of Webber than I do for their investment. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I'm no longer sure of the answer

The answer is the Attanasio takeover so that we can start again. But that might still be a while. I'm going to choose to remember the good times that the D&M/Webber/Farke era brought us and look forward to a new beginning. On the ball, City.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

It’s a disgrace. Webber won’t lose a single wink of sleep over it

The guy should be sectioned

See your mate Deano celebrating with the Leicester fans.

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

Webber, that’s how. 
Sure - others will say the owners. And of course we can argue about what we could do with the bigger budget. 
But it’s clear that Webber will blow whatever budget he’s given. He’d just waste even more money. 

I blame the owners more for not getting rid of Webber than I do for their investment. 

You must remember the owners begged him to stay and happy with giving 90%.

• Like 1

The answer to the OP is one man... One majestic, god-like man, such a specimen has never been seen in Norfolk before... Ladies and Germs, MR 90% HIMSELF!!!! THE CÛNT OF MONTE CRISTO.... STUUUUUAAAARRTTTT WEEEBBBEEEERRRR

• Haha 2

We need a full reset from top to bottom. I'm really hoping we see a full takeover soon and we can look to go full new broom.

Edited by king canary
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

See your mate Deano celebrating with the Leicester fans.

You still want to give him 5 more games, don’t you?

• Haha 1

Just now, king canary said:

We need a full reset from top to bottom. I'm really hoping we see a fill takeover soon and we can look to go full new broom.

Apart from anything else, the takeover will transform the mood around the club. The last two years have basically been the twitching corpse of the Farke era. And no signs of new life to replace it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

The answer is the Attanasio takeover so that we can start again. 

I hope so Robert. But even the Attanasio situation seems so very unclear.

I know it's all part of the endless cycle of being a fan but just when you think the lows of the last few games can't get any worse they kick you in the nuts again. 

Will this season please just end. NOW.

OTBC

• Like 1

It really look like we have to do an Ipswich a whole rebuild which going to take a few years- 

Just now, Robert N. LiM said:

Apart from anything else, the takeover will transform the mood around the club. The last two years have basically been the twitching corpse of the Farke era. And no signs of new life to replace it.

Yep. I know people don't like hearing positive stuff about the Binners but you can see how much the takeover has changed the mood music there. Owners, manager, players, no association with the years of Championship and even League One mediocrity.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

You still want to give him 5 more games, don’t you?

Nope, but you didn’t say he was a bad manager for us, you said ‘ he was a s*** manager ‘.

Just now, king canary said:

Yep. I know people don't like hearing positive stuff about the Binners but you can see how much the takeover has changed the mood music there. Owners, manager, players, no association with the years of Championship and even League One mediocrity.

And our fundamentals are much better than theirs. I know the call now will be for a complete overhaul, but we don't actually need that. We need a new beginning, but that's not the same thing.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

To see my Club in this state. Been there and seen it all before , but it never gets any easier . 
How did we end up with this set of players . Decent owners but who now haven’t got the drive or the money who have rescinded power to a sporting director who has come to the end of his agitation and his wife who in interviews couldn’t be less (you know) impressive . 

How have we ended up giving new contract to a player like Onel who three years ago wasn’t good enough for our then team? Or a striker who doesn’t strike ?

How have we deflated the fans and the sponsors . Found a way to perform suicidal PR stunt after stunt . Having to celebrate having a nice font or badge change. 

I feel tonight like I did under Roeder. We have witnessed relegation form in the last 10 games. 

I wish i didn’t care so much but Norwich are in the very core of my being . Watching that shocking performance , hearing the fans , listening to friends connected to the club and what is happening is dreadful. The City club is having a nightmare . I hate it. 

The owners might be decent people, but they aren’t good owners

In the last few seasons where we've benefited from the riches of being in the Premier League & all we've got to show is this set of players who have underperformed week in week out. We'll get Webber & Co say that we've got a top notch training ground, well that top notch training ground isn't producing. I work bloody hard to be able to afford my season ticket & for what....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

It really look like we have to do an Ipswich a whole rebuild which going to take a few years- 

Shouldn’t have to wait too long, next season is looking like a relegation battle, so there will be plenty of time in league one to rebuild

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Perfect summary, I did wonder if Farke would leave a VERY difficult act to follow and whoever followed him had a real poisoned chalice of a task on their hands. It's always a very hard call to follow such a popular manager who overachieved. Manchester United had that problem with Sir Alex Ferguson.

At a lower level, we're facing the same problem. I don't think the solutions are that easy to find.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A bit depressing to see how much we have regressed over the last couple of seasons.

What I can't seem to get away from is whether Webber is just a bit of a chancer who has ridden his luck substantially. Apparently the whole point of the DoF model was to keep a consistent playing style/identity and squad capable of achieving it regardless of coaching staff - clearly that was a lie given the current situation we find ourselves in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

These players have been much better than this earlier this season, but have gone backwards. They've clearly just given up and don't care what the fans think any more. I do think that's a consequence of the attitude of a lot of fans this season.

Sadly, the collapse in atmosphere probably does mean this whole squad may need to move on, and most of them probably can't wait to do so.

It's a shame that it appears that throwing the baby out with the bathwater is sometimes the only way to progress that some fans will accept if things aren't going right.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

2 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

These players have been much better than this earlier this season, but have gone backwards. They've clearly just given up and don't care what the fans think any more. I do think that's a consequence of the attitude of a lot of fans this season.

Sadly, the collapse in atmosphere probably does mean this whole squad may need to move on, and most of them probably can't wait to do so.

It's a shame that it appears that throwing the baby out with the bathwater is sometimes the only way to progress that some fans will accept if things aren't going right.

AAAAANDDDDD THERE IT IS!!!!! 

ITS ALL OUR FAULT EVERYONE 

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

When people continually say “you know”, it is generally a good indication they don’t really know what they are saying, and have no confidence in their ability to deliver the message.

In this case, it is “you know” no surprise, given how unqualified Mrs Webber is, yet she continues to earn the big bucks.

Football goes in cycles it always has. We have had a few decent years and now it looks like a few in the wilderness again. The sad thing is it could have been avoided this time with better decisions.

The biggest frustration for me is that no matter what you think of the owners and the Webber's the squad we have had the season should have been comfortably good enough to achieve at least the play offs. Most have been sleep walking through the past few months giving supporters who pay good money to watch nothing . Can't honestly think of one player to come out of this season with even a tiny bit of credit. Will be a very interesting summer and I don't think anyone would object to a complete new starting eleven in August and a new coach too. 

I ended up enjoying it. I was there with my boy who only gets to 4 or 5 games and my father in law. Gallows humour all second half. Had some good laughs with the regulars around us.

Don't get me wrong,Webber is ****ing useless and Wagner is a total clown.

But being there at the full time whistle will be a badge of honour when we get promoted in the next few years. And the misery of today will make the 2027 Wembley Playoff Final victory that much sweeter.

It does all hinge on sacking the moronic Sporting Director, mind you.

5 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

It's a shame you're a ****.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2