Sign in to follow this  
Graham Paddons Beard

Heartbreaking

Webber is finished here. Nobody can take that level of derision and disrespect and expect to be at the helm to take this club forward.

To remain would be a total and utter disrespect to the current owners which ultimately switches the focus on removing the owners.

Webber hates us fans and we hate him. He has to go, it's impossible he stays.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

It is odd, isn’t it… to me the two aren’t remotely comparable, but it’s very easy to get caught up in the ‘this is the worst…’ thing when it actually isn’t.  We’re a long way from that Colchester performance, indeed a long way from the dreadful mid-late 90s rubbish… the difference is that we know the good performances are in there somewhere beneath the surface (Millwall, Blackburn), if not at home where I think I’m right that we’ve not scored for 7 hours of play. 

But it’s obviously far from great - our performance levels have dipped well beyond what’s ok; there are mitigating circumstances with injuries in key areas, but in defence we really only have two cb’s out - that shouldn’t lead to a complete capitulation (particularly as Gibson is often in-and-out of the side). Are we that reliant on Hanley that we can’t function without him? Or Kenny?  That surely lies at the door of those responsible for our squad/transfer policy, we’ve had issues in defence for so many years and always seem to be short.

To me, the saddest thing was that it was the much-derided Russell Martin and his side that helped to show what we should be doing rather than what we are, in terms of being a ball-playing side.

Of course things aren’t as bad as your first paragraph. But I would caveat given the opportunities we’ve had, the hard graft the club has done, only to keep throwing it away is mind blowing. It’s almost like a self fulfilling prophecy of “we’ll never be good enough” - an inferiority complex. 

To not kick on as club, and im going to compare because it’s kind of fair right now, like Brighton and Brentford have done, coupled with fan expectation, is the biggest failure (bar the academy) currently. 

When you consider the catchment area NCFC covers to not capitalise on that is just a ball dropped. 

13 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

To not kick on as club, and im going to compare because it’s kind of fair right now, like Brighton and Brentford have done, coupled with fan expectation, is the biggest failure (bar the academy) currently. 

When you consider the catchment area NCFC covers to not capitalise on that is just a ball dropped. 

Your not supposed to benchmark us against successful teams. Because for every Brentford there is a Wigan.

There is no such thing as an Established team. AND there is data to prove it . Stoke (not Palace) . 

Luckily not many of our fans actually think like that . However a few do . 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Your not supposed to benchmark us against successful teams. Because for every Brentford there is a Wigan.

There is no such thing as an Established team. AND there is data to prove it . Stoke (not Palace) . 

The lack of trying is the thing that hurts the most. You could say the self funding thing was trying but even then we did a half arsed job of it. Like I’ve said before we’re straddling two camps and it doesn’t work. 

31 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Quite right. We are supposed to spend heaps and heaps of money as we have done yet be proud of only mediocre middling performance. The Happy Clappers logic.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Webber is finished here. Nobody can take that level of derision and disrespect and expect to be at the helm to take this club forward.

To remain would be a total and utter disrespect to the current owners which ultimately switches the focus on removing the owners.

Webber hates us fans and we hate him. He has to go, it's impossible he stays.

I always do think that but it's not always the case. I remember after we sold Ron Davies and Hugh Curran Geoffrey Watling copped for worse in the stadium. The Zigger Zigger chants still the worst abuse I have ever heard. As a kid I couldn't understand it. I guess that was the ultimate insult of those days.

Watling stayed and the unrest remained until 71/72. We got promotion but that was always credited to Ron Saunders. In fact the board were never thought about during good times. But the anti Watling stuff resurfaced when we struggled in the first division. And eventually he was gone and South took the reigns.

South's opening shot was 'the fans say Watling out but I say Watling in.' So they teamed up and Watling was still there over 20 years later to help save our club.

I don't see how Webber will survive this but there's obviously big changes occuring and if he's valued to be part of that he could still have a pivotal role to play.

Edited by nutty nigel

On 22/04/2023 at 16:47, Graham Paddons Beard said:

To see my Club in this state. Been there and seen it all before , but it never gets any easier . 
How did we end up with this set of players . Decent owners but who now haven’t got the drive or the money who have rescinded power to a sporting director who has come to the end of his agitation and his wife who in interviews couldn’t be less (you know) impressive . 

How have we ended up giving new contract to a player like Onel who three years ago wasn’t good enough for our then team? Or a striker who doesn’t strike ?

How have we deflated the fans and the sponsors . Found a way to perform suicidal PR stunt after stunt . Having to celebrate having a nice font or badge change. 

I feel tonight like I did under Roeder. We have witnessed relegation form in the last 10 games. 

I wish i didn’t care so much but Norwich are in the very core of my being . Watching that shocking performance , hearing the fans , listening to friends connected to the club and what is happening is dreadful. The City club is having a nightmare . I hate it. 

Folks forgive me. I have to post this again. I found it therapeutic last time. As tonight I feel very slightly worse , I’m saying this again. 

Root and branch changes required. Football is a dynamic business and we have got caught out . 

A truly dreadful season . 

On 22/04/2023 at 16:57, cambridgeshire canary said:

Good thing he's not hired his wife on the board and his best friend as manager to ensure he's going nowhere.. Oh

Zoe was at the club before Stuart... and there is no evidence to suggest she has any ability to ensure his position. In fact, if that was the case, he wouldn't have a rolling contract would he? It'd be a lucrative 5yr contract with escape clauses to his benefit, like if a European or home top tier side come knocking he has to be told and allowed to speak to them.

On 22/04/2023 at 16:47, Graham Paddons Beard said:

To see my Club in this state. Been there and seen it all before , but it never gets any easier . 
How did we end up with this set of players . Decent owners but who now haven’t got the drive or the money who have rescinded power to a sporting director who has come to the end of his agitation and his wife who in interviews couldn’t be less (you know) impressive . 

How have we ended up giving new contract to a player like Onel who three years ago wasn’t good enough for our then team? Or a striker who doesn’t strike ?

How have we deflated the fans and the sponsors . Found a way to perform suicidal PR stunt after stunt . Having to celebrate having a nice font or badge change. 

I feel tonight like I did under Roeder. We have witnessed relegation form in the last 10 games. 

I wish i didn’t care so much but Norwich are in the very core of my being . Watching that shocking performance , hearing the fans , listening to friends connected to the club and what is happening is dreadful. The City club is having a nightmare . I hate it. 

Glad this has been bumped. Perfect post 

• Thanks 1

On 23/04/2023 at 14:56, nutty nigel said:

I always do think that but it's not always the case. I remember after we sold Ron Davies and Hugh Curran Geoffrey Watling copped for worse in the stadium. The Zigger Zigger chants still the worst abuse I have ever heard. As a kid I couldn't understand it. I guess that was the ultimate insult of those days.

Watling stayed and the unrest remained until 71/72. We got promotion but that was always credited to Ron Saunders. In fact the board were never thought about during good times. But the anti Watling stuff resurfaced when we struggled in the first division. And eventually he was gone and South took the reigns.

South's opening shot was 'the fans say Watling out but I say Watling in.' So they teamed up and Watling was still there over 20 years later to help save our club.

I don't see how Webber will survive this but there's obviously big changes occuring and if he's valued to be part of that he could still have a pivotal role to play.

This - though I'm not old enough to have witnessed that.

I was gutted in 2017, when Howson left. I felt for sure he was a player we should have tried to hold onto to build a team around. And that not hanging onto him meant we would struggle to find success for some time. I was proven wrong on that part.

This is 100% about trust. And unlike the summer of 2017 which was approached with a lot of trepidation for the unknown by the fans, this is much more about that trust having once been in the people who helped turn the club around but have since damaged that with a few poor choice of words and a summer with money where primary targets were failed to be landed.

I get that.

I suspect like you though Nutty, you'll also remember when people called for Worthington's head and we said "better the devil you know, it could always get worse" and it did.

Right now though, it's much harder to call, mainly because of the state of our squad - and not because it is poor in quality, but that you need consistency to win any league and you cannot rely on youngsters for that.