Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

**official lappinitup match thread Hoops V Canaries**

QPR.. 1 win in 19 games... only Blackpool have a worst defensive record...  the ACN is strong tonight!

There's a fundamental lack of cohesion in our team. It's all in the midfield and mainly around the defensive structure which should be underlying our 'system' but compounded by a lack of ability and application in key areas. Hayden is hugely deficient due to his glacial pace and lack of passing ability - I understand he's suffered injuries and is not up to match fitness, but he looks non-league or maybe 'veterans' level to me. Marquinhos is simply unable to perform the basics of a Championship midfielder - he starts too high, basically trying to play as an outright winger/wide attacker without any regard for his position in the buildup and transitions. He doesn't have the pace or ability to scare the opposition defence so they don't worry about him. Hernandez we know well. He can threaten when he runs with the ball, but he offers little otherwise.

Ultimately there's not dynamism or creativity in the midfield, no one dropping deep looking for the ball, no one pulling defenders out of position and no one creating or utilising space. I would replace every one of our midfield with the players we had in 2020-21. The team has gone backwards.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Sara aside, Webber has bought quite badly. And it appears we will lose him in the summer according to those reports (Bailey).

Our youngsters look the most promising. Rowe, Omobamidele and even Gibbs.... Can only hope we have some kind of refresh very soon and build a new mentality. This current team just has all the hallmarks of an end of a cycle.

Wagner is trying out things and mixing it up. But he could do with a start again and a rebuild.

Just now, city4eva said:

While I pretty much agree, he did have Emi

Even with Emi we'd still be ****e! 🙂

Anyone who maintains this side doesn't miss Hanley is delusional at this point. 

• Like 3

Wagner is not the man

he can not set up a team with fire and passion

this is was a make or break game the last chance saloon stuff and his team plays like this 

7 minutes ago, unique said:

I cannot believe those half-time stats!?!

I’m on a train, so watching the BBC stats and reading this thread. It’s fair to say the stats don’t match the reaction on here: 71% possession and 9 shots to 2. Wuss gorn orn?

Edited by Nuff Said

Just now, hogesar said:

Anyone who maintains this side doesn't miss Hanley is delusional at this point. 

Or McLean 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Danke bitte said:

This. 100%. Wtf is wrong with this club? I’m so angry rn. 

I don't think you need to look much further than the decision to appoint a manager off the back of a sacking, only then to bin him off for a manager who had failed in his 2 previous jobs.

People also forget just how average Wagner's Huddersfield side was, they scored 1 more goal than we have so far this year. It very much appears to be a Webber policy that off the ball organisation and pressing is the priority now, not the possession based game of Farke's first 4 seasons. Wagner's promotion with Hudds came in 16/17, the same year that Chris Hughton took Brighton up automatically. 

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

Im on a train, so watching the BBC stats and reading this thread. It’s fair to say the stats don’t match the reaction on here: 71% possession and 9 shots to 2. Wuss gorn orn?

QPR are happy defending the lead 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

It is possible to be offside driving a coach? He'll probably end up in Cardiff.

OTBC

Good one Disco - spat my beer out laughing!

• Thanks 1