cambridgeshire canary

**official lappinitup match thread Rovers V Canaries**

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I don't disagree with that, as I prefer Gibbs in midfield to Sorensen.

But I also prefer Sorensen in midfield to Sorensen at centre back.

Said several times on here that I'd like to see Lungi and Gibbs as the double-pivot because both are good at getting the ball, but Lungi a bit more so than Gibbs. Both can also hit a ball from deep, but Gibbs is consistently somewhat better at it than Lungi.

• Like 1

Just now, hogesar said:

Could start by getting his first touch right, it spun to his left and in reality at that point shooting with his weak foot was the right option.

Agreed re. first touch, but the speed of action/thought is also a common problem with him. Similar when he skipped away down the line earlier, he just doesn't pass, shoot, change direction quickly enough and the moment goes.

What a great result and performance.

We remain an enigma under Wagner. Consistently inconsistent.

• Like 1

Let's hope the Gibson and Hanley injuries aren't too serious, or we're going to look very thin at centre-half. Hanley's looks like a season-ender, but we'll see.

6 minutes ago, repman said:

It wasn't the best pass really, in that situation you want it well ahead so the only option is to hit first time, the second Idah has to slow down to control it kills the momentum.

Maybe but if that was a host of other players I think they'd have done better with it. Could be confidence in fairness.

All things considered that was our best performance under Wagner. Battled adversity, worked our nuts off and quality finishing.

I'm made up with that, exactly what I wanted to see from Wagner. A very Paul Lambert display!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I'm made up with that, exactly what I wanted to see from Wagner. A very Paul Lambert display!

Yes, that looked like the most Wagnerian performance since he joined. Energy and commitment all round. All we ask for, really.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Nobody made a thread about the binners being in the automatics yet?🙃

Why mention them on our matchday thread? 

What a weird team we are. A right ol' rummun. We have looked so at sea these last few weeks and then we produce a real fighting and mostly controlled performance. And away from home against a team above us.

Onwards.

Better for Onel being back and Gibbs too.

Good shape today.

Happy Easter everyone.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Binner 

You just know it's coming. Thankfuly we have won, just know if we had lost the usual suspects would pop up and jerk off about how they are coming up and smashing us next season.. Strange how tha'ts all they ever seem to post about mind

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Let's hope the Gibson and Hanley injuries aren't too serious, or we're going to look very thin at centre-half. Hanley's looks like a season-ender, but we'll see.

Really got to hope that Gibson being subbed was precautionary. Agree that Hanley's looked very serious. Whatever people think of him, he's a tough cookie and he looked in agony.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Wembley still on. 

All the best 

Hooooj Nutty Nigel 

I was there yesterday for the women, and I just kept thinking how awesome it'd be to have to go again in a few weeks.

• Like 1

That was as good a performance as any this season. The shape was good and poor old Sara wasn't left to man midfield on his own. Gibbs was superb in his new role and Sorenson was as calm as ever. And Gunny was a rock if we did falter. Two cracking goals and plenty of other chances.

I am not bothered about Monday yet. I just want to relax thinking about how well we played today and made my day even better.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We have to follow that up with a display on Monday with Millwall and Blackburn both away at relegation battlers.