This was probably decided a while ago but have just gone public. Looks unhappy currently so wish him well with his next move and been a fantastic servant for the club.

Edited by jaberry2

Not a surprise, but glad the club have announced this now to give as many as possible the chance to say goodbye / watch him one more time etc.

Nothing lasts forever and we will got over it. I don't think he has been enjoying it since DF was sacked. Will always be remembered thats for sure.

• Like 1

Arguably the start of a massive summer for the club . 50k per week off the wage bill but song with Emi one of the most important players in our recent history .

deserves a massive send off

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Cant replace him won't replace him.

Will be missed more than anyone else. 

Very interesting to see where he goes.

Aston Villa 

Absolute legend and wish him well wherever he goes

However, I'd now try Sarg up front on his own as he will be our main striker next season unless we bring in someone else and use these games to experiment ahead of next season 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Aston Villa 

I doubt it. They've progressed very well under Emery, and they'll be spending big next season

18 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Very interesting to see where he goes.

MLS

1 minute ago, Samwam27 said:

Absolute legend and wish him well wherever he goes

However, I'd now try Sarg up front on his own as he will be our main striker next season unless we bring in someone else and use these games to experiment ahead of next season 

I'd personally ship out Idah on loan, start Sarge up front. It would be good to get a second striker to compete with Sarg next season.

Just now, jaberry2 said:

I'd personally ship out Idah on loan, start Sarge up front. It would be good to get a second striker to compete with Sarg next season.

Totally agree

27 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Or , is this to head off criticism when he doesn't make the starting line up in the next few games?

Why would you leave him out? Offers more than the rest put together. Only player we have who seems to have football brain......and if anybody comes on here says time for Idah to step up,they need to give their head a serious wobble. Not fit to lace Pukki's boots.

Edited by mannings bandy legs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One of the club's greatest-ever players. Put him at the top of our 92-93 team and we would have won the league.

I'm gutted but it is probably the right time. Hopefully this means he'll get the send-off he deserves in the last few games, rather than people complaining he's not the player he was.

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Aston Villa 

There is more chance of Villa signing Haaland in the summer than there is Pukki and there is absolutely no chance of us getting Haaland

The term “Legend” is thrown around a lot these days, but Teemu Pukki IS a Norwich Legend !!

• Like 2

A sad but expected decision, I'm also not confident that Sargent will be here next season, will he want another (expected) championship season. I can see us selling him, freeing up some wages & then spending the money on a new striker, then using the leftover money to improve the starting 11.

Just now, Top corner said:

A sad but expected decision, I'm also not confident that Sargent will be here next season, will he want another (expected) championship season. I can see us selling him, freeing up some wages & then spending the money on a new striker, then using the leftover money to improve the starting 11.

Nah, noones buying him for what we paid

Whilst he has  been a great servant for us amd true professional, at least we can finally move on into a post Pukki world (for better or worse). If he had signed rhe extension all we would have done is keep kicking the can down the road and forking out £50k pw allegedly which is unaffordable in our current financial situation where we have already borrowed (and spent) against guaranteed future income. That said, this news is symptomatic of our decline. Simple league position can mask reality. Just look at THFC for proof.

Everything has to end eventually. He's been an incredible player for us but if he feels it's time to go then I wish him all the luck in the world.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Haus said:

Nah, noones buying him for what we paid

I agree that we probably won't get what we paid for him, but I can imagine us selling him simply because he is quite a big financial asset, which could be used to improve the starting 11. Add in the money from selling Max, possibly Sara, maybe 1 or 2 more, plus whatever else we have to spend, I think could massively improve the starting 11. Whatever happens, it's going to be a busy summer for player recruitment. I also forgot to mention the 15% of any profit we get from Maddison being sold this summer, he'll be in big demand & will definitely be sold, seeing as Leicester are in the financial brown stuff.

Edited by Top corner

Inevitable.

One more big payday before hanging up his boots and who can blame him.

One of the best free transfers we will ever have.

Many thanks Teemu, you leave us with great memories.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4