Hardhouse44

We’re drinking in the last chance saloon!

I feel like this is the last chance to save this horrendous season and give ourselves a slim, slim chance of making the playoffs. 
we have some very difficult away game to come which I full expect us to get little if anything from however a statement of intent today might just give us the merest glimmer of hope. 

It could literally be the last chance saloon for this season and many to come. Failure to get promotion this season will undoubtedly lead to assets ( the few we have) being sold to fund the survival of our wonderfully! run self-funding club. Whilst everyone else looks for super rich sugar daddies we’ve diluted our shares in the hope that an American investor who is way, way short of the financial clout need to inject really ambition in to this club might plough in what is in this day and age a poultry sum of £10m in to the survival kitty.

Dark times ahead I fear as we fall further and further behind the pack!

Edited by Hardhouse44

We had our last chances when we faced Stoke and Huddersfield. Both of those teams are a hundred times worse than Sheffield United are.

We Know how that went.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

We're 3 points off the play-offs and financially the most sustainable club in the Championship, according to independent reports.

So I think we'll be ok either way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

I feel like this is the last chance to save this horrendous season and give ourselves a slim, slim chance of making the playoffs. 
we have some very difficult away game to come which I full expect us to get little if anything from however a statement of intent today might just give us the merest glimmer of hope. 

It could literally be the last chance salon for this season and many to come. Failure to get promotion this season will undoubtedly lead to assets ( the few we have) being sold to fund the survival of our wonderfully! run self-funding club. Whilst everyone else looks for super rich sugar daddies we’ve diluted our shares in the hope that an American investor who is way, way short of the financial clout need to inject really ambition in to this club might plough in what is in this day and age a poultry sum of £10m in to the survival kitty.

Nice to know that your hairdresser sells booze............

• Haha 1

Just now, hogesar said:

We're 3 points off the play-offs and financially the most sustainable club in the Championship, according to independent reports.

So I think we'll be ok either way.

But are we. We’re £60m in debt due to a loan we were forced to take. The club has already said we will need to sell assets if we fail to get promoted to survive. 

We will sell for around £10m, £7m, 8m the few assets we have and replace with £1m, £1.5m maybe £2.5m players. We dilute and waste our resources constantly and eventually it will catch up with us. Leaving zero assets left to sell next time we need to raise some cash!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Nice to know that your hairdresser 

Edited by Hardhouse44

7 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Nice to know that your hairdresser sells booze............

Lol yes the barber is dealing in cheap hooch.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

We will sell for around £10m, £7m, 8m the few assets we have and replace with £1m, £1.5m maybe £2.5m players. We dilute and waste our resources constantly and eventually it will catch up with us. Leaving zero assets left to sell next time we need to raise some cash!

Sounds very much like the Chase era.

We’re not in last chance saloon yet, with 8 games to go there’s plenty to play for, but we are definitely starting to run out of chances. That inept second half at Huddersfield definitely cost us two important points.

Luton and 'Boro are probably out of our sights, so it's two places between six teams:

Blackburn  37   61

Millwall      38    60

NCFC          38    57

Coventry     38    57

WBA           37     55

Watford      38     55

Blimey! How did it come to this? 

It has got to the stage where there is little point looking to others to drop points as five teams won't all fold simultaneously , we just need a winning streak of proportions this team only achieved, rather fortunately, under Dean Smith. 

Evenso, and as things stand, the Baggies could leapfrog us if they win their game in hand, and we could do with Millwall beating them today. Also, Luton beating Watford today could put the latter out of it.

Is it too late to expect our highly paid bunch of failures to finally justify their wages with results? Can they surprise us all at last?

Yep. That said always a chance and nothing wrong with Wagner's stance. Just a pity other aspects of the Club should be in alignment but are not.

3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Yep. That said always a chance and nothing wrong with Wagner's stance. Just a pity other aspects of the Club should be in alignment but are not.

20,000 season ticket renewals probably disagree with you but then again most people disagreeing with you is not unusual.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

But are we. We’re £60m in debt due to a loan we were forced to take. The club has already said we will need to sell assets if we fail to get promoted to survive. 

Where did the club say we would need to sell assets if we don't get promoted this season?

36 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

i agree about Assets bought getting sold 

But those Assets have got us where we are now 

the cheaper buys in the start of the webber era did very well Pukki Emi Krul Germans etc 

Now i think Webber should go as he has had a good chance to show how he can deal with the step up and his signings since the fantastic early days have been terrible looks like he has lost his magic tree of signing good cheaper players and now buys players over priced for what they are except Sara / Gibbs ,

it can be done buying cheaper players Luton Brentford and ourselves have proved that but it is all about Recruitment and our man has lost his touch 

1 hour ago, Hardhouse44 said:

It could literally be the last chance saloon for this season and many to come. Failure to get promotion this season will undoubtedly lead to assets ( the few we have) being sold to fund the survival of our wonderfully! run self-funding club. Whilst everyone else looks for super rich sugar daddies we’ve diluted our shares in the hope that an American investor who is way, way short of the financial clout need to inject really ambition in to this club might plough in what is in this day and age a poultry sum of £10m in to the survival kitty.

Ive said it before and ill say it again , Hardhouse isnt hard, Belgian Waffle Dubstep is pure evil mate. 

Whichever Division we're in we need to play like we mean it. I'm not seeing that at the moment.

Shortly heading for a drink or 5 in the Last Chance Saloon, so not all bad.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

No 'hambition 😡😡

What's the apostrophe for? 

We've proven we can't stay in the prem. It's a sh1t league full of plastic teams owned by billionaires. I wouldn't want NCFC owned by some tosspot that wants to swing his d1ck at some other tosspot 

1 hour ago, Hardhouse44 said:

This is definitely the point in Football Manager where you realise you've made some terrible decisions and load an earlier save. I expect they'll be doing that pretty soon. Summer 2021, here we come...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Most players don't look like they want it, most in the crowd don't either. Doesn't matter one jot how good the players are or what you do tactically if you haven't got that determination and momentum to sustain a promotion push. the only way the malaise around the club might be lifted is if we do complete squad refresh in the summer, right now we're just limping along is a zombified state, reminds me of 16/17. we'll win some and there will be the odd good performance but It's just not meant to be this year. Even if we do limp into the play offs I can't see us going up, I think the other clubs want it more and that's so important in a promotion campaign. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

There's an awful lot of chicken-littling in the fanbase at the minute. I don't know if it's because I mainly took a hiatus over the intl break or maybe I just can't remember, but the way some are going on at the minute it's as if football ends in a year's time and we need to win the PL by then to make it all worth it.

Football is an infinite game.

5 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

There's an awful lot of chicken-littling in the fanbase at the minute. I don't know if it's because I mainly took a hiatus over the intl break or maybe I just can't remember, but the way some are going on at the minute it's as if football ends in a year's time and we need to win the PL by then to make it all worth it.

Football is an infinite game.

What is chicken-littling? 

Such drama.

We'll all be back in August full of hope. Can't wait for that whatever division it is.

Edited by nutty nigel
💛⚽💚
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

What is chicken-littling? 

Chicken Little/Chicken Licken/Henny Penny was hit on the head by an acorn and promptly ran off to warn the king that the sky was falling in, telling the story to everyone who would listen.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hardhouse44 said:

So, so, so many issues with this statement.

Mark Attanasio has been rated as being worth $700m for starters. He hasn't put money into this club as such yet, the shares made available to him in that way have been clearly created to inject some money into the club for two reasons, as a demonstration of commitment from his part and also to signal that Delia and Michael still aren't just doing things for themselves - they could have just sold their own shares and the club would get nothing.

As a club, we are in a clear period of transition, both in terms of players, head coach and at the top in ownership too. 

Not only that, I would say English football could well be in for a period of transition as well. It appears that the vast majority of fans know that something needs to change, the government agrees across the benches.

2 hours ago, Hardhouse44 said:

If you’re getting a round in at the last chance saloon I won’t have a pint of what you’re drinking

Edited by Mr Angry

7 minutes ago, chicken said:

So, so, so many issues with this statement.

Mark Attanasio has been rated as being worth $700m for starters. He hasn't put money into this club as such yet, the shares made available to him in that way have been clearly created to inject some money into the club for two reasons, as a demonstration of commitment from his part and also to signal that Delia and Michael still aren't just doing things for themselves - they could have just sold their own shares and the club would get nothing.

As a club, we are in a clear period of transition, both in terms of players, head coach and at the top in ownership too. 

Not only that, I would say English football could well be in for a period of transition as well. It appears that the vast majority of fans know that something needs to change, the government agrees across the benches.

Much of that seems perfectly sensible.

Just that MA could buy out S&J and the minority shareholders for in his currency, peanuts. Why doesn't he just get on with it then? As for minorities Foulger has his.