Remember when people* used to go on about how the BBC was all left-wing?

Proof that it is a Tory mouthpiece.

*morons

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Badger said:

The BBC Chairman has made a recommendation for the new host of MOTD!

image.jpeg.ef9c76a4e9e92c560e4a6678a156ebbc.jpeg

The BBC

Gary Linekar

Assorted ancient pundits 

it’s like Jurassic Park

In the immortal words of punk rock band NOFX, “dinosaurs will die”

Someone will see this as an opportunity

1 minute ago, cornish sam said:

But this is a different situation. Alan sugar doesn't actually take the Beebs money, he takes Freemantle's money (who make the apprentice) and the BBC buy the show off them whereas lineker is employed (as a freelancer) by the BBC to present one of their flagship shows. Whilst I don't necessarily agree with the decision, I can at least understand it, pretty much every company has a social media policy that all of their employees have to abide to, lineker has already been warned about his social media behaviour before, he is one of the biggest earners at the beeb, they have to take action.

For the record I don't disagree with what he has said, but if he worked for anyone else and he kept breaking their policy then he would be reprimanded.

It’s a bit of a technicality - much of the production fee the bbc pays will go to Sugar, so it doesn’t matter.  Lineker (and many orher presenters) is freelance and not a direct employee of the Beeb - he’s often on BT and others.

This would have more of an impact if Lineker wasn't an unbearably smug tax avoiding useless presenter. 

• Like 1

Just now, hogesar said:

This would have more of an impact if Lineker wasn't an unbearably smug tax avoiding useless presenter. 

That's probably your single best post ever; have a like. 👍

OTBC

I actually prefer MotD 2....especially 2 good 2 bad....

I don't really care if they show staunch solidarity to Linelicker....I just watch it for the highlights and drift when they give their toggy talks.....

Max Headroom could host MotD t'moro and I wouldn't even bat a why lid....

1 hour ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Lineker AND Wright both off the air? What's not to like?

Just need Murphy and Shearer to join them and MotD might be worth watching again.

OTBC

Ah yes... cancel culture at it's finest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Match of the day is like the Eastenders omnibus 

There’s literally no reason for it to be on TV in 2023

Its called, the internet.

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Much as I despise this government and find the double standards galling, drawing parallels with N*zi Germany rarely ends well for anyone. It's not a good look.

If it is true you have to call it out.  Look at the legal changes to the right to protest and strike, our government is curbing freedom, tolerant and Liberal people will currently be very nervous.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, chicken said:

Ah yes... cancel culture at it's finest.

They canceled themselves I believe.

My thoughts go out to the families of those multimillionaire ex-footballers at this difficult time.

OTBC

2 hours ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Tories are bricking it that the average working-class football fan will start to think about what is actually going on outside of what the Daily Heil is telling them.

FB_IMG_1639165776384.thumb.jpg.42dfd26de78d7abfc8117ed8c0a525d3.jpg

Always love an Orwell reference, however not sure this one quite works in the context of censoring Gary Lineker....who was criticised for a beer related advert four years ago, had a brother who ran a famous chain of pubs in his name, and who presents the countries most popular football programme.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

They canceled themselves I believe.

My thoughts go out to the families of those multimillionaire ex-footballers at this difficult time.

OTBC

You should just admit it, own it.

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Much as I despise this government and find the double standards galling, drawing parallels with N*zi Germany rarely ends well for anyone. It's not a good look.

Not least because you could find a way to draw parallels between literally anything and the Nazi government, they were in power for 12 years. Wear Hugo Boss? That's Nazi. Drive a VW? That's Nazi.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Someone will see this as an opportunity

It’s a bit of a technicality - much of the production fee the bbc pays will go to Sugar, so it doesn’t matter.  Lineker (and many orher presenters) is freelance and not a direct employee of the Beeb - he’s often on BT and others.

There is a huge difference, lineker is employed by the BBC to present one of their flagship shows. Sugar is employed by a production company to host a programme that they own the rights to and are able to sell to anyone. The beeb could not buy the apprentice, but they could take no action directly against sugar.

15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Whilst I agree with your appraisal of Lineker, the fact that it is him shouldn't dilute the wider point. Who in their right mind cancels Attenborough 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Remember when people* used to go on about how the BBC was all left-wing?

Proof that it is a Tory mouthpiece.

*morons

The problem with being impartial is that everyone thinks you are biased against them...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, hogesar said:

He’s not the messiah, He’s a very naughty boy..

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Just to clarify yet another of your misleading thread titles.

Gary Lineker is to step back from presenting Match of the Day until an agreement is reached on his social media use, the BBC has said.

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Whoops did not mean to upset you. Don't worry I'll fix it even though you could have asked a litle nicer 😘

BBC Feedback eat your heart out!

9 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

There is a huge difference, lineker is employed by the BBC to present one of their flagship shows. Sugar is employed by a production company to host a programme that they own the rights to and are able to sell to anyone. The beeb could not buy the apprentice, but they could take no action directly against sugar.

It’s a technicality - neither are direct employees of the bbc. Both are broadcast by the bbc and should def facto each abide (or not) with their guidelines.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Virtual reality said:

It’s so hard to keep up with these ever changing opinions. It only seemed like yesterday when practically everyone apparently thought Gary was a smug, cheesy, Tax dodging ****. 

You forgot overpaid waste of tax-payers money.

• Like 1

Just now, chicken said:

You should just admit it, own it.

I admit that I think Lineker is a smug tw*t who has long since gone stale on MotD. I'm just glad he's not going to be on the box this weekend. Long may it continue! He can self-cancel till the cows come home!

You a Lineker fan then Chicken? Poster on the wall as a boy? Get funny feelings every time you gobble down a pack of Walkers? Each to their own I guess. Top player mind. Saw him play once or twice at Carrow Road. Think he scored. 

OTBC

7 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It’s a technicality - neither are direct employees of the bbc. Both are broadcast by the bbc and should def facto each abide (or not) with their guidelines.

It's not a technicality, the BBC make motd, they do not make the apprentice. Alan sugar has no relationship with the BBC, a production company which the BBC have no stakes in employee him, they also make shows for many othe broadcasters around the globe. A freelancer is still employed by the people he is freelancing for, he can just also be employed by other people and is not a permanent employee, the difference is massive.

53 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

image.jpeg.eaf19a58626632b4ad2c45dfd69cd4c8.jpeg...Brazil...."Jabba the Pizza Hut"....

But at least Jabba had a nice personality